“Little gem”
Review of Dar Fakir

Dar Fakir
Ranked #336 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Just back from a lovely 3 nights stay at the Dar Fakir. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was made to feel very welcome. Kerstin was a great help and with our welcome meeting we felt very confident that we would have a great stay. The Riad is very calm and peaceful even though you are only minutes away from the square. The location is perfect and when you are walking down the streets you can never imagine that such a beautiful place exists. The staff are very helpful and alway at hand so I would deffinatly recommend Dar Fakir if anybody wants the Moroccan experience! Once again thanks Kerstin! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2013

What can I say, if you want Moroccan charm mixed with European service then Dar Fakir is your place.

From the style to the staff, our experience was excellent. We had a number of good tips of where to visit and probably ate our best meal on the first evening. The staff looked after our group and the building was like a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of the crazy Medina streets.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Spend some 30-40 Dirhams for a guide from Dschemma al Fna place to the riad - without you wouldn't find it the first time. A warm hospitality in a familiar atmosphere and very oriental rooms made our stay of 4 nights a really good event. We felt very well an d will go back there, sure!

Room Tip: Though the smaller rooms are very pretty - allow yourself (and after all your wife) one of the great...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. This is a beautiful Riad with a very accommodating Manager/Owner always on hand to help or advise.
This is a very open traditional style riad with rooms that all open out on to a lovely courtyard balcony, its very much a home away from home. Not forgetting the amazing roof terrace of course. Also lovely shampoos and shower gel miniatures.
However if you are looking for a very private room, then this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have to apologise to Dar Fakir for posting this review so late. My husband and I organised a private house party at Dar Fakir for my 40th birthday celebrations in Jan this year. I searched thoroughly for the right place, as we wanted a luxurious but intimate feel for our guests. Dar Fakir, encapsulates everything you want in an exotic Marrakech experience, firstly it is beautifully tucked away down an old cobbled street that can only be accessed by foot, 5 mins from the square. This added an immediate adventure for our guests arriving at the decorative lantern lit wooden door. The interior is so chic and tastefully decorated in neutral palettes... Divine! It really comes alive at night when the lanterns are lit and the moroccan music is playing in the background. I appreciated the added touch of large vases of fresh roses placed around the Riad and in the rooms. Each room is individually decorated with stunning oversized ceiling lanterns that light up the cream walls with drama at night. We arranged a lunch on the sunlit terrace for our guests on arrival, we asked for a light moroccan lunch of salads and barbecued meats... It was a delicious feast(not so light)! That evening, Kerstin the manager arranged for the Riad to be lavishly decorated with lanterns and flower petals, so when our guests came out of their rooms for dinner they were instantly transported into a moroccan delight that set the mood for the evening. Kerstin arranged for pre dinner cocktails to be made and served on the terrace and then we went downstairs to enjoy our banquet meal of huge tagines and cous cous. It was some of the best food we ate during our stay and I would highly recommend going there just for dinner. The setting was everything I had hoped for ... We sat on a long low table with cushions and candlelight. It was the perfect first night for our guests, we finished the evening with drinks by the fire in one of their cozy open corner nooks. On my 40th, Kerstin recommended we go to their sister restaurant for dinner which is conveniently situated only 3 mins walk away, Le Salama. We arranged a huge banquet, including the highlight of slow roasted moroccan lamb, among many other delights. It was delicious, the perfect place to celebrate (we loved the music and belly dancing). Friends enjoyed the nearby spa the following day after a late night. We finished our long weekend with dinner in the desert by sunset in luxury bed win tents. The whole weekend ran smoothly with the help of Kerstin the hotel manager, she went out of her way to ensure all our needs were met. She was also very patient on the run up to the weekend, with my numerous emails and questions... Thank you to all the staff at Dar Fakir for the most wonderful 40th birthday weekend that I will never forget nor will my friends and family that loved every minute of their luxury moroccan adventure...... Karen and Mark

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tresanton
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was my second stay at the riad. I came here to Marrakech with family and we were staying at another riad but had too leave immediately. Luckily I had stayed here a few months back and had Kirsten details so we checked in the second day of our holiday. This place is amazing and absolutely value for money. Your only minutes away from the hustle and bustle. The workers are all helpful especially Aziza and Hannah who is fluent in English. I will be coming back and certainly staying here. Everyone at Dar Fakir thank you for a wonderful stay and your warm hospitality.

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning in their own way. Very clean and fresh.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This riad is perfect!
I booked dar fakir exclusively for 14 of us to celebrate my 30th birthday and explore a new places and the building and it's staff helped with our whole experience, I'd love to return one day....... with some HP sauce and cheese for Kirsten the very helpful (and patient) manager!
Pictures don't do this riad justice, its so much more than I expected and I've been looking at the website for a year! Even the smell as you enter is inviting.
We were met by Kirsten who told us about the local area over a glass of mint tea and was so welcoming we got a bit comfortable and nearly cleaned her out if beers!
The staff, especially Hannah were amazing and produced anything food and drink related we asked for with a smile.
We had dinner in the riad on our first night and it was lovely, no one left a thing!
All our trips out and about were sorted by Kirsten almost without us doing anything and we enjoyed all we did.... including our shopping and bartaring which we had advise for too!
Thank you all for making the start of my old age fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
DarFakir1, General Manager at Dar Fakir, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Wonderful, I will never say no to a guests coming with HP sauce ;) The sooner the better! On a more serious note, we really enjoyed seeing how much fun you were having and are very happy to hear that the whole group enjoyed their stay. I know that even my staff will remember your group for quite some time. It was great how much you took advantage of having exclusive rental and actually enjoyed spending the time in the riad. Our beer stock is ready for your next visit.