“Amazing, wonderful, fantastic etc!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Riad El Mansour

Riad El Mansour
Ranked #98 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing, wonderful, fantastic etc!”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I visited the beautiful Riad el Mansour with 2 girl friends last month. It was the first time in Marrakech for all three of us. Our wonderful break started with a warm welcome from Abdess, the hotel manager. Abdess was kind, sincere and having lived in Marrakech all his life is very knowledgable of the city and its many delights.

We all stayed in room one which was unlike any other room I had ever stayed in, the attention to detail was superb with fresh fruit, flowers and best of all a small gift for each of us.

The hotel itself was beautiful with great views and beautiful art work and decor. All the staff were so very friendly and ready to help out at any hour. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We got Married in May of this year, and came here for our honeymoon finding this Riad in a German Spa Magazine, and were looking forward to a few spa treatments.
I had an ordinary massage,, relaxing, and my wife had two types, a reaxing one and a special Royal massage consisting of various oils and such.
She was very happy with both, but really enjoyed the pampering of the Royal one. We also tried the typical Moroccan hammam, but we found it not to our liking, a bit too hot for us.
The accomdation is very nice, clean and although not spacious, the quaintness of the riad and the friendliness of the staff made us feel like it was a private residence.
Dinner on the terrace consisted of far too much food, delicious as it was, so we were very happy to use their gym to work off the extra kilos.
We reccomend this riad for all its charm and beauty.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dusseldorfduo
London
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Riad El Mansour for 3 nights in the suite during the beginning of July. Initially, I couldn't decide on where to stay in Marrakech but finally opted for the 'real' Marrakech in the Medina rather than some plush 5* hotel outside the centre. We have stayed in some of the best hotels all around the world and this riad has superceded a number of them.
The best thing about the El Mansour is the staff. They were so friendly, attentive and helpful - nothing was too much for them. A special mention to Wadi, Abdess and Nadia for their dedication and passion in what they do - they are a true asset to the riad.
My partner and I had a romantic dinner on the rooftop the first evening we were there. The food was superb - albeit there was far too much for both of us despite hardly eating all day. Only fresh ingredients were used and I was impressed with the 'whole' chicken tagine with lemon and olives (and so was the resident cat).
Unfortunately, due to a hectic itinerary with early starts and excursions lasting hours, I didn't get to do any spa treatments and sample the lovely breakfasts fully. The spa treatments sound amazing and affordable. I really regret not having a relaxing massage and hammam during my stay.
It is a shame that the Morrocan government closed off the shorter route to the main road as I felt a little intimidated by the numerous mopeds whizzing around the alleyways as we were making our way to and from the riad. However, it was fascinating listening to and watching the locals going about their daily lives. It took us less than 15 minutes walk to get to the Souks and a further 5 minutes to get to Jemaa El Fna.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pikachu72
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We wanted to get away for a short break, far away form NAMA and the doom and gloom. We choose Marrakech as I wanted to top up our tan, The hotel was grand and the home cooked food was brilliant. The staff were very friendly and I can't wait to go back again! Next time I am bringing my friends for a surprise birthday.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My girlfriend and I decided to travel to Marrakech for the weekend, we found this riad at the last minute on Trip Advisor. This was by far one of the most memorable experiences of my life, and I attribute much of this to Riad El Mansour. Not only was our room excellent, but the staff went above and beyond to make sure we experienced everything this city had to offer. If this is your first time travelling to Marrakech please take my advice and stay at this Riad, you will not be disappointed, and I don't know if you will find a better value.

Andrew - Miami, FL

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I can not say any more than what has already been said.

The service is excellent, both efficient and very very friendly. The team make a point of coming up to you and saying hello !

The rooms are just wonderfull (we were in room 2) rose pettles around the sink, fresh flowers, fruit, water, spotlessly clean.

The communal areas were well laid out and made for a relaxing few hours if you did not want to wander out into the chaos that is marakesh !! It is so peaceful in the riad that you could be on a dessert island, no road noise, just the sound of birds tweeting.

Food and hamman were to die for. Being scrubbed clean by a lady I had only just met was an experience in itself !

We can honestly say, it is a perfect place to say. Well done to all the team, you are a credit to the riad and your wonderful country.

• Stayed June 2010
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2010

This was place was amazing and the only thing better than the Riad was the staff working there. They did everything possible to make sure we had a great time. Mustapha, our hotel guide, was amazing and ensured we got to know this very special city. The Riad and its staff made our trip to Marrakech magical. Simply great.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends