“Fantastic place, location and manager!!”
Review of Riad Jomana

Riad Jomana
Ranked #263 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The riad is beautiful, situated in a very good location, within 15 minutes walk of the northern souks, and the main Jamaa El Fna square. Breakfast was typical Moroccan, with lovely warm breads and pastries.

The room/suite was large, and towels were replaced daily. The central riad courtyard was beautiful, and the roof terrace amazing, with views over the neighbouring rooftops. We could sunbathe daily on the roof terrace.

The highlight was our manager Yussef, who took great care of us, and walked us to the main roads towards the main square on our day of arrival to orientate us. He is a great asset to the riad, and our stay here in Marrakech would be different without him.

Overall, we would rate this riad as excellent, we would recommend to friends, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank surreynorthern

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Booked based on price, which I thought was good value for money based on what I had heard about this riad on the internet. I emailed before travel and arranged for them to pick me up from the airport and also for dinner on arrival - (riadjomanamarrakech[at]gmail.com). My flight was slightly delayed but the collection went without problem. The food was great, and plenty of it (salad, bread, chicken tagine and dessert). On arrival I was met by Yussef, who is an absolute star and could not have been more useful during my stay. He truly is a credit to this riad and made my stay very comfortable, even helping me negotiate in arabic for some spices I wanted to take home. If you're reading this - cheers Yussef!

I was travelling with my road bike and was getting worried about the security of an expensive bicycle during the day while I was out sight seeing - I need not have worried - the riad and my room within was secure at all times.

I found the riad easy to find when returning from day trips out and about. It took me around 10 minutes to walk to the Koutoubia Mosque.

Rooms (and the whole riad) were exceptionally clean. AC worked fine.Everything was traditionally and tastefully decorated.

I recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the ground floor rooms as they open into the courtyard where guests will be having the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. This Riad is close enough to the Bab Doukkala mosque that any taxi driver had no problem getting you to within 3 minutes walk of it, but still off the main streets, which means that you are able to enjoy an oasis of quiet and peace - invaluable in this city. Some other reviews make mention of the call to prayer and the proximity to a mosque. Morocco is a muslim country, and in the medina you are never more than 5 minutes walk from a mosque, so please stop being so ignorant! If you want to stay in the medina then this is a great value option, with clean rooms, air con and friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. We asked for a traditional lunch on our last day at the Riad, and the food was really delicious - far better than many of the restaurants we had tried. If you want to stay in a Western style hotel without being disturbed from your sleep by the call to prayer, then there are plenty of hotels that cater for that, however you will be paying a premium and missing out on half of the experience of Morocco! Great value, great location, and great staff made for a really enjoyable and relaxing staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomhazelton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I very much recommend Riad Jomana. It's located in a quiet street but still good location near shops etc and a short walk to the souk. Rooms are neat and clean with good AC, nicely decorated as well if you care for that. Yussef who takes care of most things in the hotel is super-helpful and friendly and full of good advice. Breakfast is good, in particular the thermos with excellent coffee that comes with it.

I booked a two-day/one-night trip to Zagora through the hotel for quite good price - this felt a lot easier than booking through one of plentyful agents around town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Stina C
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks stay at riad jomana and had a great time. Youssef, the owner, was very hospitable and friendly. He immediately made us feel welcome and at ease after a slightly stressful arrival. The room was clean, comfortable and traditionally decorated, with our own on suite bathroom and air con. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the central courtyard and just a few steps away from the riad roof. This was a great place to lie in the sun (or shade) during the day or star gaze in the evening. The room wasn't particularly sound proof but this was no issue as the riad only has 4 rooms so there was very little noise most of the time. The breakfast each morning was good with a choice of different traditional food such as breads, flat breads, pancakes and donuts, served with jams and a yoghurt. It was served in the courtyard but the option was there to eat on the roof too. During our stay we visited a few tourist spots and went on a 2 day Sahara trip. I would definitely recommend this to anyone as it was the highlight of our holiday. We were apprehensive at first as it was booked through the riad and we didn't really know about the company running it. But it was fantastic and considerably cheaper than other equivalent trips we had seen online. Youssef was very helpful in organising it and offering advice in other things we might do. He even walked us half way towards the Jardin Marjorelle to make sure we knew the way.
Finally, the riad was only a 10 minute walk from the main square so brilliant location. Thanks Youssef, we'd recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were picked up from the airport and it cost us 15 Euros. Riad Jomana is very well situated just few minutes from Jemma El Fna. On the way to the main square there are many cafes and few restaurants. As far as the riad itself- it is in a quiet street that is a dead end. The riad is typical marrocan one. It has got a patio and a terrace. Breakfast is served in the patio. Everything would be great ( the host is very friendly and helpful) except our first night. We got a really stinking room ( on the first floor in the middle). We have stayed in a lot of different rooms but this was the first one we just could not bear. Honestly, it was horrible. We were just woken up in the middle of the night by this smell. We asked for another room and we got it:) Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank igitravel
Reviewed 16 February 2014

First visit to Marrakech. Took taxi from airport (70 DM) which dropped me off in Bab Doukkala square. I must have looked lost, as a local kid immediately engaged me in conversation and walked me directly to Jomana...I gave him 30 DM for his trouble. (It would have been very tough to find it amongst the narrow alleyways otherwise). Unless you're a confident traveller I would recommend Emailing Youssef to prearrange an airport transfer (15 Euros - 150 DM).
On entering Jomana you sense the terrific character and tranquility. My room was superb with shower, toilet and bedroom being on 3 levels. I even had a 4-poster bed. The rooms were that lovely Moroccan character of dark wood, rugs and curtains. I had prearranged a meal with Youssef, which was terrific. (Salad / Chicken Tangine / Fruit salad). Youssef himself is a delightful character. It could not have been more helpful. He was also humouress, and speaks excellent English. Riad Jomana is to be thoroughly recommended.
Location : A 3 minute walk from Bab Doukkala square, where many taxis are available. The Riad is however quite some walk from Djemaa el-Fna.

Room Tip: I've no idea of the other rooms, however perhaps ask for the 'suite' which is on 3 level...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo