We stayed there for the 4 nights of our stay in Marrakesh.
We loved this place for essentially 5 reasons:
1) location was perfect: not too much in the middle of the touristy stuff but very close to everything
2) the owners have obviously put a lot of love and effort into their place, and it shows: they're beautifully decorated, every little detail has been thoughtfully arranged. They were very nice and helpful. They were there when we needed them but not overly so. They arranged airport transfer for us, gave us good advice as to where to eat... It's not always the case in Marrakesh that owners actually live there and do care. These people truly do!
3) The POOL on the roof of one of the riads was the best place to find shelter from the heat, noise and harassment of Marrakesh. It was simply delightful
4) breakfast was simple but very good
5) the bed was very comfortable, the room was tastefully decorated and cosy. A special mention to the beautiful, extra-comfortable bathroom
Tip: the place is a little hard to find so do not hesitate to call in advance and the owner will come pick you up in front of the nearby mosque. Otherwise you'll just have to follow some neighborhood kids and give them 10 dirhams...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Maison Do and Dar Maison Do, two traditional dwellings located in opposite in a derb of the médina of Marrakech, within the district Ben Salah, which kept all its authenticity. Easy access, it is an ideal starting point for the walk discovery of the historical heart of the city, the souks, and the place Jemaa El Fna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Riad et Dar Maison Do reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.