Primly positioned in strolling distance of the atmospheric square and hustle a bustle like no other of the souk; whose pathways lead into its vibrant depths, enticing you like the open lids of lavishly filled treasure chests. The raid although only a corner away from such frenetic and fascinating activity is a haven nestled in a quite alleyway of the Medina. Coppery orange walls come either side of its entrance marked by a lofty wooden door, which when opened unveils a sanctuary of peace and calm in a modest and beautiful setting.
You will be greeted by the sincere, friendly and hospitable characters of Mounseff or Youseff. From arrival to the moment you leave they will do all they can to look after you and your party – you may, like I was, be filled with a sense of home-from-home. Their rich knowledge, of the area and community will ensure you are able to make the absolute most of your time and will be as much of a gem as the hidden ones you will find and haggle for in the souk.
I couldn’t help but notice the sweet pleasing aroma which hung in the air of my room when I first entered and was told the scent was for “happiness” - indeed that I felt. The Rooms are clean and subtle details and variants in the layout make them unique from the next. In signature of most chambers, is a concession of electric blue stained glass stars, which feature above the doorway, meaning you, will sleep with stars above each night.
After a day wondering the maze of the Medina, being charmed by snakes in the square or searching for leather pouffes, lanterns, spices, besides so much more beyond imagination in the souk; you can, and will be yearning to lull in the cool refreshing waters of the pool to the sounds of soothing jazz music. Or you could climb to the roof terrace, lie out on a lounger and go face-to-face with the brilliant blue back-drop of the sky embodied with its golden sun and allow its warm arms to wrap around your body.
I am certain these elements will go towards forming in you in your mind genuinely fond memories of your stay in Les Bougainvilliers and Marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marrakesh 4-star Riad les Bougainvilliers, located in Riad Zitoune Lakdim, only five minutes away from the Djemaa el Fna square, offers a special holiday in Morocco, in one of the country's most enchanting cities, rich in souks, narrow streets, palaces, mosques, handicraft and Islamic Art Museums. Passed the Riad's entrance you will be fascinated by a patio hosting a flowered garden with banana and palm trees. A second patio hosts the swimming pool, while the indoor lounge and the terrace offer the ideal atmosphere to read a book and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Riad Les Bougainvilliers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Marrakech