“Perfect Stay at the Riad Zolah”
Review of Riad Zolah

Riad Zolah
Ranked #163 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 27 November 2008

Stayed at Riad Zolah for 4 nights during October for my other half's birthday treat. I can't praise the staff highly enough for making our visit so memorable. Ismail and the team were so attentive to us and really helped us plan our visit and trips.

A really special touch was to help us celebrate my partner's birthday and they laid on a really lovely surprise for us in the form of a cake and champagne!! That really made our day special as we had returned from a wonderful trip into the mountains in the Ourikka Valley (hope that's correctly spelled!).

This really is a 'boutique' hotel and is beautifully decorated. It was lovely eating our breakfasts up on the terraced area with a view of the city skyline and sounds from the Main Square wafting across.

Simply a magic place. Thanks to Jeremy for all his initial help with planning the trip too, I will certainly recommend you to anyone who is planning a trip to Marrakech.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelaholic-Sally

Reviewed 27 November 2008

Having just returned from Marrakech yesterday I thought I'd just confirm what just about everyone else says about Riad Zolah. IT REALLY IS THAT GOOD.
Marrakech can be a slightly intimidating place for a first time visitor but the staff at Zolah do absolutely everything to make it the most amazingly relaxing holiday you'll have. From the complimentary taxi at the airport, to the offer of a mobile phone to use during your stay (in case you get lost in the souks), to reserving your table at a list of recommended restaurants, to the never ending supply of complimentary mint tea.
Speaking to Jeremy, the owner, he said that when he set up the Riad he asked himself "What would I expect?", and it turns out that he expects quite a lot .... and the Riad delivers.
A few of the highlights of our visit were:
1. The food prepared in the Riad on our second evening was as good as anything we tasted elsewhere, and very well priced.
2. Sitting in the courtyard smoking a shisha, the apple flavour was particulalrly good.
3. Have a hammam or massage. The missus really enjoyed the massage, and I think I enjoyed the hammam (but don't tell the guys at work).
4. Just wandering around Marrakech and taking in the experience, it really is an amazing city.
Many thanks to Ismail, Aziz and Jeremy for making it such a memorable stay.
Is Riad Zolah the best place to stay in Marrakech? I have no idea, I've only stayed at one place, but I can say that when we return to the city we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

1  Thank Slates1
Reviewed 25 November 2008

Having scoured the internet for months, I booked with www.traveljunky.com and i found their website to be very user friendly and excellent value for money...The hotel was fantastic and the experience was one that we will never forget. The staff are friendly and the food was fantastic.

I will be going back next year. I must give a special thankyou to the agents www.TravelJunky.com who were so helpful in finding and building this holiday for us with their website, brilliant.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We left Riad Zolah yesterday morning after three fantastic nights of pure luxury, relaxation and fun. We have done a lot of travelling in our time but nothing comes close to the wonderful experience we had here!

We stayed in suite 1 which was absolutely stunning and made even more special through all the extra little touches - breakfast on the roof terrace, rose petals on the bed every night, complimentary taxis to and from the airport and even little leather slippers to take home with you - and the list goes on!

Thank you so much to Ismail, Aziz and all the other staff who went out of their way to make us feel so special during our stay.

Riad Zolah is a peaceful haven in the middle of bustling Marrakech and even better than the reviews suggest - we will definitely be returning here on our next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2008

Everything that has already been said, I totally agree with. I also had a hammam and a massage at the Riad, and they were both excellent. Complimentary mint tea was also a lovely surprise.

If you are worried about fake reviews, please do not. This property REALLY IS THAT GOOD, it doesn't need them.

I will return to Riad Zolah, and will be recommending to friends.

Reviewed 7 November 2008

Our 5 day stay at the amazing Riad Zolah was truly fabulous! The location couldn't be better placed in the Medina; we walked everywhere!!! The staff: Aziz, Fatima and Ishmail were amazingly attentive to our every need. The food is so wonderful, we only ate out one night!

The decor is simply stunning, and just as exotic as I imagined. This riad is clean and updated with modern facilities. The rooftop terrace is quite large, and beautifully appointed. Definitely the place to rest with a cocktail after lots of sightseeing and shopping! We ate dinner on the rooftop terrace most nights, and it was fabulous.

I know I will stay in Riad Zolah again, and recommend it to everyone! Everything wonderful you read about it in Trip Advisor is so true!!

Karen
Singapore

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Red_Betty
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Riad Zolah and can honestly say, all the reviews are 100% true. If 10 stars were available, I would give it 10 stars! The Riad itself is quite simply stunning and has to be seen to be believed but what makes the whole experience so incredible is the staff and the little touches like the beautiful flowers in the rooms, rose petals scattered on the beds, the handmade soaps, the fresh orange juice, mint tea and biscuits, candles all over the riad at night, the leather slippers and free use of mobile phone....I could go on! The staff are really friendly and so helpful and they organised a fantastic day trip for us into the Atlas mountains as well as recommending some fabulous restaurants-booking for us to ensure we got the table with the best views. Our favourite was Le Tanjia. The Riad is in a great location yet despite being so central, it is so peaceful and relaxing we would forget we were in the middle of marrakech. We can't wait to go back to Riad Zolah and can't recommend it enough!