“An enchanting hideaway in the Medina”
Review of Riad Boussa

Riad Boussa
Ranked #13 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“An enchanting hideaway in the Medina”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was my second time staying at Riad Boussa after a memorable first time 7 years ago and we were welcomed by the lovely Brigette who owns and runs the boutique riad. She kindly arranged a taxi service from the airport as well as a porter to show us to the riad otherwise one could easily get lost and is highly recommended. It is ideally situated within the Medina down some cobbled streets amongst the maize of hideaway homes and alleyways away from the hustle and bustle of the souks. It's quiet, tranquil, very relaxing and perfect for a short stay, the rooms are comfortable, clean and the little touches of the bed being turned back before going to bed and light refreshments in the evening added that extra special service. Once we were settled Brigette was kind enough to help make our stay memorable by recommending several restaurants and tourist attraction to see and places to avoid. We mapped out our days events according to her recommendations which we were very grateful for. One of the highlights was her recommendation of Les Baines De Marrakech Spa for a traditional hammam and massage. Her staff were very friendly and only too pleased to help make your stay more comfortable. One can't forget the very friendly permanent guest O'Maley the cat who makes a point of welcoming each guest but in return loves a bit of attention. I couldn't fault Riad Boussa and highly recommend it for your stay while in Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Grant,

A first stay at Riad BOUSSA 7 years ago. And another one this month.
It was really a pleasure to welcome you again for a new stay.
We were glad to give you informations and advices again to help you to spend a very good time at Marrakech.
Grant, please, dont wait so many years to come back again !!
Kind regards
Brigitte
Riad BOUSSA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Reviewed 11 December 2013

You would never guess what hides behind the large wooden door on one of the many alleyways that runs from the medina (about a 7 minute walk from the main square). The answer is a haven. We were welcomed in to the light, airy courtyard with a glass of (the seemingly endless) mint tea. We then spent about an hour with Brigitte as she gave us huge numbers of recommendations for our stay, advising us of places to see, places to eat, ares to seek out and areas to avoid. She also offered to book us for a hamman at her favourite spa. All of her recommendations were great. The Riad is beautiful with lovely areas to sit and relax in, including sun loungers and seating areas on the roof terrace - we loved our breakfasts in the sun!
Brigitte and her team are wonderfully helpful, welcoming and friendly. We had a great stay and would thoroughly recommend this riad. Thank you!!

Rosie (from London)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Rosie,

Like your friend Faye you wrote a message on this famous website to share your feeling with the future guests. It's really kind from you !!
It was a pleasure to welcome you, really, you were very nice !!
Come back when you want for more adventures.

Warmest regards
Brigitte, Ali and Riad BOUSSA team
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed here with a friend mid November 2013. Riad Boussa had been recommended by a friend and when I booked a twin room for us online Brigitte (the owner) quickly emailed me to offer us a free upgrade to a bigger room given that we were staying for four nights.
Riad Boussa is down some small passageways very near the to the main square. The location is excellent. When you knock on the door you are taken into a beautiful Riad courtyard, candlelit and homely. Brigitte gave us a very warm welcome and recommended lots of restaurants and places for us to go - she was spot on with all her suggestions and we were so grateful as it helped us to get the most out of our trip.
Rooms are of an excellent standard and breakfast on the sunny roof terrace was delicious. The staff working at the Riad were all great and couldn't have been more helpful.
I would definitely recommend Riad Boussa, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Faye,

Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor.
We know you spent good time at Riad BOUSSA and it's really nice from you to have shared your feeling with the future guests.
That was a pleasure to welcome you and to help you to organise your stay.

Best wishes from the Riad BOUSSA staff.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights mid-November and was so pleased with the place that I felt right at home. Loads of seating areas and magazines to read along with a good selection of music. Although the small street to get to it is a bit of a meander, it is very safe (do take the carossa from the main place if you have luggage). The Riad is very well located as the souks are rights there. It's also very quiet compared to other riads I've stayed at. I'm a light sleeper and didn't even have to wear my earplugs and the usual call to prayer did not wake me. I was quite surprised considering its proximity to Jemaa el Fna. Brigitte and her staff are most welcoming and very professional. I also quite appreciated the presence of her two cats (lost mine recently...). Very nice breakfast is served on the lovely roof terrace or down in the courtyard if you so wish. I would come back here in a heartbeat if I'm in Marrakech again. Highly recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Josée,
Thank you so much for your review and the very nice pictures you sent.
You felt like at home at Riad BOUSSA. We like that.
Of course we remember your delicious accent from Québec.
We know you live really far from Morocco but if you plan another travel to enjoy again this nice country come back at Riad BOUSSA.
We will welcome you again with pleasure.
Have a good Christmas time (without snow, sure !!).
Warmest regards fom the Riad BOUSSA staff
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2013

First of all, Brigitte (Owner) & Ali were two of the most hospitable people I have ever met in the hospitality industry. However I will have to say that they felt more like family, then those who were managing the beautiful riad that my friend and I stayed at.

Moving along to the riad itself. My friend and I arrived super late in the evening, but were greeted by a man in a wheelbarrow who helped us to carry our luggage to the labyrinth that Marrakech is. Once we reached the Riad, were greeted by Ali who provided us with our first Moroccan mint tea experience. The riad is beautiful. It looks like a set out of a beautiful film with rich hues, small bodies of water and warm light complemented by homely/regal furniture. The room is gorgeous and you almost don't want to leave the Riad or room to venture outside, but of course you must!

Logistics and recommendations from Brigitte were amazing. For two girls traveling on our own, she definitely provided great insight into what we should (not) do as travelers and especially foreigners. She provided everything down to a T - where to buy moroccan oil, where to have coffee for a good view, where to eat and how to respond to the merchants. In addition, she literally laid everything out on a map and how much taxi rides would be. This was key because otherwise we would have gotten ripped off by taxis refusing to use the meter and charing 2-3X's the normal rate.

Last but not least, the food. We had breakfast and a dinner as a sit down meal at the Riad. Both meals were fresh and amazing. I would not have minded having all my meals on the terrace upstairs (breakfast) or a candelight dinner on the ground floor (dinner). Brigitte & Ali were also kind enough to prepare us breakfast and coffee in the morning when we had to wake up super early to catch our tour to the zagora.

Thank you for your warmth & hospitality Brigitte and Ali. It was an unforgettable experience and I will definitely continue to recommend your riad. Must go & enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Jane,
Like I told you on your e-mail box, what can we say except THANK YOU !!
To read your review was really a pleasure...
Thank you again.
Take care of you
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Riad Boussa was the perfect little getaway from the bustle of Marrakech. When my girlfriend and I walked it, it felt like we stepped into an oasis. Brigitte was a marvelous host, attending to all of our needs and desires. We stayed at two other riads and Brigitte's was by far my favorite.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Beurgit, Propriétaire at Riad Boussa, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hello Alex and Melissa,
Thank you for your kind review on tripadvisor.
We always do our best to offer a stay very enjoyable to all the people we welcome.
Thank you to have shared your feeling with the future guests.
And come back when you want for more adventures ..
Warmest regards from all the Riad BOUSSA staff
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 15 November 2013

From Japan, I stayed for 3 days in September with family.
It is a great riad to be any reviews.
Riad is clean and stylish, access from Fna Square good, homely riad we can relax.
There seems to be the oasis in Marrakech chaotic.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

We stayed with the 6-year-old daughter.
Usually, children under 8 years old can not be staying in Riad Boussa, but I really wanted to stay at Riad Boussa, so ask to Riad owner Brigitte, at last we were able to get accepted by the special.
My daughter can not speak English, but Brigitte told to her gently in English. Ali often told her in a few word Japanese too. Staff Housekeeper was kindly help us dry the laundry. Everyone so kindly.
I heared from my daugher, best memories in Marrakech of her is breakfast to eat on the terrace of Riad ! She is always talking about the memories of Riad after returning. The memories of Minette and O'Malley and Ali and Brigitte.

Special thank you for Brigitte and Ali.
Some day I want to visit again and to show growth of daughter.

Kanako,Tatsuya and Mihana