“Thumbs up for Marrakech, DOWN for this Riad”
Review of Riad Hayati

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Hayati
Ranked #204 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
UK
“Thumbs up for Marrakech, DOWN for this Riad”
Reviewed 10 October 2008

My partner and I just came back from a few days in Marrakech.
We booked into this particular riad because we heard so much about it on TA. It is a shame that it did not resemble what we expected it to.

Our greeting was not the friendly warm one we thought we would receive, but a rushed hasty one.

Our room was nice and comfortable, although for the price we were being charged, I thought the furniture and fixtures and fittings, would not have been of such poor quality.
Breakfast was good but if offered a decent choice, it would have been better.

Assistance with excursions and restaurant reservations appeared to be commission driven because neither were that good. The riad really does seem to be very much money orientated, and honestly not good value. The guide they provided was constantly trying to take us into craft shops and spice shops, in the end we had to be quite rude to him, and insist that we did not want to do any shopping, just to see the sites.

We stumbled upon a couple of very nice restaurants on our own, ‘Le Square’ in the new part of town, and ‘Le Biz’, also in the new town, but a bit further out. Both come highly recommended serving good French food.

Marrakech seems to be a place where you are, or should, be on guard all the time, from the moment you arrive at the airport to the times you venture out of the riad. I thought riads were supposed to be places you go to escape all this madness, but at this riad, we found this madness as well.

• Disliked — Lack of Service, Poor quality furnishing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dsaunders38
HartLondon, Owner at Riad Hayati, responded to this review, 29 October 2008
No guest at Riad Hayati has ever made such claim.

It is clear that the writer of this review has never stayed with us.

RC
Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mimi102
Reviewed 1 October 2008

We have stayed in some of the top rated hotels in the world and we are not easy to please. It took us 1 month of research to find the hotel we thought was right for us in Marrakesh, this one blew us away.

We had the new suite which is a great room with plunge pool just the ticket for a afternoon cool down, worth every penny. The staff are just so well trained, they are elegant, courteous and anticipate your every need, abdul cannot do enough for the you. The staff to guest ratio was amazing. Food was consistently excellent the best meal i had in marrakesh was at hayati thank you mina, the riad has to be the best in the area, After one day the staff remember what you like and deliver it, all low key and total focus on service and doing whatever they can to make your stay perfect.

If you are looking for a riad in marrakesh i promise you will love it.

• Liked — The location, Service,
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 26 September 2008

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. The hotel is quite nice looking and the rooms are quite nice - as long as you hold your breath. My friend and I both experienced an unpleasant odor in our separate rooms. The staff were far more interested in their own appearance than helping with any problems we may have had. Marrakech is a great city but this riad ruined our trip .. stay away!!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank floobydooby
HartLondon, Owner at Riad Hayati, responded to this review, 29 September 2008
For the entire month of June, the riad was rented exclusively to a repeat guest and his family.

It is therefore impossible that the writer of this review ever stayed with us.

RC
Owner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My partner and I have just returned from the Riad Hayati. We had an absolutely wonderful stay. The attention to detail and personal service was fanatastic. This was helped by the hard work from all the wonderful staff. A special mention to the houseman Abdul whose gentle and warm nature made us feel truely at home. I would thoroughly recommend the Riad to anyone who wants to be well looked after and relax!

• Liked — The wonderful calming atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
France
Reviewed 22 August 2008

This was the most superb holiday my husband and I have ever had --- Magical, really. It started with being picked up at the airport, then walking through the Moroccan streets to a venue of utter calm -- a combination of sophisticated comfort and personal service. We went with several other friends and had dinner together beautifully cooked and served. There were drinks before in the lovely courtyard. Charming people waited on us -- always there but never intrusive. I recommend it unequivocably . My greatest hope is to be able to go there again !

• Liked — The utter charm of it.
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 17 August 2008

This Riad was recommended to me by a colleague and I would definately recommend it to others.
The Riad is achingly chic. The pool is bliss. Very clean and beautifully decorated. Very impressed. Good value for money too. Once you walk into the Riad from the madness of the medina, you at once feel the tranquility and calm aura of the place.
Overall, I would say this is the best place I have stayed since I can remember. Enjoy! I did. :)

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — cant think of anything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
New York, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2008

I would just like to add my thanks to Ron and his staff at Riad Hayati.

This is a success story that reflects a vision of what the "riad experience" should be. Firstly, there is the design: an 18th century merchantt's home lovingly restored with cool white background, dark woods and slashes of colour from antique kilims and original Middle Eastern art. Simple doors lead to wonderful salons or cozy nooks; mysterious staircaes lead to an ultra-private suite with its own terrace and small pool.

In Arab tradition there is a fragrant garden, small fountains and charming songbirds. Hayati is a veritable serendipity, with little delightful surprises at every turn.

More than anything, this is an elegant home with heart. The unassuming ambiance is truly restorative with a staff that we won't soon forget. Their personal attention to detail and our comfort was faultless without being overbeareing. I can't remember when or where we have been so beautifully and quietly spoiled.

Emma Shephard

• Liked — Its ambiance, comfort and expert caer by staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple