“a hidden jewel!”
Review of Riad Zolah

Riad Zolah
Ranked #163 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 4 November 2009

We arrived at Riad Zolah after 26.5 hours of travel and we were transformed from weary travelers to very happy guests. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. I would love to stay here again.

1  Thank elleCA

Reviewed 2 November 2009

From the moment we arrived in Marrakech, we were looked after by the staff at Riad Zolah. We were greeted with warmth and friendship. On our arrival, Ismail (manager) had arranged a small but very instructive cookery lesson with the Riad's Chef. It was just what i had asked for- a fantastic first day.
The room was luxurious with rose petals delicately placed around the room and in the evening the room is lit by candles on your return.
The staff were very attentive but not over so, you have the feeling that you are the only ones in the Riad.
Riad Zolah is situated within easy walking distance to the Souks and a lot of the cultural point of interests. For any excursions that you may Ismail is only to happy to assist.
I highly recommend this Riad and have already booked a return.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank moonfarey
Reviewed 31 October 2009

This is my 2nd time in Marrakech and my first time in a Riad and I will not stay anywhere else when I visit again. Riad Zolah is beautiful, luxurious and reasonably priced. The staff were perfect hosts and the proximity to the souks and the Jamafna Square allowed us to walk everywhere. We had dinner one night in the Riad and the food was very good. Breakfast was also good but I prefer the big buffet breakfasts in hotels. I do not recommend booking a guide in Marrakech because both the guide arranged by Riad Zolah and the one arranged by the hotel during our last visit preferred taking us to shops and bazaars rather than monuments even if we made it clear that we were more interested in history than shopping.

1  Thank jfrreed
Reviewed 29 October 2009

From the moment you enter, you will feel welcomed at Riad Zolah. The common space is very peaceful and attractive. The staff is warm and attentive. Breakfasts were excellent. They even served us before the official time because we had early meetings. Our best dinners in Marrakech were at the riad. I celebrated my birthday there, and they hired (at their expense) musicians to serenade me with their rendition of “Happy Birthday.” Ismail, the manager, is available to help plan day trips and give general advice. We stayed in both suites 1 and 4. Although 4 was a little less expensive, we preferred it because it was divided into two rooms, the bedroom and sitting room, and the shower had better water pressure. Our trip to Marrakech was memorable because we stayed at Riad Zolah.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank 43josie
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My husband and I, both experienced travelers, have never had a more delightful hotel experience. We found Zolah on Trip Advisor, and had high expectations---that were consistently exceeded. The gracious staff anticipated our every need, and helped us plan trips to surrounding country-side and local restaurants. The food, especially the lovely breakfasts on the roof terrace, was wonderful. And we loved the special touches---our own slippers, rose petals and candles in our room every night, a beautiful suite with huge tiled tube and private terrace.

2  Thank wcwrc
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Love love love the Riad Zolah.

Excellent correspondance from the very charming Jeremy prior to our arrival, whom we met on our first night.

We were met from our taxi and wove our way through the crowded streets to a door in a wall that opened onto the most beautiful and tranquil courtyard - a world away from the dirty noisy streets on the other side of the door.

We were greeted with freshly baked cake and mint tea, and Ishmael gave us a tour of the Riad which was stunning. Beautiful luxe rose-petal strewn rooms, with fresh and dried fruit aplenty!

So refreshing not to be charged for every little extra - the staff couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating including a thorough orientation, providing maps and a mobile phone for us to use during our stay.

We ate dinner in the Riad, and I can honestly say it was one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten - authentic Moroccan cuisine - and Fatima even gave me some of the spices so I could replicate the Tajine.

Breakfast was a real treat - serevd on the beautiful roof terrace...I've come home craving the amazing pineapple puree they served on the first morning.

Marrakesh itself was a sensorial overload - the smells, sounds and colours are quite overwhelming. Just beware the "friendly locals" who may appear very charming, but then appoint themsleves as your unofficial tour guide, and will try to extort money out of yoy. If you need directions I would suggest you ask one of the shop owners, as they won't be able to accompany you!

We had a hammam and a massage at the Riad Zolah which was fantastic - I was exfoliated to within an inch of my life, and then had a relaxing massage - not cheap - but I floated all the way to the airport.

Also had a good lunch at Cafe Arabe, which is seconds from the Riad.

There were a couple of minor shortcomings - the second morning there didn't appear to be much hot water first thing (but there was after breakfast) - but to be honest I'd forgive them anything for the level of service we recieved- would recommend the Riad Zolah to anyone wanting to visit this city.

1  Thank SW73
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We have just returned from a fabulous stay at Riad Zolah. The service and attention to detail were fantastic. We stayed in Suite 6 which is beautiful, quiet and secluded on the roof terrace. It was lovely to come back from an evening out to be greeted by candles and rose petals . The food was great especially the breakfast and we were always welcomed back with the offer of tea or soft drinks. Ismail, Fatima ,Aziz and Omar all made our first visit to Marrakech very special !

1  Thank acaconn