“Lovely stay”

Ranked #136 of 1,132 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London UK
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed at Riad Assouel with my two daughters for three nights. Although this Riad is pretty small compared to others that I have stayed in, it is clean, serves a lovely breakfast and the staff are very helpful and friendly. We had a lovely hammam and massage and enjoyed a fantastic day trip to the Atlas Mountains which the staff were happy to organise for us. The only problem that we encountered was trying to find our way back in the evenings ! Would definitely recommend Riad Assouel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bets56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Riad Assouel. Such a lovely Riad, beautiful decor, in a fantastic location. The team of staff were so helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for you and they always had a smile. The food was lovely - breakfast was delicious and we also had lunch which was yummy, with a good selection of wine. The rooms were all clean with lovely crisp white bed linen. I had a massage which was divine - really recommend fitting in a treatment if you can. We were a group of 5 women and each night when we went out we were escorted to our taxi and then when we arrived back later in the evening we were greeted by a member of staff who walked us back to the Riad - very thoughtful gesture. We had a day trip to the Atlas Mountains, visited Kasbah du Toubkal, with a short mule trek - amazing scenery and definitely recommend a trip to this area. The Majorelle Gardens and the Berber Museum were also lovely and worth a visit - really nice little cafe for an afternoon cuppa. I have no hesitation in recommending Riad Assouel - a beautiful and tranquil place. A big thank you to All of the team there for making our stay so fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NLP1
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend, my daughter and I spent 3 days at Riad Assouel. We chose this hotel because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. We were a little apprehensive when our taxi driver (organised by the hotel) brought us to a small, hectic square and then took us off down some ever narrowing alleyways. Once we stepped inside though, the staff did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. The location relative to the sights of Marrakech is perfect. The food is very good. The staff will arrange trips for you if you want. There was a great spa facility and we enjoyed the Hammam scrub and full massage. The terrace is great for relaxing on and swimming in the pool is encouraged.

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms so quite exclusive. The Ourika room that we stayed in had two windows looking...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Roscommon, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Riad Assouel is really beautiful property -an oasis of calm in the middle of Marrakech! The staff were wonderful - so obliging, they couldn't have been more helpful. A driver was provided to bring us anywhere we wanted to go. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NichartaighK
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon. I was a little apprehensive as we were guided through the hectic back streets of Marrakech's medina, but stepping inside Riad Assouel you instantly feel relaxed and at ease. It's a beautifully decorated, clean, peaceful and calm environment and the rooms are fantastic - spacious and well-designed. The staff were very helpful and the food was delicious. Just be aware that as it's not a 'restaurant' in the true sense of the word, you have to give half a day's notice if you want to eat there in the evening. But I would definitely recommend doing so - it's amazing!

We loved our stay at Riad Assouel and would thoroughly recommend it if you're visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave C
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

hello Coralie,

sorry for taking so long to answer you back , but it was very busy for me since we have arrived from holidays!
thanks so much for your nice words, we did enjoy very much "votre accueil "!
your riad made us feel very well and in Marrakech!
food was excelent and breakfast we loved the moroccan pancakes!
of course we will recommend Riad Assouel to everyone, as it was before by my sister!

say thanks to all that work with you, everyone was very kind!!
'till we meet again!

bonjour, merci!!! =)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara C
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

my friend and I stayed here in April , we were collected from the airport and taken to the small riad , It was a wonderful oasis and very central to everything , The staff are exceptional , I have visited marrakesh many times but this was the best riad I had stayed in . I will be returning as soon as I can !!!!! Thanks again

Room Tip: choose a large room but if you are on a budget the small rooms are still adequate
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends