“An Oasis amidst the chaos”

Riad Les Trois Mages
Ranked #13 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My first trip to Marrakech began with a stay in this Riad in the Bahai room. We arrived in the early evening after a rather hectic Royal Air Maroc experience. Upon arrival in Marrakech, what an eye opener to the uninitiated with the noise, the chaos, the people, the motorcycles, the cars, the sheep... With each turn off of the main road, the road shrunk from small, to narrow, to a virtual alley. The car parked at the entrance of one of these alleys and our driver walked us through a maze and after a couple of turns, stopped at a large wooden door (I confess I was getting a little concerned at this point). The door opened and we were greeted by the friendly smiling face of Mouhsin (I apologize for any misspelling). And behind him...the Oasis: The courtyard of Riad Trois Mages. Our host immediately offered us a refreshment (as he did every night afterwards), then took us to the Bahia room upstairs. It was beautifully appointed and true to any photos professionally posted. Once settled Mouhsin recommended restaurants within close walking distance, then promptly made a reservation for us on the terrace of the chosen restaurant without being asked. Be sure to stay at the Riad for dinner one night. The food is every bit as good as any restaurant you will find. The staff was always friendly and smiling (even when carting our breakfast or dinner up to the terrace for us!). Aziz, the day manager is very pleasant, professional and knowledgeable, particularly with tips for surviving the Souks. Everyday was as enjoyable as our first impression that we believe set the tone for our entire trip in Morocco. We highly recommend this jewel. Be sure to book a room upstairs if not the Bahai room, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: The rooms in the courtyard offer less privacy as they open directly into the courtyard. I couldn...
2  Thank Pshn4life
There are newer reviews for Riad Les Trois Mages

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have just returned from my 6th visit to this Riad and again I was not disappointed. My lovely warm welcome after the flight followed by a delicious meal sent me to bed already relaxing in my favourite room, Arabesque. Aziz, the new manager, is a find! I noticed subtle differences like a new taxi service from the airport or incense and scented oils around which was lovely. He was around all day every day and always making sure guests had whatever they wanted. The maps he gave out had all been carefully marked with focal points to guide you and roads marked for walks and contact numbers for the riad and him - it must have taken hours but very helpful. As usual the girls who look after the rooms were keeping all up to scratch and Saida fed everyone excellently as usual. I had my dinner there every night and every night there was something different. See you all soon

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Ask for the Bahai room we loved it. Aziz was extremely helpful and Mouhsin even walked us to a restaurant the night of our arrival. Arranged airport pickup everything was seamless. Wonderful breakfast on the rooftop terrace. Perfect three cheers for the Riad Trois

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank coyoteman
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this Riad. The service was impeccable. The breakfasts were served to us in any room and on any floor including the terrace. This was a very pretty place and very clean. Azziz the manager was extremely nice to us and very accommodating. The staff were very nice and pleasant at all times. Every time we returned to the Riad we were offered coffee or tea again served to us anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room
1  Thank Backsupport
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Riad Les Trois Mages was an unbelievable find. We were lucky to stay here during our first visit to Marrakech. From the time we made the booking, I was emailing with Aziz to coordinate transfers, dinners and tours and he was extremely responsive and quick with answers and solutions. The Riad was so lovely, we had a hard time leaving to venture out into the souks! The rooftop terrace is lovely and the plunge pool is a nice way to cool off after a day of exploring. We felt extremely safe the entire time we were here. Either Aziz or Mouhsin the night guard were always available to answer questions or even to run out and get a Diet Coke for us! The location of the Riad is easy to find once you know your way around. Aziz will review the map with you upon arrival but I recommend arranging for a guide for the first day until you find your bearings. We arranged a tour with Mohammed and he was very nice, and let us navigate our way back to the Riad from the square so we would be confident on our own. Meals were great, we had two dinners and a lunch, in addition to the daily breakfast. I cannot recommend Riad les Trois Mages highly enough!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Melchior room on the ground floor by the kitchen and terrace. It might get loud at...
1  Thank Elbrew24
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Perfect place to stay. We came with another couple for my birthday. Aziz the manager and his team couldn't do enough for us and were so friendly. When we asked for something they didn't have they went and got it from the shops! Rooms were lovely and romantic and recently refurbished. Several stylish and relaxing seating areas and a great rooftop terrace with pool. Breakfast was lovely. Highly recommended, a real romantic and relaxing Oasis from the noise and crowds of the town.

1  Thank Adrian F
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed as part of a G Adventures Local Living Marrakech tour and could not have been happier with my stay. I arrived alone and was greeted by the wonderful Aziz who manages the Riad. What a gentleman! He looked after me from start to finish and he couldn't have been more accommodating. He escorted me to and from my hammam treatment in the maze of the medina and waited with me for my taxi to the airport when my transfer didn't turn up. The Riad itself was luxury at its best. I had the pick of 5 bedrooms all of which were beautiful. The other staff were friendly and always smiling and always on hand with mint tea and assistance of any kind. I recommend anyone staying here do the cooking class which I enjoyed immensely even though I had saffron stuck in my nails for days afterwards! Particularly enjoyed the market shopping with Saida, the Riad cook and of course the wonderfully laid out dinner we had prepared and cooked ourselves. One of the best experiences and definitely the best accommodation I had during a three month trip where I stayed in many hotels, from budget to boutique to luxury. I would class the Riad as the perfect mix of boutique/luxury! Well done Aziz and team - keep up the great work! Jo

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the rooms on the ground floor which despite being right by the kitchen, dining an...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo