“Wonderful”

Ranked #37 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
trieste, italy
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

All of the wonderful reviews about this place were so true, it is a splendid retreat amid the frenetic streets of Marrakech. The staff is excellent, incredibly attentive and hospitable. The restaurant was wonderful, we had dinner there a few nights. Breakfast in the morning had everything imaginable. The hamam and spa was well worth it and a delightful end to a day of wandering around Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Whitehaven UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

my second visit to this hotel, it was fantastic the first time and has not disappointed me on my second visit. Nadia and Mohammed were wonderful although it would be unfair to single them out because all of the staff are fantastic, as 5 ladies travelling together the front desk really looked after us, made great recommendations for places to eat and sorted out our travel. They found us a great guide who took the five of us on a walking tour round the medina and answered all of our questions, its well worth doing this. what can I say except we will be back again

Thank lynn.gilmour
Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Everything was perfect! We were picked up efficiently from the airport by the hotel's driver. On arrival at the hotel we were given a wonderful welcome with a very relaxed check-in drinking complimentary mint tea. Because they had realised from the DOB on my passport that my birthday was a few days after our trip (not the reason for going I might add!) they gave us a free room upgrade. I expect all the rooms are probably very nice, and I think the upgrade just gives you that much bigger a room. Our rooms were both superb. The bedroom and bathrooms were clean and spacious and full of character. The rose petals were a sweet touch! Because we were only at the hotel a short time, we didn't use the spa or pool facilities which although small would have done the job perfectly if we had wanted to use them. Breakfasts were continental style, not a huge choice but nothing to complain about. We ate a couple times at the hotel (lunchtime and evening) and all the meals were very good. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and made you feel that nothing was too much trouble for them. In our opinion the hotel was in a perfect location. Far enough out to be quiet and away from the hustle bustle but still only a 15 or so minute walk into the centre of things. I based my choice for this hotel on the reviews that I had read and I'm so pleased I did. It was superb and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a short stay in Marrakech.

1 Thank TricksBerkshire
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our second stay at Les Borjs de la Kasbah, service still as good as three years ago, rooms (we had 3 in total) were all excellent - staff were very accomodating. Would recommend booking a private guide through the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble - we will definately come back and stay again. Spa was excellent and very reasonable in price.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2011

I was looking for a few days away alone, to combine relaxation with a bit of culture and came across an old Guardian travel article about this place. Looked at the hotel website and decided to go for it. They collect you from the airport for free in their very nice hotel minibus. You would never find the place alone, as it is within the labyrinth of old streets within the Medina. Upon entering the small entrance you cannot be disappointed. The little central court yard is so tranquil and beautiful and the reception staff charming, especially the lovely Nadia. In fact all the staff are extremely kind and very unobtrusive. I had a small double room at a very good price (considering most place charge supplements for solo travellers). Lovely with a gorgeous bathroom, although I will agree with another reviewer that the beds are very, very firm...maybe that is common in Morrocco? Anyway, super clean, nicely furnished with s luxury feel. Great breakfast too. Location wise I thought it was perfect because you feel you are staying in an authentic, living, working part of the ancient city as oppose to the bigger chain hotels which are in the newer part. A 10 walk and you are in the mad Jemaa el Fna square where it all happens. Lovely to get back to this peaceful hotel at the end of the day (and as a single woman traveller I felt completely safe). Great spa treatments too with a lovely pool. I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

This was my second visit to the hotel, and I was not disappointed. Stepping from the bustle and dust of the narrow street we were welcomed into a cool, calm and beautiful riadh. Smiling girls greeted us with hot mint tea and our room was perfect - large and beautiful. The feel of this hotel is one of luxury, intimacy and warmth, though I'm sure it's refreshingly shady in the Summer! The attention to detail extends right through the building, from the architecture and furnishing to the service and the food,. The spa, with it's traditional hammam, simply the icing on the cake.

• Stayed January 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

I stayed here with a large group of extended family and we had a genuinely wonderful time, so wonderful in fact that we spent much more time in the hotel than we would normally on a holiday to such an interesting country. The attention to detail at Les Borjs is second to none, every tiny thing has been thought through and the little luxuries really add to your stay. From the authentic, artisan-made fitting and finishings to the monogramed towels and flower petals on your pillow I can't think of anything I would add to my marvellous experience here. The food is of particular note and especially welcome to the many vegetarians in our party who found eating out a little difficult in the rest of Marrakech. Considering the 5 star luxury on offer, the price is extremely reasonable and the location is excellent, walking distance to the main square through a fascinating, old fashioned Kasbah. The hotel staff are all fantastically helpful and professional but maintain a distance that is comforting to uptight Brits like us. They were particularly helpful when the King's convoy potentially blocked our way to the airport, without them I would have had 12 stranded family members, including a 90 year old woman and three babies! They also helped us arrange a day trip to another city, recommending hotels, attractions and transport. The hotel beds are amazingly comfortable an the ambiance is quiet without being staid. I didn't visit the hamam, but some of my family did and absolutely loved it. I can't recommend this place highly enough, it's really worthy of being voted the number one hotel in Africa.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family