Riad Karmela
Dar Assiya(Marrakech)
Riad Tzarra(Marrakech)
Riad Meriem(Marrakech)
1,387 results
All reviewsmint tearoof terraceorange treesatlas mountainsan oasisthe hustle and bustlethe main squarebusy medinavisit marrakechplunge poolnarrow streetsjunior suitespa treatmentsbreakfast and dinnertagineairport transferpeaceful haven
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Riad Karmela is a haven in a busy, hectic and sometimes overwhelming city. You leave the bustling city streets through a small door and step into a spa like environment. The courtyard is beautiful and a great place to relax with a book, friends, or tea. There is a waterfall in the courtyard, along with live orange trees, and turtles (so fun to watch). The roof top area has several different levels and semi-private seating areas to relax and enjoy the view of the city rooftops and stars. The riad feels very secure inside (with main door opening only from the inside by the front desk people (knock or door bell). They have a traditional Hammam and a masseuse (one male and one female). The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. They arranged a walking guided tour of the city for our group (five couples traveling together). They also recommended places to eat, and were helpful with directions. Additionally, they arranged a taxi to the airport for our group and served (included) breakfast early before our flight. The rooms were spacious and relaxing. The only reason I didn't rate sleep quality higher, is that our room's glassless windows over looked the courtyard and one night there were people downstairs visiting a bit more loudly than I would have liked while trying to sleep, that same night we were woken up very early by the very enthusiastic birds enjoying the orange trees (tweeting and so on). However, the birds were enjoyable, and not so loud that we couldn't roll over an go back to sleep. One night when the rain caused us to come in early, our group was able to enjoy tea, drinks, snacks and while playing a game provided by the hotel in one of the sitting areas (we played Uno). Inside the Riad, you don't hear hardly a sound from the busy city... a true escape to relax in!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 11 March 2011

We stayed four days in Ryad Karmela and appreciated a lot the wellcoming of the staff, from the taxi-driver dedicated to the Riad to the owners of the hotel. We were very well adviced for the sightseeing. The room (for three) was very clean and comfortable. The breakfasts and cooking were very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2011

An oasis of peace and quiet in stark contrast to the dust and bussle of the centre of a busy city, The riad is decorated luxuriously with local artefacts. The rooms are clean and there is a supply of aromatic shampoo and shower soap. The whole is divided into small sections and alcoves for private dining or just sitting and relaxing. Similarly, the roof has many private spaces for peaceful contemplation or simple sun worshipping. The staff are friendly, accessible and always helpful.

The food is plentiful and tastie, and there are very good restaurants close by if you can find them in the maze of alleyways.

If you have time take a visit to the Atlas Mountains, where you can walk and have a very good lunch with a local family.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

WOW! Second visit to Marrakech and could not have been happier with my stay in Joel's fabulous Riad. My partner and I received incredible hospitatlity and were left to our privacy. This was a very memorable journey to me and the nights in Karmela could not have been better. The massage and hammam were well worth the extras. Cannot wait to be back. Thanks to Joel and his wonderful staff.
N

Reviewed 25 February 2011

I just came back from an amazingly romantic valentines week with my partner at Riad Karmela. My first surprise was when I walked into my room and found rose petals everywhere and a bottle of champagne. Joel, Said, Carmel and Assis were the best host sI have ever had, with a genuine intention to be hospitable not to follow a protocol like in most luxury hotels. They put us in the smaller Riad which made us feel like we were staying at our own private palace. The food there is also amazing, and the hammam fabulous... I consider Riad Karmela my home in Marrakech, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Renato Zamagna & Nathan Thomas