“I definitively found my place in Marrakech”

Les Borjs de la Kasbah
Ranked #37 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Milano
“I definitively found my place in Marrakech”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I went to Marrakech at least 6 times between 2000 and 2014 always experiencing different locations, hotels, styles (ryad, de luxe hotels, cheap hotels, etc.) I finally found my place in the city at Le Borjis del Kasbah. There are a couple of reasons why I said that. First: the hotel. Les Borjis is a charming, quiet, clean small hotel combining the charme of a ryad with the services of an hotel (spa, swimming pool, concierge, large and comfortable rooms, etc.) The staff is friendly and efficient, the breakfast is excellent. The restaurants is worthwhile, it offers good Moroccan or international cuisine. Second: the area. The casbah is walking distance from Jema el Fna and the souks and offers the experience to live in the Old Medina, while it’s slightly removed from the most chaotic and crowded area. Third: the house. This is and ancient building amazingly restored by local craftsmen who recreated the atmosphere of an old Moroccan estate. The wooden moucharabia that closed the room was a real masterpiece, such as the decorations of the façade and the floor. Please note that if you are looking for a modern, full service, luxury hotel with an Olympic swimming pool, this is not the place for you. But if you look for a quintessentially Marrakech experience, Moroccan hospitality at its best, do not hesitate to book a room here.

Room Tip: I booked a superior room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moussafir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just returned from this wonderful boutique hotel that is full of morrocan charm. My sister and I had a fantastic time and definitely highly recommend. The staff were wonderful (nothing was too much trouble), the pool is great - can always get a sunlounger, there is a little bar (that does serve alcohol) and several lounge areas. The courtyard is also a nice cool place to sit. The location is great - close to old and new town and 10 minutes from the airport. We also had a massage in their spa - heavenly!

The hotel recommended us a great place to buy argan oil which is just around the corner from the hotel and is pure argan oil rather than vegetable oil sold in the souk. I've been using every day and my hair and skin never felt so good.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shaesy
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We wanted a hotel in the old part of Marrakech but we also wanted a pool to cool off in which is what made us choose this hotel over a riad. I'm so glad we did! This place was simply amazing. It was an oasis of calm in a crazy city! The staff were really helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and had air conditioning. The pool area was lovely (and we couldn't hear any noise from the streets outside). The choice on offer at breakfast was great. The only slight down-side was the beds were not very comfortable but this would not stop me from returning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Marrackech.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard which was really peaceful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sairs82
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stopped at this hotel Last week and the service from staff and director made the holiday. I proposed to my partner during the stay and all staff were extremely helpful during our trip. We booked an excursion through the hotel; the driver took us on a 2 hour 30 minute drive to some amazing waterfalls and talked to us along the way pointing out various landmarks. The hotel is situated around a 20 minute walk from the main square which has various bars and restaurants as well as a variety of shops and souks. The hotel restaurant is delicious and we dined there for 3 of our 7 night stay. First class hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sjones188
Hungerford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We wanted a hotel in the old city and this was just perfect.we were greeted with drinks on arrival then taken to our rooms.the rooms were clean and large.overall the hotel had a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the staff were superb.breakfast was nice and we also had a couple of evening meals which were very good.the English manager/director was on hand and very helpful.they organised a trip for us at reasonable cost .i would recommend this hotel and would return myself.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank richard a
Cardiff
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a really nice Riad, only a few niggling issues stopped me from rating it a 5.

We arranged a transfer with the hotel and the driver was waiting for us when we landed. It is a very short drive to the Riad and we were greeted with welcome drinks on arrival. The room was absolutely huge and well maintained. The whole property is a wonderful retreat from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.

The Riad seems to be in a more local area of the Medina and we did not see as many tourists as we expected walking from there to the main square. However, this was probably an advantage as the area felt safe and was full of families both day and night. There was also far less hassle than nearer the square and souks. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the main square and much of this is spent dodging traffic. This wasn't a problem for us but is definitly something to be aware of. On the plus side, taxis are able to pull up right outside here, which is impossible in some other areas.

The staff were consistently friendly and helpful, with excellent English. It was great to have the pool, especially in such heat. Drinks at the Riad are more expensive than outside but very reasonable by UK and international hotel standards. We booked a hammam and massage which was very good and also very reasonable.

There were 2 things that sold Les Borjs de la Kasbah to me when booking. 1. The air conditioning and 2. The wifi. However, these are two things that did not function well during our stay. The air conditioning was not cool enough and the wifi was incredibly patchy. I know this wouldn't bother many people but it was a nuisance when I was relying on it for an important work email.

I also found myself slightly dissapointed with breakfast. The cereal never had any bowls and when something was gone it was very rarely replenished. Some of the fruit also did not seem very fresh, but these are really just me being picky. All in all, a good choice of Riad, great atmosphere, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here, the staff were wonderful and seemed genuinely happy to be there and to help. The property itself is beautiful, lovely Riad. Great pool, great fountain in the middle of the property, the room was very nice, shower was clean and seemed new. Wifi wasn't great, but frankly I'm not sure you're going to get very fast internet anywhere. Excursions arranged through the hotel were enjoyable and available at a decent price. The included breakfast was very good, I didn't try the lunch, dinner or spa, but all were offered at reasonable prices.

Nice public areas, was fun to watch the FIFA match with others staying in the hotel in the common TV room. TV also available in the rooms, lots of english channels.

The location was good, short walk away from the centre of the old city, overall everything was great - would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: I'm not sure you can really get a bad room, but you could get one facing the inside of the court...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo