“Great restaurant”

Les Borjs de la Kasbah
Ranked #29 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We only ate in the restaurant, but the food was delicious and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We could not find fault with his hotel. A cosy retreat from the busy streets of the Kasbah & Medina. Staff were extremely pleasant and tended to our every need. Great breakfasts. Restaurant (French & Moroccan menu) and snack bar served freshly prepared delicious meals. Rooms tasteful, well appointed and very peaceful. Swimming pool refreshing & Hammam well worth a try - came home with skin as soft as a new baby. About a 10 - 15 min stroll from the main square. Would not hesitate to recommend this charming hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2011

All of the wonderful reviews about this place were so true, it is a splendid retreat amid the frenetic streets of Marrakech. The staff is excellent, incredibly attentive and hospitable. The restaurant was wonderful, we had dinner there a few nights. Breakfast in the morning had everything imaginable. The hamam and spa was well worth it and a delightful end to a day of wandering around Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

my second visit to this hotel, it was fantastic the first time and has not disappointed me on my second visit. Nadia and Mohammed were wonderful although it would be unfair to single them out because all of the staff are fantastic, as 5 ladies travelling together the front desk really looked after us, made great recommendations for places to eat and sorted out our travel. They found us a great guide who took the five of us on a walking tour round the medina and answered all of our questions, its well worth doing this. what can I say except we will be back again

Thank lynn.gilmour
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Everything was perfect! We were picked up efficiently from the airport by the hotel's driver. On arrival at the hotel we were given a wonderful welcome with a very relaxed check-in drinking complimentary mint tea. Because they had realised from the DOB on my passport that my birthday was a few days after our trip (not the reason for going I might add!) they gave us a free room upgrade. I expect all the rooms are probably very nice, and I think the upgrade just gives you that much bigger a room. Our rooms were both superb. The bedroom and bathrooms were clean and spacious and full of character. The rose petals were a sweet touch! Because we were only at the hotel a short time, we didn't use the spa or pool facilities which although small would have done the job perfectly if we had wanted to use them. Breakfasts were continental style, not a huge choice but nothing to complain about. We ate a couple times at the hotel (lunchtime and evening) and all the meals were very good. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and made you feel that nothing was too much trouble for them. In our opinion the hotel was in a perfect location. Far enough out to be quiet and away from the hustle bustle but still only a 15 or so minute walk into the centre of things. I based my choice for this hotel on the reviews that I had read and I'm so pleased I did. It was superb and I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a short stay in Marrakech.

1  Thank TricksBerkshire
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our second stay at Les Borjs de la Kasbah, service still as good as three years ago, rooms (we had 3 in total) were all excellent - staff were very accomodating. Would recommend booking a private guide through the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble - we will definately come back and stay again. Spa was excellent and very reasonable in price.

Reviewed 3 February 2011

I was looking for a few days away alone, to combine relaxation with a bit of culture and came across an old Guardian travel article about this place. Looked at the hotel website and decided to go for it. They collect you from the airport for free in their very nice hotel minibus. You would never find the place alone, as it is within the labyrinth of old streets within the Medina. Upon entering the small entrance you cannot be disappointed. The little central court yard is so tranquil and beautiful and the reception staff charming, especially the lovely Nadia. In fact all the staff are extremely kind and very unobtrusive. I had a small double room at a very good price (considering most place charge supplements for solo travellers). Lovely with a gorgeous bathroom, although I will agree with another reviewer that the beds are very, very firm...maybe that is common in Morrocco? Anyway, super clean, nicely furnished with s luxury feel. Great breakfast too. Location wise I thought it was perfect because you feel you are staying in an authentic, living, working part of the ancient city as oppose to the bigger chain hotels which are in the newer part. A 10 walk and you are in the mad Jemaa el Fna square where it all happens. Lovely to get back to this peaceful hotel at the end of the day (and as a single woman traveller I felt completely safe). Great spa treatments too with a lovely pool. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo