“a must”

Ranked #104 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Sitges, Spain
“a must”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stayed here for 4 days after much deliberation and pouring over tripadvisor.
Delighted to say it was a good choice.
Things that perhaps set this apart from the norm of other places is the care off the staff, they seemed genuinely eager to please.
There was a gift for us on arrival with map, a nice touch.
The artwork by local artists was amazing, along with the stunning beauty of this riad.
Set back away from the maelstrom of the mayhem on the streets outside of this amazing town.
You step inside Riad El Mansour and feel relaxed!
A beautiful surrounding. The sun area on the roof was amazing, even in December we were soaking up the sun and eating a wonderful lunch.
Such good value and by far the best food we ate in Marrakech was eaten at the hotel.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank daivd h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Located down some local alleys parked with locals, dogs, fish market etc and not well lit. Breakfast is well serviced but the lady serving had limited English vocabulary. When she serve us better for our bread, it had hair two days in a row! The pool did not seem hygienic and had leaves. Room AC was not powerful enough. Hotel had good service from its staff.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Vnehru
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

looking for something special and wanted unique therefore a Riad was important. Plenty of choice and spent allot of time deciding but finaly chose El Mansour. To be frank they put up with all my questions and dealt with my emails with great style. Picked up at the airport and then once the door was opened I knew all was well and this was going to be very / very special.
> Fab staff for sure
> Lovely and unique interior
> Amazing bedroom
> Loved it
I am picky and in respect to my booking could have lost out as they are busy and at key times twice booked up. So my advice it to give this one a go - but don't believe me and email them and stress test how good the El Mansour surely is !!

Room Tip: A real gem and do contact them and don't take too long to decide I nearly lost out on my prefere...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas E
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I recently stayed at Riad El Mansour with my sister and we were very happy with our choice. The riad, and rooms, are beautifully decorated. Our room was cleaned twice a day and and furnished with fresh fruit and nuts. The calm breakfast in the courtyard of the riad was a real treat as was the dinner we had there. The staff was also excellent, which I think this is one of the key features of this riad. There was always someone pleasant to welcome us in the morning and when we returned in the evening. When we first arrived we were given a map and explained a little bit where we could visit and how to get there which was very helpful. They even organized a nice surprise for my sisters birthday.
All in all, I would sincerely recommend this riad when visiting Marrakech.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SHarbers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My girlfriend and I booked our stay in Marrakech with Riad El Mansour, and it was perfect!
We booked for 4 nights and we were upgraded to a lovely room on the ground floor.
We arrived early but our room was all ready for us with fresh flowers and fruits and Morrocan pastries! Such a lovely welcome.
The hotel itself is a peaceful and calm sanctuary away from all the madness outside!
It has only 5 bedrooms, and because of this the service is brilliant, you are a 'friend' rather than a number.
We were told to treat the hotel as our home, and it really did feel like home, but without the washing up and laundry!!
Unfortunately it rained for 2 out of our 4 days there, but thankfully they have an electric roof, and it sheltered us in the patio, so we still managed to use the jaccuzi and sip our orange juice.
On the sunny days after the madness of the souks we sat on the lovely peacefull sun terrace.
As everyone does mention, it really is the service with a smile and nothing is too much trouble that sets this place apart from the so many hotels out there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maggy T
montreal
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Incomparable. The only word that I could use which would adequately explain the feelings we had during our return visit.
We had been to the Riad several years ago and had wanted to go back for some time. Given that it was so far away from home, we took the opportunity of having a wedding in Spain to return.

We were there mid week in early October. The hotel was even more amazing than I remember. More experienced, more professional. Every need or request we had was met with a smile, and the staff was anxious to be of service. Abdess, the manager in particular.
The service was exceptionally noteworthy as was the value. As past guests, we were offered a returning guest discount, which is always appreciated. Furthermore, which was REALLY great, given that we recently married, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a more spacious room. A discount AND upgrade. How nice is that!!
About the hotel. It’s simply exquisite. Pictures do not do it justice. The calm, serene atmosphere is enhanced by beautiful, original artwork, created, I believe by Moroccan artists. The local flavour of the region adorns all aspects of the hotel, but done with excellent taste in a luxurious surrounding.
Food was superb, especially given that I am a picky eater. We loved the roof-top dining, which offered a beautiful candle-lit surrounding and STUNNING mountain views. My (brand new) husband really enjoyed the Turkish bath, which he corrected me regaularly was called a hamman... he also enjoyed the compimentary fresh (and dried) fruit offered to us every day. Whereas, I enjoyed the flowers. (Note to brand new Husbands all over: Wives love flowers.

Great thanks to Abdess and Mustapha, the hotel’s driver. We well definitely see you again and hopefully soon!

Room Tip: let the staff know that you may be celebrating an occasion. if they can, they seem to be willing to...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ellenanthony
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Wadi could not be more helpful. A little Oasis. Highly recommend a stay here. They will collect you from the airport if organised. Best place we stayed in Morocco

Room Tip: Organise a guide. There is a fee, but it is well worth it. Moustaffa was terrific & took us on a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends