“First class riad”
Review of Riad Dar Anika

Riad Dar Anika
Ranked #13 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I only spent one night at dar anika, and even as I write this review in another city..I wish that we could go back forever!! The other reviews are spot on, you will not be disappointed. We were greeted with roses, rose water, dates and milk..their breakfast is beautiful, fruits with Angel cake, yogurt, eggs and soups. It was the most incredible experience for our honeymoon. We chose to have dinner at the riad and it was absolutely delicious. You guys, I do not like lamb but something compelled me to order it ahead..so I couldn't change my mind when I realized what I had done, and boy am I glad I didn't. It was the most exquisite lamb I've ever tasted, the whole meal was beautifully timed and presented by the staff. The riad is just beautiful. Five star class, we can't wait to be back.

3  Thank K R

Reviewed 22 May 2014

After a recent short stay in this beautiful Riad I can only confirm that all the good reviews are true.
This was our first time in Marrakech and we weren't sure what to expect; our stay at Dar Anika made our visit very special. The location, rooms and food are all perfect and all the staff are fantastic & cannot do enough for you. I would also recommend the Hamman, it is a great experience! I don't often say this but it is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at and we cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank PeterB74
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As the last visit, it was superb. We came with a different couple that last time and hoped that our enthusiasm was not misplaced, they loved it!
The meal at the Riad was fabulous again.
We used the hotel recommended tour guide for a trip to the Atlas Mountains by car, it was very good value for money.
Hoping to return for Christmas, OK it will be lamb, but the tree will be up!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 222Dudley
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We booked this Riad on the back of the outstanding reviews given by other guests that stayed at the Dar Anika. So lets cut to the chase – Is this Riad as good as the reviews make it out to be?

In short yes. Dar Anika gets a 10/10 from us and deservedly so. This establishment is run along the same ethos as Richard Branson runs Virgin Atlantic Airlines. It’s all about customer service and attention to detail, so what follows is a more detailed insight into our stay.

On arrival at Marrakesh we were greeted by Anil who held up a board with ‘Dar Anika”. Anil was our VIP driver who took our bags from us and drove us to the Dar Anika Riad for our 4-night stay. The transport was clean, comfortable (spacious leather seating) with cool air con for the 15-minute journey.

On arrival at the Dar Anika we were warmly greeted at the door by the manger (Samir) and as we walked through into the courtyard, Samir introduced us to Fadwal who was standing tall and proud, carrying a big smile as she greeted us and held out a long freshly cut stemmed red rose for my wife to receive. Wow what a stunning reception!

Samir and Fadwal then introduced us to the staff - they took our bags to our room (Suite – Room 2) whilst we were asked to take breakfast on the roof top gardens to unwind after our 3 hour 15 minute flight from the UK.

After breakfast we sat with Samir who explained the Do’s and Don’ts of Marrakesh when visiting the Medina. Samir also mapped out some quality restaurants for us to eat in (new and old town) and a whole lot more……..

We stayed in a Suite (Room 2). It was a stunning room; rose petals decorated the fresh white bed linen in the shape of a heart with a fresh bouquet of flowers placed on the centre of the bed. Above the bed was a stunning sky light dome feature (see photo) which became an even better feature of an evening.

We decided to have our first nights dinner at the Dar Anika and wow we did not go disappointed. The food was plentiful to say the least but more importantly it was excellent in quality and professionally presented. To top it all, the chef and the kitchen staff came out after to dinner to sing me a happy birthday and greet me with a birthday cake.

The quality of service and attention to detail did not drop in standards after our 1st day. It remained constant throughout the 4 nights and nothing was too much trouble for Samir, Fadwal and their team. Oh we also took in a Hammon and a massage, which we would well recommend you do whilst staying at this Riad.

On departure from the Riad a packed lunch was handed to us for our flight back to the UK (Lemon chicken bread rolls, fruit– stunning and a huge thank you) and our baggage was taken to our VIP driver for the 15-minute journey to Marrakesh Airport.

We wanted for nothing during our stay at this Riad and we felt so relaxed in this friendly but professionally well run Riad which felt like home – a far cry from these modern hotels that simply treat you as number once they have secured your money for your stay!

Top Tips:

(1) Get Samir or Fadwal to arrange for a professional tour guide to take you around the local points of attractions.

(2) Ask Samir or Fadwel to book you into the La Maison MK Restaurant – its stunning, but get Samir to take you otherwise you will not find it on your own!

(3) Take a trip to the Atlas Mountains and Ourika Valley but make sure Samir and Fadel at the Riad arrange it for you. We spoke with others outside of this Riad who made their own arrangements – guess what they were hugely disappointed.

(4) Trust know one during your stay in Marrekesh and we mean know one other than the management and staff in the establishment that you are staying in.

A huge thank you once again for making our stay one to remember and your 10/10 rating is thoroughly deserved.

Room Tip: Book a Suite and ask for Room 2
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a wonderful week in Dar Anika. Great experience from the first knock on the big wooden portal. Suddenly all the noise and gear from the busy street stops and you enter an oasis of peace, charm and friendliness. The staff is ever so attentive. Rooms are very well designed and perfectly clean. The breakfast can't be topped. The small yet perfectly temperature pool is a phantastic relief after a full day out in the city. Highly recommended

1  Thank Dirk H
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I traveled with my kids, my brother and his wife, their kid, and our parents.The hotel is perfectly located, right in the Medina but not in a noisy area. It is beautiful. It is what I was hoping it would be: a boutique hotel, with high standards in every way (I am a New Yorker and picky), yet still authentic to the place. I didn't want to feel I am at some corporate hotel when I am in Marrakech. The breakfast area is on the roof, a gorgeous outdoor dining area, with food as fresh and delicious as could be, and cute turtles. There is a pool in the main floor, though water was too cold to use (but we were there during spring, maybe that's why we didn't want the cold water just yet). But what made the trip so special was the service. While super professional, it was also personal. We felt like we came home every time we entered. Upon arrival we received traditional tea and moroccan sweets, as well as roses. SAMIR, the hotel manager, was exceptionally excellent. He was caring, detailed, and very patient with jet lagged, big family guests that we were. He sat down with us right away to plan our stay, as to not spare a moment. His recommendations were sensational, and made our trip unforgettable. He was right on target with what we hoped to experience, and we did. The driver he arranged for us was super professional, lovely and spoke English very well. During our stay, every whim, at every moment, ANYTHING we needed was answered with a delightful attitude, and competence, by the whole staff. They made us feel at home.Thank you Samir and everyone at Dar Anika for making our trip so special. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: On the second floor. First floor room my parents had didn't have a bath.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mili R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We recently stayed at Dar Anika and found the staff extremely friendly and accommodating to all requests. It is more intimate than larger riads and hotels but that just adds to the extra level of service you get from the staff.

Morning breakfasts on the roof terrace are very filling and give you a good start for the day.
A recommendation is to book and eat dinner at the riad one night, but make sure you are hungry as it is a big feast and we couldn't finish.
The riad itself offers a little oasis in the busy streets of Marrakech and an escape during the hot summer days and is within a 10min walk in all directions of nearly all of the medinas main sites.

1  Thank Tim L