“Awesome stay and very friendly people”

Maison Arabo Andalouse
Ranked #31 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Awesome stay and very friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at the riad for 4 nights and we really loved it. Mohammed who was working there was very helpful and he even walked us to sites when we asked him about them. He was so helpful and kind. The rooms are great and quiet. Totally recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Mohamed it's very helpful land like the guests feel like at home,for that reason I prefer him take care because much more patient, even,me, i like to have and share Marrakesh impressions
with my guests

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This nice Riad is wonderfully placed in the Medina, between Saadian tombs and Bahia Palace, and it is at 8 minute walk from Jamaa el Fnaa place.
I stayed here 6 days with my wife and my two sons (8 and 12), and I received warmth and competence from all the personnel of the Riad.
Mohammed accompanyed us the first day to the place, and organized a wondeful trip to the valleys of Imil and Ourica (recommeded if you stay more than two days).
We also had a great traditional Morocco dinner in the Riad, in the silent and charming central hall, recommended after a day past in the noizse and haste of the souks.
Do not miss to get a little rest for your mind on the top roof terrace, while hearing the Muezzins calling for pryers.

Francesco from Italy

Room Tip: Suite 2 is perfect for a family with two sons
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Francesco F
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
I appreciate this review because show me and the staff that more and more we become a seriously help for family with kids.
My only worry it's the patio garden with the plunge-pool that it's almost impossible to keep 100% clean for the hundred of birds visiting or flying up with the consequences.
I will double the time we clean,of course without any restriction for the birds
Thank for your cooperation.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Absolutely agree with the other good reviews, the raid is well placed for all the sites, even with a buggy it's only a ten minute walk to the square and less to the tombs and palace.

The raid itself is very peaceful and beautifully decorated. I travelled with my 1 year old and 70 year old dad, we stayed in the ground floor room which suited our needs perfectly. It was really spacious so my son could play while I got ready. There was also some chairs and tables outside so we could sit and relax in the evening while my son slept. ditto his lunch time nap - in fact our baby monitor stretched as far as the roof terrace and restaurant area, with a lock on the raid door and on our room I felt very secure with my son.

The court yard garden was also a safe and fun environment for him to play in - added to this every single member of staff took time to play with him which took the pressure off me.

On that note I have to comment on the service. I travel for work and with a baby in tow was extremely demanding of them, changing times for things, asking for baby food, car seat etc, Mohammad & his team had the patience of saints, finding solutions to anything I needed. To my mind the service is the best I have ever come across. He also arranged trips and taxi 's for us - all in all making it one of the most relaxing trips with my son ever.

Zara and Fatima's food was excellent - again both my dad and son were spoilt. It's been hard work getting my son back to porridge after the breakfast there!

If you're travelling with a family I can't recommend this rind highly enough.

Room Tip: If you have access issues - trouble with steps, buggies etc the ground floor room is great. Also goo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hnnnnnnn
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
The baby care was the last discovery from my Staff ;they like that and watching nothing happened on patio garden or across plunge pool i think that i have to increase this category of Guest and sure they will not disturb the remainder of other Hosts and thank's lot for your nice comment.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my second trip to Marrakech. Previously I stayed in a very expensive Riad but this knocked it into a cocked hat. The Riad was beautiful and the staff absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and they were always smiling. Having just read some other reviews of this Riad I would like to reassure any Americans thinking of visiting that The Square is about the same distance from the Riad as West 32nd Street is from Grand Central Station, no more than ten minutes. I can't think of anything that could fault it, it's comfortable, quiet, relaxing, excellent in every way.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
I appreciate the answers given by the guests at the untrue comments.
We like,during the breakfast,discuss about the day program of Medina shortest way to rich
the most interesting points,of course with the relative timing.
Thanks for your appreciation of our job.
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This riad is a perfect distance from the hectic main square (about a 5-10 minute walk/saunter), very friendly, helpful staff, clean and simple. I'd recommend having breakfast served on the main roof terrace.

Room Tip: I stayed in the top room which has it's own terrace, highly advice this though, if you can't...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank JohnoVerity
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
The appreciation of private terrace,make me satisfaction,sometimes,same guests,prefer to watch the sunset here that on the Square Jemma el Fnaa,only 7 minutes walk.
I will try to make more offers of relaxation
Thanks,for your appreciate comments.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

1 week stay 08/10/11 - 15/10/11

Firstly, I must apologise to Paolo for promising to write a review and not doing it sooner. I hope you remember me and Tania!!!

The Maison Arabo Andalouse really does deserve all the praise it is given on trip advisor.

This was our first visit to Morocco and Marrakech and right from the initial booking, Paolo and his staff could not have done more to help us if they tried. The level of communication and helpfulness far exceeded any hotel I have ever stayed at. Do not be afraid to email the Riad with your questions before travelling, you are guaranteed quick answers. I had already planned a full week of excursions, average costs and an evening catered towards the proposal to my now fiancé at the Riad all months before travelling.

What makes Maison Arabo Andalouse stand head and shoulders above the competition is the people running it and the staff. Paolo was the perfect host and I have to say a huge thank you to Mohamed, Zara and Fatima as well. Mohamed is like the uncle I never had! Despite the language barrier they are a few of the kindest people you will ever meet. We was extra lucky to have the whole Riad to ourselves for 3-4 days of the 1 week stay and we was treated like royalty. It was such a personal and family orientated treatment that we left feeling like we was leaving behind 4 very good friends. How many other Hotels can you say that about??

The hotel is kept extremely clean day and night. It has a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere and is beautifully decorated throughout. Whilst some of the rooms are very spacious, do not expect the rest of the Riad to be the same. Afterall it is located down a side street/alley typical of Marrakech. It is by no means short of space however. The roof terrace is beautiful and catches the sun until very late in the evenings. You can take some very iconic pictures across the roof tops when the sun sets behind the mosques. The Riad is also situated next door to some old ruins where hundreds of stalks come to nest in the evenings. From the roof terrace you are literally about 10 feet away from some of the nests. They make the strangest noise with their beaks aswell!

I have to be objective and say that the one and only down side to our whole experience at Maison Arabo Andalouse was the level of noise some nights from the property opposite on the other side of the alley. The property is clearly owned and lived in by locals and contained a large family with children and a dog. Both were noisy a few of the nights till quite late. Paolo did mention that they had made a complaint to the local authority about the dog, so hopefully the issue got resolved.

The hotel is ideally situated just 5 minutes walk down two straight roads from Djemaa El Fna market square and the Souks. And with in easy walking of the Saadian Tombs, hammam spas and Bahia Palace. Marrakech can easily be intimidating to new visitors with its many alleys and hustle and bustle. On our first day exploring, Mohamed offered to walk with us as a guide to show us our way to the main areas of the city. He also made the various Hammam bookings for us and liaised with other tour operators on our behalf in French to ensure all bookings and times was understood. He even took us to the Hammam because we got lost. This sort of help from the Riad removed so many of our fears and worries when walking around on our own. All of Mohameds recommendations was perfect. For excellent food at ridiculously cheap prices, you have definitely got to eat at Oscars. It is very basic inside and feels a bit like a British Cafe, but the food is some of the best we tried when looking for a nice place for lunch or basic evening meal.

The food at the Riad was lovely although I do not expect many guests to eat there given how cheap the surrounding restaurants can be and you want to soak up the atmosphere that Marrakech has to offer at night. We did have breakfast every morning in front of the plunge pool though and it was delicious and very private. Mohamed even offered to go to the shops to get us our favourite items when they ran out. The staff at Maison Arabo Andalouse really did not allow us to lift a finger to help. Mohamed even had a go at me for carrying my own suitcase down the stairs!!! Bless him!

On a personal note, two moments stood out for me above all others. The first was the celebration of my 30th birthday at the hotel. Paolo arranged a meal in the dining area for all the guests including a few that had left a few days earlier and presented me with a gift for my birthday. What a genuine and nice gesture. Very heart felt. The second and most important was my engagement on the roof terrace. Paolo and Mohamed had decorated the roof terrace with hundreds of candles and rose petals scattered all over and put together a three course meal for after my proposal. It was a magical night made perfect by the staff. Poor Mohamed ran up and down two flights of stairs and a million times that night with plates and food. Even out of breath he managed a constant smile.

Thank you for an unforgettable holiday Paolo, Mohamed, Zara and Fatima. Myself and Tania are struggling at the moment to book a holiday to any other destination when we both keep ending the conversation with "I miss Morocco". We will 100% be back again!

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Speak Soon.

Mike & Tania

Room Tip: My first tip would be to contact the hotel directly if you are planning a stay of 5 days or more. Y...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MikeDavisLondon
How can refuse something at a joung fiancée,i try to create a atmosphere unforgettable,at list for the special occasion.
I hope others couples will imitate the event so i will get improve for better welcome the guests.
The barking-dog noise has been resolves,the property noise on opposite alley are more quite due the kids grows this it's the very heart felt of Casbah.
Hoping to have you for your Haney moon, Thanks.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed here at the end of January 2012 in a suite. The riad is charming, tranquil and really well located near the main sights. Mohammed went to out of his way to help make our stay really memorable, with recommendations for good local restaurants and even gave a lift to the airport to help locate some lost property.
It wasn't our first time in Marrakech but it was certainly the best, thanks mainly to Mohammed.

JV

Room Tip: Suite very spacious and worth the extra
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JeremyV593
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I want to thank our guest for the appreciation given to the staff and to our Riad,,hoping to mantain
always this kind of relations.