“A very good experience for people who expect more cultural understanding of Morocco”

Creative Interactions - Day Classes
Ranked #7 of 23 Food & Drink in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a local experience in Marrakech? Start your travel with one of our cultural workshops . We offer Arabic workshops designed for travelers, Henna workshop, cooking classes and Marrakech Explorer (a fun way to explore the Medina). Start your Moroccan experience by learning simple phrases, greetings and common gestures to connect deeper with locals and enrich your stay in Morocco. Moroccans will appreciate your effort to speak Arabic. Activities great for adults, children (from 5 years old), groups, families, school trips and team building.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I joinedbthe 90-min culture class and learned a lot of cultural stuffs about Morocco! The food, the language, the religion, the world view, etc. It was well facilitated with interactions and demonstrations! It was so great to have a local person to share the culture and we could share ours as well! It is much more meaningful than just go for shopping and sightseeing!

And the staff were so helpful in hotel booking and guiding us around the city!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The henna class was very informative and was creatively designed to keep the lesson interesting. It was also short and gave us time to have hands on with the henna. The building also had free Wi-fi which allowed us to look up our own designs. We also got to try on traditional clothing which was typically worn during the festivities in which henna would be used.

The french cooking class was fun and great for beginners. Since we were french students studying french abroad, all directions were given in french. The instructor also used many gestures and demonstrated what she wanted done. This helped us learn some new vocabulary and make a nice meal. The free juice was an added bonus.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I did the 90 minute Henna Workshop at Creative Interactions and had a great time. The local teacher taught us about local Berber designs (and also Indian designs) and then we got to try it out for ourselves! I loved learning about the background of henna in Morocco from a local and also trying it out myself! I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and recommend the workshop to anyone traveling through Marrakech!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends and I did a 90 min. Arabic course and a 90 min Henna workshop. Both were really fun and interactive. The teachers were both friendly, helpful and skilled in what they do. It was a great way to be introduced to Morocco and prepare for a week in the culture. My only advice would be to visit the hamam BEFORE you get your henna done! I went to the hamam right after and it was almost totally rubbed off...

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My friend and I took a very helpful afternoon class, which was both fun and professional. We were given a very enthusiastic introduction to Moroccan Arabic and culture, which meant we could easier and more enjoyable travel around and interact with locals. Very interactive way of teaching language.