“What a wonderful place!”

Riad le Clos des Arts
Ranked #2 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Clos des Arts - the Riad is beautiful and the attention to detail incredible. Giorgina & Massimo are the most friendly and helpful hosts and all the staff are eager to please. The food is absolutely delicious and the surroundings make you want to just relax there all day, but there is so much to see in Marrakech and Giorgina arranged everything for us. A really great experience - I hope to be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anne g

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I can't remember how many times I have been to Riad Clos des Arts but I think it is about 8 times in the last three years. It is perfection. I have been with my husband, with my sons, with friends and just recently with 7 others and we took over the whole Riad. Georgina and Massimo are perfectionists and the Riad is fabulous and very good value for money. Couldn't speak more highly of it. But don't tell anyone otherwise there won't be room for me when I next want to go!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank anneib
Reviewed 26 January 2013

As just about every one has said, it's the staff and management that make the difference at this charming hotel. You feel like you are a guest at a friend's home from the moment you arrive. The rooms are charming, the location is great and the breakfast memorable. We also had dinner, which was also excellent. The owners could not be more helpful, but the rest of the staff also go the extra distance. Highly recommended.

3  Thank wrightone
Reviewed 25 January 2013

There are already so many great reviews of this lovely place, I won't repeat all they say.

The staff at the Riad are wonderful; lots of reviewers have mentioned the owners, Georgina and Massimo;and it's true; they are sincere, interesting, friendly people and very diligent owners. But the cook, housekeeping and other general staff complete the impression that this is a very effectively run establishment. It's perfectly located, the food is excellent and the day trip and massage we arranged through the Riad were both excellent.

We'd both go back without any hesitation and I've already recommended the place to another couple who will be visiting the city in March.

We wish the owners and staff of this Riad good luck and thanks very much for a memorable stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were nice and are similarly located in the property - I don't think any sta...
2  Thank Gastronaught
Reviewed 25 January 2013

When my husband and I were planning our trip to Morocco, we were overwhelmed with information and confused in choosing a riad in the medina. There are so many. Which ones were good? Which were close to the Djemma and which were far away? Thanks to the advice of friends and Tripadvisor, we chose Le Clos des Arts and could not have been happier with the selection.

Massimo and Giorgina have spent many years working in Africa and the last several operating the riad. They arranged for pick-up at the airport and transfer from the busy parking area through the lanes to the riad entrance. Les Clos des Arts is at the end of one of the small streets in the medina and is very quiet. Living in a city at home, it was almost spooky quiet for this city girl. We were greeted with mint tea and a very extensive local briefing by Massimo that made us feel comfortable navigating the area. Opting for dinner at the riad on our first night was another great choice. The wonderful salads and amazing tagine were lovely and sent us to bed with full bellies and renewed energy for our agenda in the morning.

We ended up spending three nights at the beginning of our trip and one at the end at Les Clos des Arts. While we did have to move rooms due to previous bookings, each one we stayed in was comfortable and quiet, with climate control units to ward off the January chill. I wish it was warmer so that we could take advantage of the great rooftop terrace. Perhaps on the next trip.

Les Clos des Arts is warm, welcoming and while not the cheapest accomodation you will see listed in Marrakech, it is worth the price.

1  Thank Meercoll
Reviewed 25 January 2013

A wonderful place. Thanks to the hospitality and kindness of the staff we had a fabulous time. The Riad is traditionally and tastefully decorated with clean, comfortable rooms. There is an attractive roof terrace which, even at the beginning of January, was ideal for relaxing in the sun. Highly recommended.We’d love to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank elmarsetzer
Reviewed 20 January 2013

A-MA-ZING!

I felt like a prince. This riad (well it’s a Dar actually, but that’s not important right now) is the most decorative and elegant of places we stayed on our holiday in Morocco. The rooms are furnished to such a high and elegant spec, and full of exotic Moroccan splendor.
I don’t want to talk in too much detail about the Riad - the rooms in particularly - as it is such a great moment walking in for the first time, so I do want to spoil that feeling for future visitors.

We stayed in for dinner one evening, and the team pulled out all the stops. They made our Christmas eve and final night in Marrakech a night to remember. Breakfast was good each morning, and the roof terrace is a nice place to relax and read a book or splash in the plunge pool.

The riad is so enchanting that you will really have to drag yourself out the door to see Marrakech itself. But when you do leave you are Ideally located right in an area of market, but not in the actually unrelenting souk itself, just a moment walk from place jemaa el fna.
Georgina & Mosimo are interesting and welcoming hosts. Very knowledgeable about Morocco and Africa in large. They were also helpful in recommendations and booking taxis, bus tickets etc.

I may be ruined for life. Now every time i walk in to my own drab bedroom back home I wish I could be back at the Road le Clos des Arts.

I would AB-SO-LUT-LY return to Riad le Clos des Arts if I return to Marrakech, I certainly hope to again one day.

Book it!

Room Tip: I popped my head in to a few of the rooms and they all look great, but i can vouch for our room the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple