“Peace and quiet in the bustling Medina of Marrakech”

Riad Les Trois Mages
Ranked #12 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 1 May 2014

An authentic Riad in the heart of the Medina. Unpretentious and original with friendly and attentive staff for whom nothing was a trouble. Unusually, for a Riad, the pool was on the roof terrace which makes it more user-friendly rather than the more usual ground floor plunge pool. A comfortable base from which you can explore the Medina, Marrakech and places beyond. The manager, Aziz, was extremely helpful in arranging dinner reservations and taxis with reputable operators.
All-in-all, a delightful, restful and authentic Moroccan vacation enhanced by a warm welcome and charming staff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MatheratMinto
There are newer reviews for Riad Les Trois Mages

Reviewed 1 May 2014

A beautiful Riad in the midst of the old Medina. Beautifully furnished and decorated with wonderfully relaxing rooms and open spaces, the roof terrace in particular with the pool, a heavenly place to relax and recuperate after a hectic day in the souks. The staff are without exceptional, wonderfully attentive without ever being intrusive and nothing is too much trouble. Assif is a mine of knowledge and will find, arrange and advise on all matters to perfection. Please visit this wonderful Riad if you are thinking of visiting Marrakech, I promise, you won't regret it

Room Tip: The Bahia suite is a must, but in fairness all are lovely from the sneaks that I took!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TimW1535
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here last year (sorry for the late review). The Riad is an oasis within busy Marrakech and lovely to come back to after a day out sight seeing. We stayed in the lovely large Bahia suite. The Riad itself is charming with many different seating areas to make you feel as if you had the place to yourself. Loved the roof terrace where we had a quiet afternoon reading, dozing and cooling off in the plunge pool. We had dinner here on our first night and food was the most delicious we had during our trip. I highly recommend a half or full day guided tour of Marrakech as soon as you arrive. Apart from learning about historic sites and places of interest within the old town which you may otherwise miss if you were on your own, it was useful having the guide to help us gain our bearings and point out landmarks so we could navigate our own way in the coming days on our own. Overall, fab time at this Charming Riad which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miaind
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lovely riad in Marrkaesh although I struggled to find it - the location on Google maps is not where it's actually located, it's a few streets away so a local boy offered to help me find it but then got irate when I didn't have enough to give him as I didn't have any coins left. The owner of the riad was kind enough to give him something though.

The room was beautiful and Aziz was lovely ensuring I had some tea and cake upon arrival. It was a shame that I was there for only one night and had an early flight the next day as I didn't get there until late afternoon.

I booked an early taxi for my morning flight with Aziz and asked for a wake up reminder just in case I slept through my alarm but didn't get the reminder, so luckily I didn't sleep through. Also I had to wake up the night watchman in the morning and then I started to panic when the taxi driver wasn't at the hotel to escort me to the taxi (I was too scared to hunt out a taxi in the dark in the early hours of the morning) but the night watchman took me to him as the taxi driver too was asleep and not answering his mobile.

I was meant to travel with my husband but he couldn't make it at the last minute so I think if I was travelling on my own I'd stay a bit closer to the town centre as I felt a bit freaked out dragging my suitcase around and not finding the riad's location when I was on my own but the room and the riad itself was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Clea700
lestroismages, Owner at Riad Les Trois Mages, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi Clea
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. It was a shame your husband was unable to come, and as a lone female traveller we can understand how you may have found negotiating your way on your own a bit daunting. As previous reviews have noted, Les Trois Mages is actually very conveniently located, once you have found your bearings. Unfortunately another riad (Riad Les Bougainville)has been wrongly tagged to the location of Les Trois Mages on Google maps and we have tried on numerous occasions to have this amended to no avail. Google have told us we are on a waiting list that can take up to 2 years! We are really sorry this caused you distress, and we advise all our guests to contact us to arrange transfers or get directions prior to arrival. Aziz had arranged for a driver to collect you from your previous hotel, but I understand you cancelled this a couple of days before arrival, advising you would make your own way. Our website has details of our GPS COORDINATES : 31.635237, -7.993082, and all guests who contact us prior to arrival are given a map, and the direct telephone number of the riad, and Aziz's mobile number. Should anyone have trouble finding the riad just call and we can arrange for a member of the team to come and meet you.
We are delighted you found the staff helpful and would have liked to have stayed longer.
I have spoken to Aziz & Mouhsine about the issue with your early call. Mouhsine was extremely remorseful at having slept in and has asked me to pass on his apologies. This has never happened before, and we can fully understand this would have added to your anxiety at getting to your early flight on time. As we understand it the taxi driver was actually waiting in his car on the main road Rue El Gza so Mouhsine did escort you to the car in time for your flight. Having had such a short time to experience the riad, we really hope you will consider returning to Les Trois Mages, and thank you again for your lovely comments.

Tony & Anna

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just spent three nights and very pleased with our choice. Good location - easily reached from bus station or taxi. Easy walk into centre of Medina. Very helpful staff - lots of advice upon arrival and tea/coffee/water available all the time. Lovely roof terrace for relaxation and plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: Choose any room upstairs - more private
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tms2indub
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Charming ambience, wonderful service (Aziz was a standout in Morocco for help) and the food was amazing. The Fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings with special crepes were wonderful. Dinners were among he best we had in Morocco. Room was large and reasonably quiet. Cozy places to relax and the rooftop warm pool was a welcome relief from chaotic busy days in medina or touring. Located in the heart of the action. Staff are all welcoming and wonderful

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pinelakemo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in Les Trois Mages for 5 nights. From the very start, all the staff were extremely helpful and made us feel at home and looked after. The riad is an oasis of calm, is beautifully decorated and has lots of communal areas to sit and relax. Our room (Bahia suite) was stunning. The location was also good as we were about a 20 min walk from the main square with lots of shops and places to eat along the way. There is also a lovely little plunge pool to relax in on the roof. We loved the city and loved having our riad as a little haven to come back to and relax. They also helped with booking our excursions/restaurants etc and nothing was ever too much to ask. Thank you so much to
Aziz, Mouhsine and the ladies for looking after us so well!

• Stayed: April 2014