Riad le Clos des Arts
US$105
US$92
US$413
1,471 results
All reviewsgiorgina massimoturquoise roommint tearoof terracewonderful hostsatlas mountainsyogurtthe main squarean oasiseach morninga wonderful stayquiet streetthe entire staffday tripthe hustle and bustlehome away from hometagine
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I have just returned from Morrocco and I had the most wonderful stay at the Riad Le Clos des Arts. Massimo and Giorgina are wonderful, helpful, pleasant hosts. They booked our restaurants, organised our tour to the Atlas mountains, picked us up from the airport, cooked the most amazing food for us and Mickey, who works with them even took us to the local pottery to buy the best tagines! The whole stay was faultless, we stayed in Turquoise room and it was stunning. My flatmate is already going to book to go next January and i will tell all my friends to go. I will never stay anywhere else in Marrakesh when i go as this riad is just the best! I have never felt the urge to rave about somewhere before but i have even posted Massimo and Giorgina a thank you card (not sure how long it will take to arrive with the post) as I had such a lovely time. BTW The riad is also in a great location, 5 minutes from the main square but in the most peaceful spot. Book up now!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2009

My other half booked this trip as a surprise and it truly was ! We took an Easyjet flight from Gatwick to Marrakesh on the Friday morning, arriving around 11 am. We were met at the air port and taken to the Riad. You get dropped by a small car park near the Medina wall and then they walk with you for about 5 mins down some of the little lanes to get to the place.

When we got there we were greeted by the new owners (of three months I believe) Massimo and Giorgina who were super all stay. We were made to feel really welcome, shown around and were able to relax immediately.

The room was great, had an airconditioner, great shower, really comfortable beds and although it was just off the courtyard on the ground floor it was quite and dark when you closed the shutters. We had a meal there on the first evening which was lovely, the staff are really friendly and clearly care about the place and the staff. The meal was served on the roof of the property, where there is also a very small pool for dipping in and lounger chairs etc ... a quiet oasis in a mad city !

The next day we went to the majorelle gardens ! We would suggest taking a cab there ... we walked ... a mistake ! However gardens were fab, well worth a visit. Tha cafe was expensive, but food was good and we needed it !

The hotel recommended two hotels during our stay. We would recommend both of them:

Tanjia - a 5 min walk from the hotel, you need to book and the Riad will do that for you. Great food and atmosphere cost about DIM 600, so not cheap, but worth it !

Mama Ti Lee - small French place 5 mions from hotel. You can eat on the terrace. we were the only ones there and i hope they get more business as it is great. sofas to sit on and lovely ambiance. cost from memory around 200 each.

At the Riad the staff completely tidied the room. They also arranged a trip to the Atlas Mountains. basically this is a taxi up to a village and back where you meet a local guide Ali, he took us on a short walk in the heat (round 2 hrs) and then we had a great lunch at his house. He is really recommended, but be clear what you want as he does different types of things, ares was more a stroll and lunch and would have disapointed people who wanted a route march through the hills.

All in all a great great place to stay for a few days !

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I can't recommend this riad highly enough - it is just beautiful and the owners Massimo and Giorgina are lovely. They were so welcoming, everyone at the riad was really friendly and helpful - and their chef Laila is the definitely the best in Marrakech! I can't wait to go back to this haven in the city someday soon - thank you so much everyone at Clos des Arts for making our holiday so wonderful and special!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The Riad was absolutely beautiful, with very stylish, authentic decor, including traditional tadelakt and mosaic tiling. The room and beds were very comfortable, and there was a choice of places in and around the courtyard, and on the terrace to sit and relax, both shaded and sunny. Georgina and Massimo were extremely helpful and always on hand to offer information and advice; they were also very knowledgeable about the local area, facilities, religion and customs. The staff were also extremely helpful and accommodating, and everyone made a real effort to make us comfortable and meet our needs. The Riad was situated very close to the main square, attractions, good restaurants and cafes, and quite easy to find your way back to, which is a real bonus in the Medina! There is also a very good Hammam nearby which was very good value, and my daughter and I both had an excellent massage at a fraction of the price that it would have been in London. We really enjoyed our stay in Les Clos Des Arts and I would defiantly choose to stay there again if I ever returned to Marrakech; I would also recommend it to anyone else wanting to stay somewhere with authentic, comfortable, with stylish Moroccan Decor, in the centre of the Medina.
Mary from London.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I went to Marrakech for work and not knowing any of the hotels, I asked a colleague to recommend a hotel. She said she had very much enjoyed her stay at Les Clos des Arts" with her family so I went there. The owners are new, he Italian, she Swiss. I arrived in the full heat of midday and I was literally rejuvenated and refuelled for my afternoon appointments! A cool shower in my beautiful bedroom accompanied by mint tea and biscuits were my welcome! It's a charming hotel, full of atmosphere, sparkling clean and inviting - a wonderful mixture of the best of European and Arab! On my last evening there I invited a colleague from Marrakech to dine on the terrace. We ate exquisite Marroccan food in a fascinating ambience. Excellent value for money. I shall be back with my family!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business