“Massimo and Giorginia Offering the Best in Customer Service”

Riad le Clos des Arts
Ranked #2 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stayed here as a single woman October 16-20. Flew from Casablanca and was met at Menara airport by the Riad's driver. Upon arriving Massimo greeted me immediately and I was offered tea and cookies. Massimo supplied a map of the area and conveyed many tips. Immediately I knew I would be safe and well cared for here.
During my stay Giorginia was always quick in answering my questions. (By the way she speaks 6 languages including Swahili - most impressive!)
My room, Ambre, was perfect - clean and a very comfortable bed. Good ventilation. The employees are great and speak highly of Giorginia and Massimo - good people.
Staying in this riad in the medina is the best as the location is perfect - close to Jemaa el Fna, La Koutoubia, Palais, Mellah, Palais El Badi, Dar Si Said, Saadiens in Kasbah, and I walked from the new area back to the riad without any difficulty stopping at Medersa Ben Youssef, Maison de la Photographies and Musee, and La Mamounia.Took taxi to Jardin Majorelle. Previously I stayed in the Albatross Hotel and there is no comparison. Upon returning I would stay in this same Riad le Clos des Arts. - highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank lancerseattle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We have recently returned from an all too brief visit to Marrakech were we stayed at this gorgeous Riad. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome. The owners, Massimo and Georgina go out of their way to ensure that you have the best possible time and we enjoyed their humorous banter (especially regarding' haman extras'!!) as well as important advice, such as where to get a cold beer following an amazing day of quad biking in the Atlas foothills (dunes and desert). The riad is very well located, quiet, beautiful and authentic. The food was delicious and excellent value for money. We have stayed at two other places in Marrakech, both of them were beautiful but this Riad offers a little bit more, a real home from home. Many thanks for helping to make our visit a real success!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JB1_12_12
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This riad is just wonderful. The building itself is stunning, but it is the attention to detail and the little things Georgina (& I'm sure Massimo too, although we only met him briefly as he was away for the duration of our stay) that give this place the edge. From the welcome tea and sweets to the low down on Marrakech, which can be quite daunting at first, Georgina just didn't put a foot wrong. The Turquoise room we stayed in was magnificent, the little touches here and there gave it such a warm and homely feel. The breakfast was to die for, and the dinners, even better. I would recommend this riad to all my friends who are travelling to Marrakech.

Room Tip: We were a party of 3 and the turquoise room was the only one available for this size. It was fantast...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Lovely riad with great helpful management and friendly staff right in the hub of things. Provides a lovely oasis to retreat to when you need to! Food also excellent if you choose to eat here with Moroccan specialities served each night. Recommend also the guided tour the riad can arrange for you as you definitely get to see some parts you would otherwise miss.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

For years I dreamed of a Moroccan adventure staying at luxurious Riads. Riad le Clos des Arts was our first accommodations and from the moment my friend and I walked in we felt like we were dreaming. We were welcomed by the Riad's owners at the parking lot and escorted into the Riad where they sat down with us over tea and cookies to give us some much needed tips and info about the city. Our room was on the first floor and opened up to the center fountain with fresh roses and the smell of Jasmine. Our room was clean, luxurious, good size and comfortable. One night my friend and I wanted to go out to dinner, Massimo and Georgina helped with the reservations as well as making sure we got into a taxi safely. They truly went above and beyond. We certainly enjoyed meeting them and being apart of their Riad. The cuisine was awesome and I recommend booking dinners there. If I could go back tomorrow I would! I already miss it there. Thanks again for everything!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shelibe
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed in Le Clos des Arts four nights. I fell in love with the riad when I saw it for the first time. The atmosphere was serene and welcoming. I have to say that I had a great time in Marrakech thanks to Massimo and Georgina. They made my stay in Marrakech a memorable one. They personify hospitality and kindness and I felt completely at home - as part of the family, a guest, not a tourist. The members of the staff are also very professional, dedicated and polite. Everything was perfect. The room was comfortable and beautifully decorated, the breakfast was excellent and the dinner fabulous. The only think I regret is to have had dinner in Le Clos des Arts only once. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Having never been to any part of Africa before we didn't know what to expect from our 1st experience Morocco especially as it was our honeymoon, you can do all the reading you like prior to arriving but nothing works better than speaking with locals or people who have lived and breathed Marrakech life.

Step in the owners/hosts Massimo and Georgina, vastly knowledgeable regarding where to go (and where not to go!) , tremendous hosts, always helpful and pointing us in the the right direction. Looking after a sick wife with local remedies. The team around them were also very good - speaking good english, always happy and nothing is too much trouble. The little touches make all the difference with lit candles and rose petals in our room.

Our Room was the Amethyste and it was wonderful, you have a real sense of Medina life. No technology hanging off the walls, just wonderful architecture and feel. The rooms all have safes so no need to take out Passports and all your cash as Marrakech can make you feel security conscience, just take out what you need for the day. The area of the Riad is very safe.

To also be only a very short walk from the main Medina square, the Souks, Katoubia we found ourselves one of the quietest places to stay. Perfect for anyone who wants to do shopping or even just relaxing upstairs by the pool. Even though the pool is fairly small, you still get that amazing sense of peace and tranquility.

On arrival we had dinner made for us, you can either eat with them (recommended) or outside of the Riad. The food we had at the Riad was fantastic, incredibly fresh and lots of choice, and breakfast was always a delight as you got a different food every day.

Many of the restaurants in the Medina are much of a much, some more expensive than the others – just make sure you check your chicken skewers as sometimes they were served to us raw as the lighting in some of these places are terrible.

There are many activities for anyone who is staying longer than a couple of days, Cooking classes with a local family, Walking guided tours with Abdul – he is not a typical guide as he will not take you into shops to try and get you to buy stuff for a slice of the pie, he takes you to the places that you should see when you stay in Marrakech. (Massismo and Georgina will able to help you with arranging)

Marrakech is a very busy, sometimes crazy place but a worthy visit for a sense of life inside the Medina. During our stay there we always felt safe and as long as you keep to common sense you will not have any issues( word of warning mind the motorbikes and donkeys :))

In summary and wonderful Riad for our honeymoon, wonderful location and wonderful hosts. Couldn't have asked for better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple