“Nothing is too much”

Ranked #113 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Northwood, UK
“Nothing is too much”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Based on other favourable Trip Adviser reviews we booked this Riad for 5 nights at the end of October. We were met at the airport and taken to the Riad. Just as well as it would be nearly impossible to find otherwise, being in the Medina down a number of long alleyways until you come to the enormous black door.

The interior of the Riad is peaceful and beautifully restored. What makes this Riad so special is the service. Nothing is too much whether it is a booking of a restaurant or a taxi to the restaurant, breakfast or dinner whereever in the Riad you wish to take it. Breakfast on the roof terrace under the morning sun is superb with freshly baked bread, fresh juice, preserves, eggs, great coffee and tea.

Rooms are immaculately maintained with an evening turn down service - rare even for many 5 star hotels. Bathroom for our room was spacious with excellent toiletries, and copious hot water for the shower. Superb soft towels, dressing gowns and slippers to follow.

Fresh fruit, nuts, dates etc and water replenished at least once a day.

All of the staff are so welcoming, not in that 5 star fawning way, but with a genuine desire to please and offer the best they can. From Abdess the manager, to Mustaffa who drove us everywhere and showed us places I suspect most tourists will never see, service was excellent.

Once out of the alley ways and onto the narrow streets of the Medina, you are right in the middle of Medina life. A 20 minutes walk takes you to the big square and about the same time into the Souks, so it is well located.

We visited the 5 star Mamounia Hotel where Churchill stayed. Although Impressive for a hotel, especially its gardens, and having stayed in many great 5 star hotels around the world, we preferred Riad El Mansour by a long way.

If you book some time here I very much doubt you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Orange room is spacious and the largest and most expensive. Green room has a fireplace making it a l...
2 Thank spokeyp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2011

What can I say that has already not been said? Stayed here for two nights in October (would have been longer but it was fully booked). This is an absolutely beautiful and authentic riad. My first time in Marrakech and. I was a bit apprehensive walking down the red walled alley towards the riad. But when I stepped inside the riad it takes you breath away. We were upgraded to a suite which was gorgeous. So many thoughtful touches - fruit, slippers, dressing gowns, lovely oils for your skin etc. It was a real treat and nothing is too much for the staff - they are so attentive and go out of their way to make your holiday really special and always with a smile. Lovely breakfast too. If you want to stay somewhere beautiful, peaceful, with staff that are fantastic look no further. Riad El Mansour is a real treat for the eyes and the soul.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MissBobbles01
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Riad El Mansour is a very relaxing riad in the medina area. Its hard to believe that you can take one step inside and feel instantally relaxed after the hubbub of the medina. The service was excellent and staff were very attentive. Their recommendations for trips, places to visit and restaurants were spot on. I would definately recommend this riad as a place to stay if you were looking to stay in this part of the city. The three best things in my opinion were 1, breakfast on the terrace 2, the shower and 3, the hotels driver and taxi service.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brigc_11
vancouver
Reviewed 21 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in this beautiful riad in September and absolutely loved it. We arrived one day late due to a flight delay and they did not charge us for the missed night.
The breakfast was very good and service overall was fantastic.
The room was comfortable and quiet and the internet access downstairs was convenient. After an exhausting day of exploring the medina, sitting on the rooftop sipping moroccan tea and smoking shisha is just perfect.
I highly recommend this riad!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canuckfromvancity
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

When I tasked my bridesmaids with the job of finding somewhere stylish, hot, exclusive and fun to take 14 girls for my hen party, never in my wildest dreams did I think they would find a place that had this in abundance.

However after arriving in Marrakech and being met at the airport by the staff from Riad El Mansour, I knew immediately that we were going to have a great time.

For the first time ever, the Riad allowed exclusive hire of the entire property for us to enjoy for 3 nights and the staff could not have been more welcoming and accommodating.

From the small touches in the rooms such as fresh fruit, bottled water, slippers, dressing gowns and twice daily room service, to the gorgeous food, fun atmosphere and helpfulness as we looked to explore Marrakech - it was brilliant.

I know that there was numerous communication in the lead up to the trip between the staff and my bridesmaids - asking for help and recommendations and the guys: Abdess, Wadi, Nadia and all the other staff, were absolutely amazing.

They helped to arrange a traditional Moroccan band, belly dancers and transport for every step of our trip.

On our first night we were also treated to a Moroccan banquet - the menu was what they usually serve on New Years Eve - and it was amazing!

I'm not sure when or even if the staff ever went to sleep as throughout our whole stay they were there for us at whatever hour, providing food, drinks, moving furniture to accommodate us all etc - they literally couldn't have done any more.

Riad El Mansour was the perfect place to celebrate my hen weekend and I hope to be able to return either with the girls or on a romantic break as it offers the best of both worlds.

And if you're looking for a great location, good weather, knowledgable and pleasant staff, and some Moroccan fun for your own hen weekend then I can't recommend the Riad enough - it was perfect: stylish and fun!

Thank you to all the staff...we'll be back soon!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Suite whilst I was there but I have to say that all of the rooms are beautiful in th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lisa198130
Southampton
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We looked into a number of places to stay in Marrakech for a four night stay and after feeling slightly overwhelmed by all that choice we finally settled on this Riad. From the moment we walked in we were given a royal welcome and throughout our stay the service was excellent. The rooms are lovely - authentic and relaxed with a touch of luxury. The staff (Abdess, Wadi, Nadia and Lahifa) are amazing. Every request is met with a friendly smile and they are keen to make sure that you see the best of the city. They'll provide local maps, give clear directions and arrange a good, local guide too (excellent value for money as it allowed us to see and learn about parts of the city and sights that don't feature in the guidebooks). We also took a taxi up to the Atlas mountains, again arranged through the Riad, which was excellent.
Overall El Mansour is an amazing place to stay and we would highly recommend.
Tip: we booked through a tour operator but would book directly with the Riad next time as it saves money and they'll provide airport transfers anyway.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 which is lovely with Air Con and a great shower - much needed after a day spent...
1 Thank Paul S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Spent a few days recently. We booked this riad on a friend’s past recommendation.. The riad staff met us at the airport which was in this case was very nice as our plane was unexpectedly three hours late arriving after midnight. We had pre ordered dinner for this night, but obviously arriving so late we did not want it so the staff kindly told us that it would not be a problem. They will make us something fresh the next night (no additional charge). I would guess that some lucky staff ended up with our dinner. I do not know if the following night dinner was delicious because of the actual cook or because of our anticipation of it. I would like to think it was the former, but nevertheless it was very good. Thankfully by sleeping in, we by dint had a late breakfast and no lunch. Dinner, as delicious as it was, was far too much to have eaten had we also had lunch. Advice, if dinning at the riad, eat sparingly during the day because portions are enormous. Our room was small and complete with chandeliers. Extra large bathroom, they should have made the bathroom smaller and have a larger room, but tally ho, it is what it is. The riad was immaculately clean. The staff bent over backwards to help and were all very friendly with ever present smiles. A recommendation pasted on to you.

1 Thank shirley H