“Beautiful, authentic Riad in the heart of the medina” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad le Clos des Arts

Riad le Clos des Arts
Ranked #2 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Beautiful, authentic Riad in the heart of the medina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

The Riad was absolutely beautiful, with very stylish, authentic decor, including traditional tadelakt and mosaic tiling. The room and beds were very comfortable, and there was a choice of places in and around the courtyard, and on the terrace to sit and relax, both shaded and sunny. Georgina and Massimo were extremely helpful and always on hand to offer information and advice; they were also very knowledgeable about the local area, facilities, religion and customs. The staff were also extremely helpful and accommodating, and everyone made a real effort to make us comfortable and meet our needs. The Riad was situated very close to the main square, attractions, good restaurants and cafes, and quite easy to find your way back to, which is a real bonus in the Medina! There is also a very good Hammam nearby which was very good value, and my daughter and I both had an excellent massage at a fraction of the price that it would have been in London. We really enjoyed our stay in Les Clos Des Arts and I would defiantly choose to stay there again if I ever returned to Marrakech; I would also recommend it to anyone else wanting to stay somewhere with authentic, comfortable, with stylish Moroccan Decor, in the centre of the Medina.
Mary from London.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I went to Marrakech for work and not knowing any of the hotels, I asked a colleague to recommend a hotel. She said she had very much enjoyed her stay at Les Clos des Arts" with her family so I went there. The owners are new, he Italian, she Swiss. I arrived in the full heat of midday and I was literally rejuvenated and refuelled for my afternoon appointments! A cool shower in my beautiful bedroom accompanied by mint tea and biscuits were my welcome! It's a charming hotel, full of atmosphere, sparkling clean and inviting - a wonderful mixture of the best of European and Arab! On my last evening there I invited a colleague from Marrakech to dine on the terrace. We ate exquisite Marroccan food in a fascinating ambience. Excellent value for money. I shall be back with my family!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank wrightOnDublin
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed at Le Clos des Arts last June and had such a lovely time we know we would return. And return we did in September 2009 for a week! The news that Massimo and Georgina would be our new hosts met with a little trepidation but we needn't have worried. The welcome was amazing and Massimo and Georgina are AMAZING hosts, their laidback, chatty style has increased the sociable atmosphere and we felt all the guests were more relaxed and therefore chatted and interacted more with each other. The atmosphere in the riad from all the staff working there was clearly due to a happy, supported team where nothing was too much trouble. The riad itself was beautiful as always, with a lot of new touches and increased luxuries.
We'd like to thank Massimo, Georgina and ALL the team for a fantastic stay and see you next year for the Marrakech Scooter Tour! Best wishes, Sue and Dominic

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple