“Perfection.”
Review of Riad Al Massarah

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Al Massarah
Ranked #86 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Perfection.”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

My husband and I decided to "splurge" on our recent trip to Marrakesh as it was the last stop on our honeymoon during which we traveled throughout Morocco. I use splurge in quotation marks as the price was actually more than reasonable and for the experience I would actually say that it was a steal! Marrakesh, while beautiful, is also extremely overwhelming and chaotic and stepping into Riad Al Massarah, conveniently located right inside the exciting Medina, was an instant oasis. Michael, Michel, and David were so helpful at helping us navigating the city and make the most of our 3 days. The extended staff was AMAZING, always there when we needed anything but also giving us the space to relax and feel at ease. The room was beautiful and super clean and comfortable, the food was delicious, and all the extra touches were above and beyond. We would stay again in a second!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This Riad is what every boutique hotel should aspire to be! Impeccable taste, flawless service! Not even the fact that one of the basins in our room had a leak tarnishes the experience!

The riad is simply beautiful - It's better than home - a true oasis in the hectic streets of Marrakech Medina. Every detail has been taken care of. From the toiletries provided to the home-made yoghurt served on cute little glass jars. Not to mention the decoration.

Definitely our best find in Marrakech!

Reviewed 19 March 2011

A small piece of Luxury.

What a delightful Riad! Every single detail is adhered to by the very kind and hospitable French owners. From the fantastically trained & well mannered staff to the quality of the bed linen, robes and towels.
The breakfast experience was also a delight with fresh exotic fruit in a formal dining setting. It's a little oasis in the middle of  the very hectic city of Marrakech. It may be very luxurious but it didn't come with the price tag. I would recommend this place over any other riad I stayed in Morocco.

3 Thank James H
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Absolutely recommended. Perfect. Very friendly staff.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 18 March 2011

The Riad Al Massarah is an elegant haven that removes you from the sensory overload chaos that is Marrakech. Once I closed the door and entered the riad I breathed a sigh of relief and let my guard down. Marrakech is an intense place for westerners; having an oasis is wonderful. The massage I had one afternoon just put the icing on the cake.

The riad's web site photos portray the place in a highly accurate fashion. If anything, the web site images don't quite capture the feeling of quiet elegance one feels when inside. It's quite striking when you first walk in. My room was the smallest and was elegant and wonderfully comfortable.

The location is convenient (but you'll never find it on your own the first time). I easily walked to all points in the Medina (old city). Outside of the Medina, I walked to the Jardin Majorelle to the north, and to the Theater Royal to the east. Navigation inside the Medina is a challenge (take a compass) but the location of the riad is very convenient. If you get really lost, just walk in the same direction until you come to the wall then follow it around until something looks familar.

I had breakfast on the roof and drinks in late afternoon with a view of the Atlas Mountains in the distance.

The dinners served in the riad are wonderful. They are local dishes made from ingredients purchased the same day. Beer and good wines are available. The chef even made a special trip out to buy something I saw in one of the markets that I wanted for dinner.

The staff couldn't be any better. They are always available but their presence never once felt intrusive.

I was picked up at the train station and delivered to the airport in a timely manner at a reasonable cost.

The owners and the staff are knowledgeable and very helpful. Be sure to ask for their advice about dealing with local folks and pay attention to it.

When filling out the evaluation form at the end of my stay I came to the question "What can we do better?". I can usually always come up with something to say when asked this but here my only response was to perhaps make the meal portions a bit smaller. That pretty much sums up my experience in the Riad Al Massarah.

I really appreciated the environmental sensitivity demonstrated by the riad.

If I go back to Marrakech, I'll stay here again. It's a wondeful place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We loved everything about Riad Al Massarah It was just perfect-lovely rooms, delicious breakfast, a terrace to escape to and rest (with mint tea and biscuits)and the wonderful hospitality of true hosts Michel and Michael all in the historic and colourful medina. We stayed for 5 nights and would go back tomorrow. Totally recommend as a great place to stay in busy bustling and exciting Marrakech One of travels most memorable moments Thank you all at Riad Al Massarah

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Having busy jobs and a toddler, my husband and I wanted somwhere near enough to travel to for a long weekend alone, which would give us good food, cultural experiences and a chance to kick back and relax. Riad Al Massarah gave us all this and more. Welcoming hosts, helpful staff throughout and most of all the ability to listen to what we wanted to do and point us in the right direction gave us the confidence to explore the souks and Marrakech itself independently.

The Riad is well placed about 20 minutes walk from the main square but close enough to the souks to be able to nip in, do your shopping and nip out again! We had excellent authentic Morrocan food both at the Riad (huge evening meal portions!) and at both restaurants that were recommended to us (Dar Moha, really is a special experience).

We also thoroughly enjoyed the hammam and massage we had in the Riad - it was a truly wonderful way to 'feel' the Morroccan culture first hand as well as being extremely beneficial for mind, body and soul - I highly recommend this and it is so good that you can do it all from the comfort of your bedroom wearing your complimentary robe and slippers!

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I highly recommend Riad Al Massarah in all aspects - it truly is a chance to escape and partake in some total relaxation. A must for any-one looking for a home-from-home environment with all the touches of a top class hotel. A great find which we will visit again and again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple