“EXCELLENT”
Review of Riad El Mansour

Riad El Mansour
Ranked #138 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We spent 3 nights at Riad El Mansour and all was excellent: riad, room, service, food.
Abdess, Wadi and the rest of the staff were very helpulf and kind.
The location is 10 minutes from the square and it is very safe.
We suggest Riad El Mansour and we hope to come back!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanemr

Reviewed 20 March 2010

My wife and I stayed at this lovely riad what we thought was to be a 4 day holiday, as it turned out it was such for my wife, but not for me as I unexpectedly had to work for 1 ½ of these days. Although riads we thought were not equipped for business travellers, Riad El Mansour proved we were wrong. There was WIFI throughout and as I also required numerous documents printed, the manager proved me with a printer for my own use and also provided me with a staff member who was able to assist me in the various tasks I was able to assign to her.
For 2 of the days we were in Marrakech, while I worked, my wife enjoyed the complimentary massage and of course shopping in the souks. We ate at the riad and found the food very good indeed. Lunch and dinner were both plentiful and delicious. Because of the necessity of work requiring me to have additional space, the manager Abdess, moved us to a larger room with space. We were originally staying in Room 5 which was a small room on the first floor, not as spacious as Room 1 which was the room we were moved to. Room 1 is on the ground floor, very accessible to the office i.e. fax and outside patio
Highly commendable to the staff that helped under the circumstances to make our trip the intended holiday it was supposed to be. Much thanks for a job very well done

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rosemiller
Reviewed 5 March 2010

We picked this hotel for our six-night stay in Marrakech because of all of the favorable reviews we had seen and we were not disappointed. Although the rooms are fairly small, we found this hotel to be a delightful place to stay. My wife and I are world travelers, and never have we experienced a better hotel. The hotel staff was superb -- they could not do enough for us. They prepared delicious meals for us any time we wanted them -- including breakfast at 0300 on our last day there (because of an early departure from Marrakech airport.) Their driver picked us up at the airport, and he took us anywhere we wanted to go.

James Young
Arizona

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jimmy025
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Myself and my partner went to Marakech for a long weekend, and were a little bit worried about being able to find our way around, organise to see everything we wanted to see, and organise bookings for all of these, and the Riad El Mansour staff helped us with whatever we needed.

I had merely seen a few things on the internet, emailed the riad before a few days before i arrived, and the staff organised the rest for me.

When we arrived, we were met at the airport by a driver arranged by the riad, and once arriving at the riad, the staff let us settle in, gave refreshments, and then when we were ready they covered all the core points of the city, and then let us get on with it!

The rooms were and the riad as a whole were very clean and comfortable, and any refreshments provided were very good.

Unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy the spa side of the riad, but we were given a tour and it looked good.

Definitely the place i will be staying at on my return visit!

1  Thank fraser84
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We have just returned from a fantastic trip to Marrakech which surpased our expectations all round (even with the rain). The hustle and bustle of the souks, night markets and such friendly people. The real highlight was our stay at Riad El Mansour which has the best customer service we have ever had and so attentive. It is also such value for money with transfers to and from the airport included and great breakfasts that left us so full we didn't need lunch. It was my Partner's 40th and they arranged some lovely suprises for us with a suprise upgrade to the Suite, complimentary wine and massage and recommended a great dinner venue at Le Tobsil. Abdess, Wadi, Nadia, Fatima and the rest of the team were so friendly, helpful and made us feel very at home. We will definately be back!

1  Thank Steenb0k
Reviewed 23 February 2010

...and you need to remember this. It is odd to see mobile 'phones and computers alongside donkeys! One of our party was very sick and the Staff at the hotel did help.The hotel is down a series of dark alley ways, full of puddles and unpleasant things. Do be wary!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Inspector1
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We were picked up at the train station and transferred to the Riad which is included in the service.

The Riad itself is very nice, most Riad's tend to have the same layout, very nice furnishings and our room was a nice surprise. The service is the best I have ever encountered . The entire staff are wonderful, always on hand but never intrusive. The food is also very nice, the best we had during our 6 night stay in Marakech. There is also free wifi, a small fitness centre and a nice breakfast every morning to name a few.

Value for money I am not to sure especially compared to other establishments I have stayed in for the same price and actually less. However I understand it is very competitive with the other Riads in a generally expensive city.

Also the location is not the best, it is around a 15-20min walk to the main square although very close to the new town. There were some works going on while we were there so had to go through a short maze to get to the Riad, there are arrows which the Riad have kindly put up.

The Riad is beautiful, hard to be disappointed, service fantastic, they really do go the extra mile, location not the greatest and a tad pricey for where it is.

1  Thank Perhentians