New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #246 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol United Kingdom
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is the first time we have been to Marrakech and we were not disappointed. The Darhani is known as "The House of Tranquility" and it really is. Omar, Abdul and the rest of the staff really looked after us during our stay - we wanted for nothing. Omar's breakfasts were amazing!!! It is set in an ideal location, close to the Medina. The rooms are clean, comfortable and decorated to a high specification. I would not hesitate in recommending Darhani to future travellers. In fact we are already planning our next trip back! Thank you for making our trip to Marrakech amazing and unforgettable. Jane and Andrea x

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Our stay @ Darhani Riad was wonderful! It is a beautiful Oasis in a magical city.

The riad is beautifully decorated, attention to every detail. Which is the same for the staff, attention to every detail, friendly, helpful and warm and welcoming.

I look forward to returning to this wonderful home away form home!!
Marinka

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely time in Marrakech and this was made even better by our stay at Darhani. The riad is situated in a great location in the old medina and yet it is a peaceful retreat to relax. Very homely, clean and comfortable with friendly reliable staff and fabulous terrace. I look forward to going back again! Adell

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I had a great stay at Darhani. It was my first trip to Marrakech and as a solo female traveller I was a little nervous about going to Morocco on my own but the staff at Darhani were so helpful and welcoming. Omar the Manager of the riad gave me lots of advice and organised a private guide on my first day in the city. And he personally directed me to places so I wouldn't get lost in the Medina. The service was excellent, the rooms were lovely and the location is fantastic - very close to all the main sights and some good modern Moroccan restaurants and bars. I had booked the Courtyard Room but was upgraded to the Walnut Room which made my stay even better. Darhani really was an oasis in the Medina.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the second level as the Courtyard Room is on the ground floor is closer to the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Darhani, Owner at Darhani, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
I am always delighted when guests emphasise the level of service we provide, upgrading to better rooms if available, and importantly providing a personalised service that you cannot get in larger hotels.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Our stay at the Darhani was one of the highlights of our stay in Marrakech. We were picked up from the airport and guided to the Riad. The location was perfect in the centre of the old Medina and the room was gorgeous. We relaxed and ate meals on the roof terrace and cooled down in the pool downstairs. The breakfast provided was delicious and their mint tea was so refreshing. Omar and Abdul welcomed us and made us feel like the Riad was our home. They gave us helpful advice on where to go and how to find our way around Marrakech. We felt extremely safe staying in this area despite being two girls travelling alone. Occasionally we would bump into Omar in the street and it felt like bumping into an old friend!

If we came back to Marrakech we definitely want to come back here perhaps even with our family! We just loved it!

Beau and Mary

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I just loved it. The Darhani has more character and charm than the web photos convey. Ten minutes walk from the wonderful frenzy of the Jamaal ef Naa (?) Square and you step into this wonderful oasis of calm. Breakfast by the pool or on the roof terrace. Roof terrace would have been very romantic in the evening had I been there with boyfriend not girlfriend! Relaxing and comfortable rooms. Marrakech fulfilled my dreams and I can't wait to return. Great shopping, Majorelle Gardens, amusing, friendly, lovely people. The Darhani staff are charming and I'd like to say a special thank you to Hannan for providing delicious and filling breakfasts and Fatima for making our rooms so lovely to return to each day. However amazing a place may be, it's the people who make it special, so thank you Fatima, Hannan, Abdul and Omar for making our visit to Marrakech such a fab experience. I hope to return soon with my family. Thanks Rosie

Room Tip: As 2 girls staying together, we were very happy in the twin room on first floor. Lovely bathroom wit...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed at the Darahni from 09/06 to 11/06 and and both me and my friend found it absolutely perfect. The Riad is really nice,built in typical moroccan style but modern and full of comfort: air conditioning in each room, bathrobes, and safe. The breakfast is big and we had it served on the roof terrace. There are plenty of rooms with sofas where you could relax after the sightseeing. Omar, the manager, has been really helpful arranging a taxi at our arrival and suggesting places to visit and what to do to get the best out of our short stay.I have been emailing him weeks before our trip asking many questions about the accomodation and the facilities offered and he always replayed promptly giving all the info required, when I met him it was like I had know him for ages:)
The location is really central and you can esily reach the north and south of the city equally.
Also very important: don't listen at who was saying before that is difficoult to get there or it is unsafe: THAT IS NOT TRUE!!! Since in the same street/ neighborough there are many riads, hotels, as soon as I was leaving the main street I was actually feeling safer and at night the lights were still on so no reason to be afraid at all.
I definitely raccomend this place and Marrakech, loved the morroccan people too always friendly and happy to help.

Claudia
London

Room Tip: I stayed in the double badroom ad it's just perfect.there is anything you need.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends