Riad Dar Attajmil
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
All reviewscooking classroof terracethe main squareguest roomsmint teaevery morningan oasiscentral courtyardcooking lessonthe hustle and bustleexploring marrakechrooms are comfortablethe location is perfectbreakfast is servedfour nightsnarrow streetsthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lucrezia Mutti is a hotelier extraordinaire! Having never been to Marraketch before I had no idea what to expect. Coming into the city under the cover of darkness is a bit daunting but once you reach Riad Dar Attajmil your apprehension is dismissed. You are immediately welcomed as if you had come to an old friends house. The staff is superb and nothing is any trouble for them. They appear when you need them otherwise they are very discreet. Breakfast in the morning on the roof top terrace is delightful and after a day of trawling the souks for the best deal it is lovely to come back to the Riad for dinner. The food is traditional, well presented and delicious! The location is superb. Marrakech is a city that assaults your senses very buzzy but I must say that after my stay there at the Attajmil I felt totally relaxed. Can't wait to go back !
Full marks for this jewel in the middle of Marrakech.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We arrived Into Marrakech at 8pm and it was very scary. The old town was crazy, horses, donkeys etc. definitely organize a pick up from the airport because you will never find it. Signage is very poor around the town. I would recommend to arrive during the day if possible. We stayed in the smallest rooms and they were ok if you stood your suitcases up. We visited in November so it was very cold in the riad in the morning and at night, however during the day it was pleasant in the sun. As we arrived late we organized a moroccan meal on our arrival, big mistake as we very very tired and food was adventurous for us Aussies was around $200aud for 4 people. We ate at the best italian restaurants in Marrakech for that price range. Breakfast was included at the riad and was amazing beautiful breads, cakes, yoghurt, fruit etc.The Moroccan tea was amazing as was the coffee. Also the staff were amazing and could not do enough for us. The Riad was a sanctuary after our the hectic days exploring, the free wifi was most welcomed by my teenage children. This Riad was a great all rounder and was our home away from home. Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Lucrezia M, Owner at Riad Dar Attajmil, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your precious feed back. This reply gives us the occasion to say that we are extremely grateful to all guests who take few minutes to write a review on Tripadvisor about their stay. They help us to know better our clients and their expectations, and to get conscious about what we can make better, or fix. Nevertheless, I would like to make clear, for the other readers, what my (not excellent) English parhaps made me misunderstand in your message:
All rooms and common areas at Dar Attajmil do have heating (including heating for open air areas) and beds have duvets in autumn and winter time.
Also, please note that since our opening in 2003 our dinner price is 20 Eu per person.
All the best, Lucrezia

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have stayed here many times in the last 10 years but have not been to Morocco for 3 years. I decided to book again as I saw that Dar Attajmil was under same ownership and I was so happy to see that all the standards have been maintained, in fact improved and it was so lovely to be back. I can't think of a better riad / dar to stay in in Marrakech, the location is perfect and the decor is beautiful but what makes it really special is the personal attention to detail. We had dinner in the riad and it was amazing, the best meal we had in 5 days in Morocco, no wonder if they run a cooking school ! But it was delicious and cooked with knowledge and care. Also the breakfasts are just to die for. The staff are so helpful and kind and remember everything that you like and take such great care of you. I highly recommend this place !

Room Tip: There are only 4 rooms and they are all nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 1 November 2013

It is my second time at Dar Attajmil and I loved it more than the first time! The courtesy of the staff and of Ms. Lucrezia (the owner) make your staying very pleasant. You really feel welcomed and assisted. The price is very good, compared to the high quality of the service, and the location - very close to "the square" - simply perfect. Also the cuisine is very good: simple, real and very good. I suggest the cuisine classes (a lot of fun!).
I felt at home (not an easy feeling, when you travel in a country far away from home).
Hope to be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the Tea Room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a great riad and what a great team - I'd take them all home with me if I could. The place is your classic riad set up central courtyard, plants, roof terrace, lots of cushoined areas to lounge about and is generally superb, it looks great, is comfortable and peaceful. Is an ideal location with a short walk into the main square (Djemma el Fna) and easily accessible to other areas of the city, so long as you don't put too much trust in maps and street signs but that's another story!

In the evenings you can relax as the sun sets and listen to the call to prayer whilst drinking Moroccan tea before heading out - there's a little taxi area a minute or so away - they're all local to that area of the medina and will agree to drop off and pick you up for a resonable amount - remember to haggle a little though, even if you think it's a good price - it's what you've got to do.

Brahim and Mohammad looked after us better than my parents and Lucrezia gave us recommendations that were great additions to the things to see and do. I wish I'd spent more time there, ironic I know as you're there to enjoy the city but the food smelt amazing, breakfast was differeent every day we were there and it was very good.......and they even have their own Hammam.

Is you want an authentic riad that's an oasis of calm in a mad city with a good location and staff that are lovely, then you don't need to look any further than Riad Attajmil, save your energy for negotiating the souks, market stalls, scooters, bikes, snake charmers, acrobats and signs that no one should follow. Enjoy.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms, don't worry about it.....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple