This is our third visit to Marrakech and always stayed in a western style hotel on the outskirts of the city. The Riad El Mansour is a first experience of Moroccan accommodation and hospitality and the realisation of what we've been missing.
We arrived very late in the evening after being taken to the wrong address by the taxi company. Nothing to do with El Mansour who would have provided a taxi service had we not already booked in advance. Not a good start but once we entered the Riad into "another world" all was forgotten. The staff members couldn't do enough to ensure we enjoyed our stay and special thanks go to Wadi, Abdess and Mustafa. Abdess gave us ideas of where and what to do in Marrakech with marked up map. It's about 15 minute walk to the Jma Fnaa Square if you take the route through the Souks which is much more interesting but watch out for crazy motor cycle riders. We met Mustafa (who else?) an official government guide in Foucault Square who believe it or not gave us a free tour of the old town's alley ways and hidden gems. We did end up at a carpet shop but no commitment was expected and no hassle given.
A word of warning - be aware of the height of Riad doors. I will have the head scars for some time to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 6 bedroom hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Prestigia and Booking.com so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech