All these reviews don't lie ... Dar Najat is a gem among the thousands of riad options in Marrakech. Conveniently located (just a 5-min walk to the Jemaa El Fna). The riad itself was charming and uniquely decorated. I understand that some might simply prefer more modern accommodations (in which case, the new part of town is probably your best bet).
We had 3 to a room (with an extra bed - actually just a mattress on the floor). A little tight and some luxuries lacking but it wasn't a big deal since we weren't in our room all that much.
What makes Dar Najat is the service. Oliver and I had emailed back and forth numerous times before my trip so that I could arrange things in advance (airport pickup, dinner reservations at the riad, a half-day tour). Everything was wonderfully arranged.
- Half-day city tour arranged through the riad. Our guide, Abdou, was amazing! So patient, even when we woke up late b/c of jet lag. Took us to a bunch of spots, including a camel ride in Palmeraie, Bahia Palace, the Saadian tombs and the Jardin Marjorelle. Also stopped at a herboriste to buy argan oil and an indoor artisan shopping area where the prices are fixed at very reasonable prices.
Dinner at the riad was good but I think it was pricey for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Dar Najat,Traveller's Choice 2015 by Trip Advisor. "Coolest Boutique Riad in Marrakech" is a very intimate riad with a hot tube Jacuzzi on the roof terrace, 5 minute walk away from the famous and colourful Jemaa el Fna market area, right in the heart of the Medina of Marrakesh. This romantic 4-star boutique guesthouse has been freshly renovated to offer even more comfort and elegance than before. Let our friendly staff cater to your every request, and pamper you in lush, tranquil surroundings. Stepping out the front door takes you back to a former era, with the ancient, echoing sounds of the medina, Jemaa el Fna and the hectic hubbub of Marrakech life. After a busy day of exploration and shopping in this vibrant and exotic city, you can leave it all behind by enjoying a delicious meal or drink on one of our terraces, soothing your body in our rooftop jacuzzi, or just retiring to the warm, peaceful intimacy of your quiet and well-appointed room. Riad Dar Najat is a proud member of the "Coolest Riads in Morocco" Collection and we'll be more than glad if you try our new luxury guest house in Essaouira,Riad Bab Essaouira"Dar Najat's little sister Riad" with the possibility to have a " Marrakech/Essaouira Package Deal "for our best rates.cheers! Oliver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Riad Dar Najat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Najat Marrakech
- Riad Dar Najat Hotel Marrakech