1,534 results
All reviews turquoise room mint tea roof terrace wonderful hosts atlas mountains yogurt the main square each morning an oasis the entire staff a wonderful stay day trip the hustle and bustle plunge pool tagine jemaa el the perfect place to stay
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Fellow travellers, We took our first trip to Morocco this December. We arrived in Casablanca and decided to drive to Marrakesh to spend a few days immersing ourselves in the wonders of the souks, the flavours of the food and the energy of the city! We stayed in the Medina (old part of Marrakesh) at Riad le Clos des Arts. The Riad is absolutely stunning in terms of its architecture, the novelty of the courtyards and the intimacy of the rooms. Each of the rooms are unique, and ours was delightful- spacious, tastefully done and very comfortable. The owners – Giorgina and Massimo are wonderful. They spent a fair amount of time telling us about the city, warning us of the traps and pointing us in the right direction- both in terms of choice of restaurants and shopping! All the other staff that we interacted with- Valentina and Sabela were also very helpful at all times. The breakfast was very tasty. They also have a gorgeous terrace, which was too cold for us to enjoy but we imagine would be glorious on a slightly warmer day. However the common room with a fireplace definitely came in handy. We would recommend this place to those who want a wonderful experience in Marrakesh!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Massimo_Giorgina, Manager at Riad le Clos des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Jetlag293803,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review.

We are very happy that you found our advices on the city very useful: we love to share with our guests the knowledge and the experience gathered while living in Marrakech.

Hoping to welcome you again in our House.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here recently. I could ask for more personable staff members, and I would like to especially thank Valentina for making me feel well taken care of. She took the time to give me a detailed orientation of the area and was unfailingly kind when I needed advice about where to go, how to get there, and where to get a good massage. I would also like to thank Massimo and Giorgina for their courtesy. The food was delicious, and if you want to really treat yourself, book a dinner prepared by their local chefs who do a very fine job of preparing full course, excellent meals. Lastly, the beauty of this riad is spectacular. Massimo and Giorgina have a great design sense and it shows.

Stayed: December 2017
Massimo_Giorgina, Manager at Riad le Clos des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Marilyn,

Many thanks for your lovely review.

We are glad that you enjoyed both the deco of our house as well as all the meals prepared with love by our cook Leila.
It has been a great pleasure meeting you and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I received an introduction to Marrakech from Massimo, and it really helped me managing the city. I also had help getting prescriptions from a pharmacy, and I got them within a couple hours from the staff who went to the pharmacy for me. The breakfasts were great, the views are beautiful, and the staff are very welcoming and kind. Beautiful architecture!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Angelina and Gurmej,

Many thanks for posting this review.
We did our best to make you feel comfortable and helping with your medical issues was part of our “special Guest treatment”.

It has been a pleasure meeting you.

Warm regards from Marrakech

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Initial impressions matter. From the first interaction via E-mail, the staff at this riad were welcoming and responsive to our questions. The owner Massimo met us at the parking location and led us to to the riad personally. We were introduced to the staff by name, making us feel like part of a family. Massimo gave us an in-depth introduction to the neighborhood that is within walking distance to the main square. He also made excellent suggestions of how to make use of our limited time in Marrakech. The 3-course dinners at "home" were delicious, clearly made fresh every day. The morning breakfasts were also hearty and refreshing. Our room was excellently decorated. with comfortable beds and sofa and chairs. The bathroom was extremely clean. They even provided wonderful toiletries and robes, making it feel like a luxurious spa at times. The common areas were also comfortable. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear RosyJaywalk,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!
Great care is dedicated in the running of the house, we are therefore very proud when our guests congratulate us with such beautiful words.

You know now where your house in Marrakech is.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I want to start off by saying that this place is absolutely stunning. The clean, spacious rooms were decorated beautifully! I loved that we were in the heart of the Medina and less than a 10 min walk from the main square. Breakfast was delicious every morning. Everyone made sure my sister and I felt safe and comfortable our entire stay. Continue reading below for details.

My sister and I took a spontaneous trip to Marrakech and were incredibly lucky to have booked a room here on short notice. Once we arrived, Massimo and Georgina greeted us with the warmest of welcomes. We really appreciated you taking time to map out the city for us and especially for your incredible restaurant suggestions! If you get a chance to stay here, you should seriously try all the spots they recommend - they know GOOOOOOD food!

We really felt at home during our regrettably brief stay with you, and hope to return soon! Georgina and Massimo - thank you so much for your warm hospitality, you truly made our trip in Marrakech one to remember. We will be definitely be recommending to all friends and family. Keep up the great work. Sending all our love from New York!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Massimo_Giorgina, Manager at Riad le Clos des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear Claudia and Tasha,

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review.

We are passionate about good food, we like to try new restaurants and share the results of our discoveries with our guests. Well … we are then very happy that you liked our advices.

Hoping to welcome you again in the future
Giorgina, Massimo and Sabela