“absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riad le Clos des Arts
Ranked #2 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
“absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

While all the guests of this riad can wax rhapsodic about the location, staff, beautiful accommodations and the amazing food (and I can only echo their sentiments), I would also like to add onto the accolades given to Massimo and Georgina. My husband and I came to their riad for a romantic weekend away only to have a medical emergency arise almost immediately back in Italy with my daughter. My mother (who was watching her) was unable to reach us as our cell phones were not working for some reason. For the same reason, neither could Massimo. Instead, Massimo went above and beyond the call of duty as he handled my worried mother and the doctor back in Italy.Thankfully, my daughter was perfectly fine and we were able to continue our trip; however, there are not enough words to express our gratitude for all that Massimo did to help us during that time. While I hope that no other guest has to have the same type of experience, I tell all this to assure future guests that they can be completely confident that if their vacation involves an unexpected crisis, they will be in competent and generous hands. Thank you again, Massimo and Georgina!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tbjs1995

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This riad lives up to its reputation. Not only are the owners extremely helpful but their staff are the best I have ever come across in any hotel/guesthouse across the world. The location is perfect - extremely quiet yet positioned so that you are ideally placed for visiting both the souks and the other major sites to the north and south of the medina. There are excellent bars, restaurants and good value restaurants close by, as well as ATMs and bureau de changes.
Cannot also speak highly enough about this first experience of general Moroccan hospitality, courtesy and friendliness - very refreshing when compared with some other non-European countries. Overall an amazing experience and one I hope to repeat in other parts of Morocco.

Room Tip: As all rooms are around an inner courtyard I would suggest that they are all good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank prose5
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in November. What a lovely place and lovely staff and hosts! After welcoming us to this beautiful house, Georgina took a lot of time explaining us how the medina is set up, where to go and - even more importantly - where not to go and how to interact respectfully with the people who want to sell you something.
We've enjoyed a delicious dinner on the night we arrived and were pampered with a great breakfast every day. Fresh juice and fruit, several types of bread, eggs, you name it. The staff is very friendly and makes sure you get everything you ask for.
Georgina and Massimo go out of their way to ensure you have a great time in Marrakech: we've had a great spa treatment (go for the Angsana experience) and ate in wonderful places, thanks to their suggestions.
If you want a fridge in your room, big breakfast buffets and walk around anonymously in your hotel: do not go here. If you want to feel special, welcome and feel the warmth of people who enjoy making sure you have a great time: go to this riad!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Durham, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Riad Le Clos Des Arts for 4 nights in late October. It was our first trip to Marrakesh and to Morocco. The riad is a short walk to the south of Jemaa El Fna and a roughly equal distance north of Bahia Palace. Simply stated, we had a wonderful time and would highly recommend the riad to others.

Giorgina and Massimo were wonderful hosts. I had communicated with Giorgina by e-mail prior to our arrival on things to do during our visit. She arranged for transportation from the airport to the riad in the early evening. Massimo met the taxi at the parking area with a porter to take our luggage and walked with us to the riad (it’s hard to find if you haven’t been there before). Since we were arriving around 9:00 pm, Giorgina had arranged dinner for us at the riad, which was excellent. She also provided suggestions for a tour guide on the first morning, for a guide to the High Atlas Mountains on the second day, and for a cooking class on the third day. She also made a reservation for us at the Restaurant Le Marrakchi (it is close to the riad, but compared to the food and service at the riad on the first night, the restaurant was disappointing). We had breakfast at the riad each morning and ended up eating dinner there the third night as well. All of the meals and the service were very good.

We stayed in the Ambre room. The room itself was very clean and comfortable, and the public spaces were exceptional. The only downside is that the enclosed nature of a riad allows sounds to carry (you’re living around an enclosed courtyard like an extended family). However, turning on the air conditioner at night provided just enough ‘white noise’ to muffle nearby sounds without being intrusive.

Overall, it was a wonderful place to stay for four days, in part because of the riad itself, but also because of all of the help provided by Giorgina and Massimo that made us feel like pampered guests.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NC-Garden-Traveler
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great communication all the way through. Nothing is too much trouble for Massimo, Georgina and their staff. They are delightful and you feel like you are staying with family. They will organise taxis and reservations for you and ensure a smooth journey to and from the airport.
The taxi will drop you at the parking spot a short walk away but they ensure that the driver takes you to and from the Riad with no hassle. That is just what you want when you arrive and it puts you in a good frame of mind from the start of your trip.
We quickly got orientated with Massimo's help and always managed to find our way back ok.
It was fun just sitting and having a chat to Massimo, he has some great stories.The Riad is in a nice quiet spot and is a delight to come back to.
We had a great trip to Atlas Mountains (Massimo will book if you ask), best night at Marachki overlooking the square (live music and bellydancers), excellent meal (French food) at Le Loft and good pitstop food at Oscar Progres.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I've waited a couple of weeks since visiting before writing this review, as I wasn't entirely sure if I could put into writing how fantastic this place is. Even now, I don't think anything that I write can do this beautiful Riad any justice.

My husband and I visited Marrakech for a long weekend to celebrate my 40th birthday. Within minutes of confirming our booking via the Escapio website, I had received an email from Giorgina and Massimo to confirm the booking, request our flight details to arrange airport pick up, and ask if we wanted to eat at the Riad on our arrival night. Good vibes so far!!

On arrival at Marrakech airport, our driver was waiting for us in arrivals (as stated) and drove us to the Riad. We were taken down back streets to find this beautiful building and although it was a matter of metres from hustle and bustle, was in fact, very quiet. On arrival, we were treated to Mint Tea (the best we tasted at all during our visit) and pastries, whilst Giorgina provided us with a detailed map of Marrakech, which also, on the reverse, provided a more magnified map of the Souk area, which was invaluable (and having spoken to some other English tourists whilst out there, this is not something that is generally provided by other establishments). Giorgina went into a great deal of detail with the map; areas to avoid at night, areas where you will find specific items, locations of interest etc etc.

We were then shown to our room, which was beautiful, clean and tidy and provided everything we would need.

Our meal that evening was delicious and I would certainly recommend that anyone staying here enjoy at least one evening meal.

The following morning was my birthday and when we went to our breakfast table, I was greeted with a vase of Roses, with a note wishing me happy birthday from the team, which was a lovely touch. Breakfast each morning was delicious (fruit, fresh juice, yogurt, pastries and the option of eggs). Each morning the fresh fruit and fresh juice were different, but lovely.

Another birthday gift of a beautiful pair of moroccan slippers were given to me by Giorgina after our day of exploring and no matter how busy Giorgina or Massimo were, they would always take the time to come over and greet you, ask you about your day etc etc.

The building itself is beautiful and peaceful. In addition to Giorgina, Massimo and Adriana, the entire staff were friendly and helpful and always smiling.

I want to carry on writing, because I really don't want to miss anything out and I also want to make sure that I get across exactly how fantastic I thought this place was. I have stayed in many lovely places, which I have thought could never be topped, but after having stayed here, I really think anywhere I visit in future will be hard-pushed to match Riad le Clos des Arts. I will definitely stay here again whenever I visit Marrakech.

Thank you to Giorgina, Massimo and Adriana - you made my 40th birthday one that I will never ever forget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jotamel
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the moment we arrived, it was outstanding. Giorgina, Massimo and their staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, and really made us feel at home. The Riad was beautiful, very comfortable and ideally placed - near enough that it was within easy walking distance to anything, but hidden away so that it was peaceful and relaxing. The food - both the breakfast and the meal in the evening - was first class. I couldn't recommend this Riad enough - we will definitely be coming back to Marrakech, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple