WINNER WONDERLAND

Darhani
Ranked #246 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Oasis in the Medina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had a great stay at Darhani. It was my first trip to Marrakech and as a solo female traveller I was a little nervous about going to Morocco on my own but the staff at Darhani were so helpful and welcoming. Omar the Manager of the riad gave me lots of advice and organised a private guide on my first day in the city. And he personally directed me to places so I wouldn't get lost in the Medina. The service was excellent, the rooms were lovely and the location is fantastic - very close to all the main sights and some good modern Moroccan restaurants and bars. I had booked the Courtyard Room but was upgraded to the Walnut Room which made my stay even better. Darhani really was an oasis in the Medina.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the second level as the Courtyard Room is on the ground floor is closer to the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Darhani, Owner at Darhani, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
I am always delighted when guests emphasise the level of service we provide, upgrading to better rooms if available, and importantly providing a personalised service that you cannot get in larger hotels.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Our stay at the Darhani was one of the highlights of our stay in Marrakech. We were picked up from the airport and guided to the Riad. The location was perfect in the centre of the old Medina and the room was gorgeous. We relaxed and ate meals on the roof terrace and cooled down in the pool downstairs. The breakfast provided was delicious and their mint tea was so refreshing. Omar and Abdul welcomed us and made us feel like the Riad was our home. They gave us helpful advice on where to go and how to find our way around Marrakech. We felt extremely safe staying in this area despite being two girls travelling alone. Occasionally we would bump into Omar in the street and it felt like bumping into an old friend!

If we came back to Marrakech we definitely want to come back here perhaps even with our family! We just loved it!

Beau and Mary

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I just loved it. The Darhani has more character and charm than the web photos convey. Ten minutes walk from the wonderful frenzy of the Jamaal ef Naa (?) Square and you step into this wonderful oasis of calm. Breakfast by the pool or on the roof terrace. Roof terrace would have been very romantic in the evening had I been there with boyfriend not girlfriend! Relaxing and comfortable rooms. Marrakech fulfilled my dreams and I can't wait to return. Great shopping, Majorelle Gardens, amusing, friendly, lovely people. The Darhani staff are charming and I'd like to say a special thank you to Hannan for providing delicious and filling breakfasts and Fatima for making our rooms so lovely to return to each day. However amazing a place may be, it's the people who make it special, so thank you Fatima, Hannan, Abdul and Omar for making our visit to Marrakech such a fab experience. I hope to return soon with my family. Thanks Rosie

Room Tip: As 2 girls staying together, we were very happy in the twin room on first floor. Lovely bathroom wit...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed at the Darahni from 09/06 to 11/06 and and both me and my friend found it absolutely perfect. The Riad is really nice,built in typical moroccan style but modern and full of comfort: air conditioning in each room, bathrobes, and safe. The breakfast is big and we had it served on the roof terrace. There are plenty of rooms with sofas where you could relax after the sightseeing. Omar, the manager, has been really helpful arranging a taxi at our arrival and suggesting places to visit and what to do to get the best out of our short stay.I have been emailing him weeks before our trip asking many questions about the accomodation and the facilities offered and he always replayed promptly giving all the info required, when I met him it was like I had know him for ages:)
The location is really central and you can esily reach the north and south of the city equally.
Also very important: don't listen at who was saying before that is difficoult to get there or it is unsafe: THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! Since in the same street/ neighborough there are many riads, hotels, as soon as I was leaving the main street I was actually feeling safer and at night the lights were still on so no reason to be afraid at all.
I definitely raccomend this place and Marrakech, loved the morroccan people too always friendly and happy to help.

Claudia
London

Room Tip: I stayed in the double badroom ad it's just perfect.there is anything you need.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Beautiful place, very clean, lovely staff cater to your every need. Fantastic location in the centre of marrakech. We had the twin room and it was perfect, the room was kept to an impeccable standard. The plunge pool was great after coming back from the 40 degree heat, really refreshing. The breakfast was tasty and always filled us up for the day. The evening meal in the road we had was superb, definitely try it out. As a note; Make sure you get the map and familiarise yourself with the walk from the riad to Jem el fna (main square), once you've mastered that walk the raid is so easy to find, and also my girlfriend and I felt very safe even when we walked back at 2.30am in the morning. Ignore the one review that says otherwise.
Would most definitely return to this place and hope to see Omar and the ladies on our return. We also booked a trip through Omar to the atlas mountains and it was a great day out and very reasonably priced.
Additional; Would recommend cafe arabe on the way to the square, get on the rooftop for the wonderful night breeze.
Definitely visit the piano bar for a drink, was gorgeous.
La comptoir, just outside the old town wall is a great spot for drinks and belly dancing.
All in all would highly recommend this riad and Marrakech as a whole and when we go back I will be returning to Darhani...

Room Tip: We were in the twin room and the staff kindly pushed our beds together and there was plenty of room...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shaun L
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Wow!!!!
Such a lovely place to relax and unwind after a hectic day in the soukes.
The Darhani is great. We arrived early morning on a sunday and were greeted by Omar. He was ever so welcoming and on arrival we had Madeira cake and mint tea in the lounge downstairs. In the lounge they had a cd player and small library of books that included novels and travel books.
The rooms were amazing! We had a large room with a large terrecotta bathroom. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They would clean the room everyday which was nice. We would get back and my girlfriend would always find yesterdays t'shirts arranged on the bed to look like flowers :).
Breakfast is served everyday in a large room adjecent to the plunge pool downstairs.The choice of different pastries and breads were tremendous.(very filling)
I can not fault this place one bit and i would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Booked fairly last minute, the Darhani was a delight. The web photos don't really do it justice. I stayed with a friend for five days in the twin room. A true oasis/retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. The staff were all welcoming, accommodating and couldn't do enough for us. Lovely breakfasts and access to the kitchen fridge if we wanted to store cool drinks, milk etc. The room aircon was a blessing as was the lovely courtyard pool. The roof terrace has sunbeds, a dining table, a covered seating area plus there are straw hats to borrow for sun protection. Its a nice 10-15 mins walk into the main square but also well situated for a walk to the Majorelle Gardens (suggest get up early and walk while its cool as the gardens open 8am ..... you can catch a caleche/horse cab or taxi back).

Room Tip: There are only 4 bedrooms - all well appointed. Rooms are on the ground or 1st floor and ground flo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends