Riad Zolah
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$470
US$242
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
US$112
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmobile phoneatlas mountainsplunge poolpancakesold cityrooftop terracevisiting marrakechyogurtcouscousomarsoukshammammoroccodriveralleyoasismidst
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2009

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Riad Zolah in September for our Honeymoon.

From our initial contact with Jeremy and Ismail, to the time we checked out I cannot fault them at all. And as my Wife will tell you, I am quite hard to please!

Jeremy and Ismail were always quick to reply to my emails and never seemed to tire of my questions or when arranging things for us in advance.
The Riad itself is tucked away in the heart of the Medina. Some reviewers seemed to find fault with this, well, what did you expect?! Upon entering the big wooden front door (I hate to use cliché's...) it was like entering another world. Safely away from the hustle of Marrakech, Riad Zolah is a beautifully finished and furnished place to stay. Ismail and his staff (Aziz in particular!) were always on hand to help with anything they could or offer advice on things to do and see. The room (suite 2) was just as we had expected. Again, I cannot find fault at all.
Ismail excelled himself with making some superb restaurant suggestions and bookings for us. Always getting us the best seats in the house. Do not miss out on the in house cooking though. It is easily as good as anything else Marrakech has to offer.
Also make sure you book an in house Moroccan Hammam. That is an experience that I will never forget!!

If you are looking for a stunning place to stay for a weekend or even a week, look no further. We will be going back to stay at Riad Zolah again without a doubt. We have stayed in a fair few high end hotels (£500+ per night) and Riad Zolah is easily on par with anything in that league.

1  Thank DR_UK79
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My wife and I sourced this riad on Trip Advisor, as we always do,and expectations were so high we didn't think it could possibly live up to them. It did - and more besides.
We stayed 4 nights, in suite 3, for our wedding anniversary and had chosen Marrakech for 'something a bit different' from our usual breaks.
We have difficulty in putting into words just how we were made to feel at home and part of a big, friendly family.Smiles awaited us round every corner - even on the first night when we went out late, got lost and rang Ismail to come to the rescue.
Ismail and his team are unique in our experience and arranged our private trip to the Atlas Mountains,organised our hammam and massage(not to be missed),advised and discussed where to go, where to eat etc.When we went on the trip or for a taxi Ismail had organised or to a restaurant which was not easy to find, he organised someone to walk with us.
Summing up - this place 'does what it says on the tin' !!

Jill & Mike

1  Thank majdw
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I don't want to repeat all the other reviews, but Riad Zolah is a fabulous place to stay in the heart of the medina. It truly is a tranquil and relaxing place to escape to, especially after the hustle of the souks. My husband and I enjoyed reading our books on the roof terrace and enjoying our mint tea and biscuits.

It was the staff that made our trip memorable. Ismail, Assiz and Omar were so helpful and attentive but not in an overbearing way. They just wanted to make sure we were ok and it showed.The first night we bravely tried to navigate our way to a restuarant in the dark and got lost. Thank god we had a phone and called Ismail to meet us!

I would also like to say the food in the Riad was divine - on a par with a few top restuarants we tried including Le Tobsil and Le Foundouk. So I would definitely recommend a meal Chez Riad.
My husband really wanted to visit Marrakech – and although shopping in the souks is not really my thing, I'm glad we went because staying at the Riad was an experience in itself!

1  Thank buranda1
Reviewed 29 September 2009

My friend and I stayed for a long weekend in September .
Ismail, Aziz and their team make you feel very welcome in what will become your second home. The standard of the rooms is very high with a lot of attention to detail.
The food was by far the best we had in Marrackech. They were always on hand to look after you when you returned from your days adventure. Do not hesitate to stay here, you will not be disappointed. Thats a promise.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank SouthamptonRadiohead
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Situated right in the heart of the Medina, this riad is an oasis of calm and luxury just a couple of minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the souk. Riad Zolah has been beautifully furnished with imaginative attention to detail which has created an atmosphere of colourful opulence. A clever use of space provides secluded seating areas even in the larger reception rooms and the beautiful roof terrace, which gives a feeling of privacy and intimacy even when the riad is full. Ismail and his staff are constantly on hand to offer refreshments - tea, water, freshly squeezed orange juice etc (which are complimentary - no long bill to trawl through at the end of the stay) and advice and suggestions for trips and excursions. A member of staff was also available to both take us and collect us from the local restaurants at night - what incredible service. We ate out at several of the local restaurants but the food in the riad was the best we had. Tea left outside the room in the morning, followed by a delicious breakfast comprising home-made smoothies and pancakes etc served on the roof terrace with steaming pots of coffee started each day off on a high and we regretted only having dinner once in the riad, as this was the most delicious meal we ate throughout the holiday. The riad has its own spa and hamman and I booked an hour long massage which was wonderful. The plunge pool is also an invigorating way to start and end the day. This hotel is meticulously well run and highly well organised and yet it manages to create an atmosphere of calmness and friendliness as if the staff had all the time in the world to deal with you, which meant that we all felt relaxed and spoilt from the moment we walked through the door to the moment we left.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends