1,080 results
All reviewsgolden tulipgreat poolsmall balconybed and breakfastthe main squarehotel is situatedrestaurant staffbreakfast and dinnerthe hustle and bustlebungalowmoroccotaximedinaarabickoutoubiaroses
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I like to have a hotel of my own in every city I visit regularly and Farah, former Golden Tulip has been my Marrakech hotel for seven years consequently. Due to name change I couldn't reach them by e-mail and made the resevation at a good price through hotels.com. I booked half board on arrival and had to negotiate a bit to get it for the same price as last year as the Mademoiselle at the reception was rather arrogant.
The location in Hivernage, the garden part of the city is peacefull and you can still walk to the main square Djemaa El-Fna, though inexpensive petit taxis are available just in front. My room was high on the street side and contrary to my belief it was quiet, only the birds singing in the trees flowering in yellow and lilac woke me up in the morning.
Weather was warm so I had both my breakfast and dinner outside on the terrace. The food was healthy with all kinds of vegetables as salads and side dishes and one different warm meat and fish dish every day. The pool is the best I have seen in all Morocco, 25 m long and also wide enough to give space to swim long distance among other bathers, it is not heated but a fresh 20 degrees Celsius in spring. The hotel corridors are quite dark and would need renovation, but the rooms are light and large,
all have balconies. I am definetely coming back next year.

Room Tip: Pool view or street on high floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Heli P
Direction G, Directeur général at Hotel Farah Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear Heli P,

Thank you for your hight praise and generous feedback from your stay at hotel Farah Marrakech. Our vision is to Create the most sustainable, beautiful and inspiring hotel experience and I am thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you. Thank you for your compliments on our outlets, we are thrilled to read you were pleased. Many thanks for sharing your generous feedback!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to our beautiful city and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Accommodation and the environment is ok. Close to the centre and the old town. Nice swimming pool. Staff do their job but nothing more. A smile is to much. Sometimes even unfriendly in the restaurant. They don't see what had to be done and you have to ask for everything. All meals are in buffet. I stayed here for 3 nights and the quality was from acceptable to bad. The buffet is not filled when something is finished. There is always missing something from the tableware. And the food is not very tasty and surely not presented in a good way.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Direction G, Directeur général at Hotel Farah Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Staf W,

Thank you for your open feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were sorry to read that we failed to meet all your expectations.

Your comments and observations are extremely helpful . Please do get in touch with me on your next arrival to ensure a comfortable and a better stay.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Stayed at the hotel for a week half board, Firstly the good points, the min we arrived we we upgraded to a bungalow, the staff were all fantastic, kind friendly and helpful and very sweet, nothing was any problem, our lovely maid brought us a massive bunch of roses which were lovely, the gardens are so lovely, pool was just fine. Breakfast was very good, but could do with omelets! we really felt well looked after.
Now the not so great points :( the hotel inside main building was lovely but elsewhere was tired such a real shame as it could really be stunning, just silly things like paint, maintenance in gen was very very poor, my husband got a shock from a lamp !! all this falls on management, I have been a hotel consultant in previous and it was 100% a lack in training and the ability to make sure all is good. sad in many ways as i said all staff were fantastic. Oh dont book half board, really ! who ever is in charge of meal planning may need to look at how and what food could be changed. It would cost little to make this a little gem, as its almost perfect but the things i mentioned do let it down :( but a MASSIVE thank you to the gen staff <3

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear kittykerr,

Thank you for your hight praise and generous feedback from your stay at hotel Farah Marrakech. Thank you for your compliments on our outlets, we are thrilled to read you were pleased. Many thanks for sharing your generous feedback!

Also, we are sorry to hear that your experience with us didn't meet your expectations and we would like to present our sincere apologies for the troubles you have met during your stay in the Hotel Farah Marrakech.

Be sure that all your remarks has been considered and the appropriate measures have been taken.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The fact they look at us at the reception and told they didn't have a room , two minutes later from the parking lot I rented the rooms through Booking app ( I was traveling with two kids, and driving for hours).
After all this big misunderstanding they tried their best to help us get comfortable (they did) witch made us forget the ideia that Hotel Farah judges books by their cover.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear lucvanessa,

Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

So, we (4 girls) stayed there for 1 week, so 6 nights. We absolutely liked the location, it's not far from the Medina and right around the corner you have a huge shopping mall where you can buy fresh water etc.
The food was pretty good but due to a friend of ours getting sick because of raw meat, we decided to be a bit more careful at the buffet.
Either way, our waiter was the most sweetest and kindest person ever, he took care about us, so we didn't have any issues during our stay there.
Definitely would go there again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerstin S
Direction G, Directeur général at Hotel Farah Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Kerstin,

thank you for your hight praise and generous feedback from your stay at hotel Farah Marrakech. Our vision is to Create the most sustainable, beautiful and inspiring hotel experience and I am thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you. Thank you for your compliments on our outlets, we are thrilled to read you were pleased. Many thanks for sharing your generous feedback!