“Perfection!”

Ranked #32 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Saumur, France
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have just come back from a week in Marrakech at the Riad Maison Arabo Andalouse.
We chose the Riad on the strength of the reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed.
We arranged an airport transfer with GPaolo, which was great and Mohamed met us to show us the final walk to the Riad.
Despite being close to all the bustle, the Riad is in a very quiet street and once inside it is totally calm, and beautiful.
Mohamed is an absolute diamond. He was so helpful and knowledgeable, and nothing was too much trouble. Zahra and Fatima were also great, and made us feel completely at home.
We ate at the Riad one night, and it was the best meal we had in Marrakech. The Tagine of lamb, prunes and almonds was so fresh and tasty.
Our room, no. 7, was lovely - and we loved just lying in bed looking at the amazing structure of the ceiling.
The weather was not that kind to us, being wet and chilly especially at night, but the heating in the room and bathroom were completely adequate and we were never cold.
Although we didn't have much opportunity to use the roof terrace, the views of the storks and across the rooftops was stunning, and when the sun did appear it was a proper suntrap.
All the places we visited on Mohamed's recommendations were superb, and I would recommend the excursion to the Mountains and also the superb Hammam, not far from the Riad.
We were the only guests staying for the majority of the week, so we had the opportunity to view all the rooms, and they were all lovely - which ever room you get you won't be disappointed.
We will definitely return both to Marrakech, which we loved, and certainly to the Maison Arabo Andalouse.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J1HelenTW
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,thanks for yours enthusiastic comments and rewarding, but honestly perfection is always something we seek and hope to find. Can you image for a owner like me I'm witch pleasure to read from ours kind Guests so nice comments.
I taught my staff that the Riad must offer same atmosphere with 2 or 20 Guests that it's the only way to give at everybody the impression to be at home.
Choukrane Maa Salama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Maison Arabo Andalouse is a truly amazing place. Beautiful Riyad with very nice rooms, picturesque roof terrace, cooling pool and most importantly: Amazingly warm people that help you out in any circumstance. Very close to the center and still an oasis of calm with storks on the roof ( at least in winter I guess).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I think it's the Jung man who I have meet during the breakfasts on Restaurant-Room just in front a fire-box during the breakfast time,Very interested at the History of near by Baadi Palais,linked on past time with our Riad. Due the fact he working on show-biz organisation,we discuss for organise a Special Event on our Great-Terrase or on one of the Patios.
I hope will be possible to organise soon the feast.
Choukrane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent 3 nights in the riad and were warmly welcomed by Mohammed upon arrival into the small streets of the medina. We were shown our room (I think it was the number 3) and were offered mint tea just outside our room I'm front of the plunge pool. The building itself is gorgeous and I found the architecture stunning. The rooms were decorated in a Moroccan style with plenty of small lights that makes you feel very cosy in your room! Really liked the room
Mohammed was full of good tips and recommendations on where to eat, where to change money, the hammam, and he was always willing to help ( sometimes I think he was a bit stressed for us by our lack of planning and our change of minds ;)). He even went to sourced us some tea spots after we decided the last night of our trips that the mint tea was way too good to leave this great new addiction in Morocco. He's been very helpful all the way of our trip, from anything to getting us a cab, to walking us to the restaurant we wanted to go, he was willing to help.
Fatima and Zahara were also were welcoming and we had a chance to try their amazing cooking skills one night on the terrace. I can only urge you to book at least one meal at the riad, I promise you won't regret it! The food was an absolute delight, by far the best one we had in Marrakech and, from my perspective, the best Moroccan dish I had ever tried out! On top of the gorgeous food, you get to eat on the terrace which is something really special, you're surrounded by the big birds and hear the call to the prayers coming from all around the city while you enjoy your own private meal in a magical atmosphere.
Overall, it was a fantastic place to stay that felt a lot more than just a place to sleep. We felt very welcome and at home thanks to the special welcome of Mohammed, Fatima and Zahara! Thanks a lot for this special trip!

Room Tip: We were recommended the room that has the private terrace for the next trip. I think it's the ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Mohamed Zahra and Fatima they particularly what to thanks those guests for their kindness and appreciation of their job and for what they prepare for the terrace diner.
The staffs say they appreciate so much the big terrace with all Marrakesh sounds.
Many thanks for your generous explication of your stay with us.
Shukran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent seven nights in this lovely riad with my parents, which is very conveniently located. Before we arrived, the owner GPaolo was very helpful and responded to an urgent email I sent him within minutes in order to change our booking dates. GPaolo also very kindly agreed to give us complimentary dinner on our arrival date as well as free airport transfers. The lamb tagine and harira soup were one of the best we had on our trip and I would recommend eating at least once in the riad. GPaolo was not there on arrival but Mohammed, Fatima, Zahra and Rachida welcomed us like family from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much trouble. Mohammed was very friendly and always on hand to answer any questions or make any arrangements such as booking us into the local hamam called bains al hamraa which again was brilliant and very good value for money (500 dhms for 45 min hamam and 1hour massage). We were in suite 1 which had a large double bed and 2 single beds. On the plus side, it overlooks the dining room and hence was extremely quiet. The room was very clean but there are issues with the water draining in the shower and sink and no toiletries were provided apart from hand soap. However as this is an authentic traditional riad, my parents and I did not complain about this as we felt this is the price you pay for experiencing real morocco!one thing i did not understand is why the staff did not allow us to use the lounge in the riad until after GPaolo returned even though they knew we had no lounge in our room and it was far too cold to have our tea on the terrace. on the whole I would recommend this riad as a warm and friendly place to stay although this is not the place for you if you're looking for luxury.

Room Tip: Room 1does not have any view but was very good if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anar274
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Unfortunately another kind guest that do not take any information about a meaning of a Riad,they want a view in a traditional old Palais when everybody know that on the past was forbidden to look on the street almost for the women,also you can't have luxury if you spend less than a meal cost per night!!!!!!!
Thanks for the congratulations but for sure a suggest to get more informations when you select your place where to pass your vacations
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I spent an amazing four nights at this Riad and I dont think my holiday would have been nearly as good without this Riad and the amazing service of Mohammed and his colleagues. I felt welcome there within minutes of arrival and just relaxing in the room was great.

The Riad is absolutley beautiful, clean and the breakfast is great.

A day trip to the mountains was arranged and we were given directions and advice on what to do during the day. Am planning a return trip passing through Marrakech next year so I will be back!

I would thoroughly recommend this Riad.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I just meat this couple the day before they left the Riad,once again People who knos where they have to aspect for in a small Guest House where it's the warmer welcome of the staff and all the attentions paid to our guests make the difference:
Thanks next time I will share more time with you,enthusiastic persons make us the courage to preside
Shukran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We spent three wonderful nights at Maison Arabo Andalouse and really couldn't recommend it highly enough. Mohamed and his wonderful, thoughtful, friendly team simply couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome and at home. Their evening meals were delicious - and they very kindly let us eat on the roof terrace one evening - which was magical - but not for them, dragging the food up three flights of stairs. The building is wonderful and old - Fifteenth century Mohamed said - and it is directly behind the Baddi Palace and we were lucky enough to see the famous storks nesting just up above us. The rooms were all glorious and clearly the place is lovingly maintained and very well located. Overall - simply fantastic. Thanks to the whole team for a wonderful stay!
Chris & Colette

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
I do believe that my presence at the Riad is unnecessary as all the staff knows how receive guests with all their passion and professionalism '.
This is another confirmation of this couple which had fulfilled their wishes as to dine in the silence broken only by the calls of the storks on the large terrace.
Thank you dear guests for the recognition and appreciation of our efforts to give simply what you wish,and thanks to you my co-workers that even when there are not put into practice what I have taught you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at Riad Maison Arabo Andalouse and I can not recommend this riad highly enough. Even before we arrived, GPaolo was extremely helpful arranging a car to collect us from the airport.

The Riad is in a great location in the medina and only a 5-10 mins walk from the main square and other attractions.

The Riad itself is a beautiful building and our room was amazing with a private sunny terrace overlooking the courtyard. GPaolo kindly showed us round all the rooms and they were all lovely with real morrocan character. The room was also exceptionally clean.

One of the highlights of the stay was the traditional morrocan breakfast every day on the terrace although the staff are more than happy to cook eggs etc if required. The terrace is a great sun spot and is next to the ruins of the old palace which is now a nesting ground for storks.

From the moment we arrived 'til the moment we left the staff were fantastic and so helpful and nothing is too much - when they found out I hadn't managed to buy a bowl from the souks I was greeted that evening with a choice of 3 bowls which Mohammed had thoughtfully gone out to get me. GPaolo also gave us excelllent advice on what to do as we only had 2.5 days in Marrakech and Mohammed helpfully arranged restaurant, taxi and hammam bookings.

I would also recommend having a meal in the evening on the terrace - Fatima is an exceptional cook and it's really beautiful in the evening.

Marrakech is an amazing city and we are already planning our next trip back to Maison Arabo Andalouse early next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Another part of myself gone with those two guests,I was impressed how they was listening the Riad past and current day live.
So enthusiastic to discover the day market offered as fruits vegetable and all necessary for to cook a delight Morocco dish.
I appreciate a lot the fact they already booked for the next Spring to continue the history...............
Shukran,