“Simple, friendly, clean, and centrally located in the Medina”
Review of Dar Taliwint

Dar Taliwint
Ranked #595 of 1,195 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Dar Taliwint is a small but well-run and friendly establishment in the centre of the Medina close to key attractions. Dominique was very welcoming and always willing to recommend places to go, to eat, etc and arrange bookings whenever we wanted. The room was clean and the riad well looked after. The breakfast was wholesome and served when we wanted. For other meals you need to eat out, but Dominique was happy to recommend places and arrange bookings and give directions.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MusicalEclectic

Reviewed 5 January 2010

Had a wonderful stay at this beautiful cozy riad with hospitality. Although fairly close to the Jemma el Funa, I got lost on my way to the riad when I arrived in Marrakech; but the generous staff had came looking for me and got me to the place safe. When I arrived at this antique Arabic styled riad, a true beauty, I was welcomed by the friendly French owner who had been really kind the whole time during my stay. He also introduced me a traditional hammam "Les Mille et Une Nuits" in Medina where I had a very relaxing time. The room was very comfortable with clean spacious bathroom, also beautifully decorated. In the mornings I enjoyed the delicious breakfasts cooked by Saida in the lounge. I would definitely recommend this riad if anyone is looking for one in Marrakech. Have a nice stay!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Dominique is the coolest host - had a ton of time to help us get our bearings after a transatlantic flight, great sense of humor, mellow, always around...we totally felt like he was our friend, but so professional and scrupulous. The dar is beautiful and cozy, and our room was great. super support staff, and central location - very easy to find from anywhere, which is really saying something. Highly recommend- it's a steal too...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I absolutely recomment this "Maison d'hôte". We had a wonderful stay at Dar Taliwint. The hosts are incredibely nice, the setting is peaceful and decorated with very good taste. Rooms are comfortable and a great terrasse with view of the roofs of the Marrakech Medina. The host was very helpful in recommending interesting things to do in and around Marrakech. If in Marrakech, Dar Taliwint is a "must". We stayed in several Maison d'hôtes accross Morocco, but this one is in a class of its own.

Reviewed 12 December 2009

My partner and I visited Marrakech in November and stayed at Dar Taliwint for 4 nights following a recommendation from a good friend. As soon as I began communication with them I felt totally comfortable with my choice. I had many questions as we were taking our 18 month old daughter. They were always prompt and thorough with their answers.

I also read many reviews on Trip Advisor before booking, and all the excellent feedback got me very excited about staying there. Just before leaving I was a bit nervous that the place would not meet the high expectations I had. In fact, the whole experience surpassed my expections. From the moment we arrived Lénaïck and his team made us feel totally welcome and at ease. My usually shy daughter grew in confidence and was treating the place like home. The staff treated her like one of their own.

Our room (the green one on their website) was gorgeous. It was huge, with plenty of room for a cot and for her to run about and play on the floor. The bathroom was lovely too, and our daughter particularly liked the huge bath. The rest of the riad was very nice too. We spent lots of time in the downstairs courtyard and reading areas.

Aside from the gorgeous and traditional surroundings, the staff are what make this place so amazing. Lénaïck (one of the owners) was extremely friendly and helpful. He took time each day to sit with us, drink mint tea, answer our questions, and suggest itinerarys. Saïda and Younes were also wonderful. We honestly felt like family. My daughters favourite part of the day was breakfast. As soon as Saïda knew she was awake she'd start preparing breakfast as she knew Grace liked to eat as soon as she got up. Each day we looked forward to something different. It was wonderful every day and kept us all satisfied for hours.

Dar Taliwint is also in a great location, about 10 min from the main square and no more than 15 minutes from anything else in the Medina. You have great shopping on your doorstep, and some wonderful quiet squares where you can relax too.

When we visit Marrakech we will definitely stay at Dar Taliwint gain. I can't recommend it enough. Whatever type of traveller you are, I think it will please.

Thanks Lénaïck, Saïda and Younes for making our visit to Marrakech one of the best holidays we've had!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Dar Taliwint is a beautifully renovated riad which sensitively combines traditional architecture with modern furnishings. It is ideally located on a quiet side-street that is only a few minutes walk from the heart of the action. The spacious bedrooms are pristine and comfortable, with superb en suites that include reinvigorating drench-style showers. There are also lots of small spaces throughout the building in which to relax and the rooftop terrace has fantastic views across the medina rooftops. The breakfast provided is a tasty feast and perfect preparation for a days exploration. The owner is a friendly and helpful host who makes the place a home from home for travellers.

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We travelled down a typically dusty Marrakech alley but then stepped through the front door into a different world....a santuary from the hustle and bustle.

Dominque is a most friendly and welcoming host as are his staff.

Not as large as other riads but still of ample size for a our stay. Breakfast is french inspired and simple.

Go and stand on the roof terrace during the call to prayer and your ears will be amazed.

1  Thank shp73