“Fabulous Stay - Definately Recommend!!!”
Review of Dar Charkia

Dar Charkia
Ranked #35 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I went to Marrakech with 10 girlfriends for my hen weekend and we had a fabulous time. The Riad is beautiful, clean and spacious. Michael and Lisa are great hosts, very friendly and helpful. They made us feel welcome and helped us with all our activites and bookings.

Great choice!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 February 2010

My boyfriend and I topped and tailed our 10 day trip to Morocco with a wonderful stay in Marrakech at Dar Charkia. I really can’t recommend this riad enough! Michael and Lisa were wonderful hosts and were full of useful information and tips to help us make the most of our stay. Dar Charkia is perfectly located and within easy walking distance to the main square and the souks. All the other reviews are spot on – Dar Charkia is a beautiful oasis of calm, has wonderful staff and is incredibly good value. Part of me wants to keep it a secret but gems like this can’t be hidden!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We had such a fantastic time in Morocco and much of that was due to the great stay in Dar Charkia, the wonderful staff, amazing rooms and delicious food.

Well done on creating such a lovely sanctuary in Marrakesh. The staff you just so lovely and helpful. The rooms just bliss. The food a highlight. Breakfast is amazing!

I would recommend this riad very highly and make sure you go onto the roof and lie in the sun and eat dinner there.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We didn't know what to expect on this our first visit to Marrakech.The door of the riad was opened to reveal a most beautiful and colourful interior which was to be our haven for the next 5 days. Taking breakfast by the poolside was a delight each morning. We could not fault the accommodation and the service provided by the lovely staff. The owners Michael and Lisa went out of their way to give us good local information and recommendations. One of these was a day trip to the Atlas Mountains - not to be missed!.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I decided to read a few of the reviews before I wrote mine. I believe that I can save you and me some time by saying that I could "ditto" everything that has been said and not refute a single word. We were there over New Year's and had a wonderful fun filled evening. The decor was "modern Morocco" which we loved; and the food was outstanding as was the service. Initial payment can be a little bit of a problem-transferring money to the UK, but I would not let that stop me. The price is somewhat higher than some of the other ryads in Marrakesh and other cities where we stayed. Really great place, owners and staff.

I

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2010

What better place to escape this month's snow and chill than in the heart of Marrakech where the weather changed as we arrived and became unexpectedly hot. A girlfriend and I had decided to take a long weekend break to recharge the batteries after the Christmas and New Year activities, to try and catch some sun and visit a place guaranteed to be entirely different to the UK. Marrakech delivered all that. Arriving at Dar Charkia we were given a warm welcome by the staff who throughout our stay couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. To get the best out of your stay you really do need as much information on the city as possible to avoid getting lost if nothing else and we certainly got all that from everyone at Dar Charkia. Very clean and beautifully furnished it became a haven of calm and relaxation for us after the bustle and noise of the outside world. We had a our first evening meal there which I would recommend as we were tired and it gave us a chance to settle in and make plans for the following days. The food throughout our stay was plentiful and delicious. We particularly enjoyed our breakfasts on the roof terrace seated on comfortable settees and cushions feeling the initial warmth of the sun. We would both highly recommend Dar Charkia to our friends and family as it delivered everything we were looking for on a relatively short break and provided a perfect setting in a city which we really enjoyed exploring in a welcome climate where we could escape the snow.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2010

This place truly is a paradise, a hidden gem away from the craziness of the souks. Going through the heavy wooden door takes you into another world. Its calm, peaceful, personal and you feel that you are in another world. Lisa and Michael make you feel so much at ease and offer lots of hints and tips on what to do for a holiday. They both love this place and it shows in the care and enthusiasm that they have. We went on one of the days trips suggested and both of us were not disappointed. There are many comments here on how the Riad is decorated and the attention to detail and they are true! I fell in love with the place the minute I walked through the door and if I could have fitted it in my suitcase then I would be in a lot of trouble. The rooftop breakfast is one of the best I have had and I came back from my weekend much more relaxed than I imagined possible. I felt like a friend rather than a guest. The staff are a credit to Lisa and Michael and nothing was too much trouble. The friend I went with had been before and loved it - I can see why! I will be returning and have no problem in recommending - Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends