All reviewsmajor attractionschicken taginea great stayair conairport transfernice breakfastthe ground floorlocation is greatjemaa elbottled wateratlas mountainsriadsouksmapprayerprivacydriver
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had a lovely time in morocco especially because of our lovely host at riad jomona, Ibraham who was fantastic!!! He was so kind and helpful and went out of his way to help us!

The riad was situated very close to the souks and while there is no swimming pool on site the staff are able to direct you to a beautiful private pool nearby.

There is also a lovely roof terrace and cool patio so it really caters for those who are wishing to escape the heat of the day.

Room Tip: Chose the biggest room! First one
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I flew into Marrakech and stayed at Riad Jomana for one night before leaving the next morning for an excursion. The staff was friendly and responsive when i was emailing with them about arranging a shuttle from the airport to the Riad. Honestly, i don't think that I would have been able to find this location on my own as it's a bit far from the square and souks.

The room was clean and decent. The door to the rooms could probably use a little bit of updating as mine didn't properly lock and anyone could probably have opened it despite me leaving the key in the lock. Not sure if I would stay here again just because I wanted to be near the square, but this is a good location for those that want to get away from the craziness of the city.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We had booked to stay in room asma (the cheapest room) but we were put in suite fatima instead (the most expensive) because there was only one other room taken! riad romana is a wonderfully traditional raid in a great location!

The room we stayed in was wonderful, it had 3 double beds & high ceilings with fabulous toilet and shower rooms cut into the wall. The roof terrace was also great and a plus that they serve beer, which is hard to find out there.
Marco & Piero were both extremely helpful & friendly as were the other staff & having breakfast in the courtyard in the morning was lovely!

One point to make it taxis can't stop outside as the streets are too narrow so if you have a lot of luggage then make sure you agree your price with a barrow boy before they help you, we had an argument with our one who wanted to charge us more than it cost to get from the airport in a taxi!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lu123
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Taxi arranged with Riad Jomana arrived promptly and took us into the city.
We were then greeted by a teenage boy who showed us through the winding streets of the Medina to the Riad. He promptly showed us to our room.
The room was pretty traditional, what you would expect from a Riad. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. I didn't sleep a wink for much of the stay. Also, it was far too hot and the air conditioning was ineffective (although free of charge). The bathrooms were poorly ventilated and turned into steam rooms. The water dripped all the way down the stairs. Then again, I guess you expect this basic standard of accommodation for what we paid in North Africa.
The staff on duty tended to be a sequence of older teenage boys who were always very attentive and accommodating. In the mornings we were served a lovey breakfast by the Riad's owners. This place is particularly 'gay friendly' I noticed so that would be a bonus for some travellers.

The wireless Internet connection is only available is one part of the courtyard and is pretty weak.

I have to say that I absolutely hated Marrakech - it's dirty, polluted and uncomfortable. The inhabitants are a nuisance. You can't anyone for directions without being asked to pay. The main square is interesting for five minutes but doesn't feel particularly safe at all. Although I love Morrocan food, I sadly didn't sample much of it because I just felt to uncomfortable all the time. The roads are treacherous and the taxi drivers drive like maniacs. I was so happy to get home. Nonetheless, this is my opinion of Marrakech and no reflection of Riad Jomana. I'm sure an enormous number of people love the place and return year after year. Just not my cup of tea.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Will just take a moment to echo all of the other rave reviews which are well deserved. The room was stunning, felt like a Sultan. Close enough to everything but far enough away to provide a oasis of tranquility in the midst of all of the Marrakesh clamor. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple