Le Riad Monceau
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$138
US$105
All reviewsthe main squarepasha suiteprivate jacuzzicooking classthe hustle and bustlejemaa ellovely riadhotel restauranthammam spafirst floorsmall alleyan oasis of peacemoroccan pastriesshort stayheart of marrakechhighly recommend this riadbig square
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I recently stayed here at a friend's recommendation and was very very happy with my stay. The Riad is a gorgeous property with breath-taking interiors. My suite was huge and was done up so tastefully! I was in love with the authentic moroccan decor of my massive bathroom. It really made me feel like a royal on a clandestine trip! Riad Monceau is located in the middle of the city's main market area and you'd think that it gets loud here but it does not. The design of the hotel is such that all rooms remain private. I ate at the hotel restaurant once at the Manager's insistence and their spread of kebabs and meats was delicious. The rooftop restaurant has lovely views of the place and my dinner was well spent with some friendly tourists and some good hookah. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed with my wife.

Good points:

1. Beautiful interior with traditional design, lovely room. Very romantic.
2. Good restaurant - great for your first night and one of the better restaurants in Marrakech that we visited
3. Friendly and helpful staff
4. Lovely roof terrace - can look out at the stars at night
5. Very clean, room cleaned daily
6. The surrounding area (medina) was very run down indeed. This riad was very much an oasis.
7. We ate generally in the new town - hivernage. This was because the area surrounding the hotel, including the square, was a tourist trap and food really didn't look good. The new town had some great restaurants (e.g
Le Comptoire) that were reasonably priced. These were just over 10 minutes walk from Riad Monceau - so it is well situated.

Downsides:

1. In comparison to the excellent evening meal, breakfast was not so good - cornflakes, bread, coffee - so pretty basic. Bread not fresh.

2. Wifi only really worked in reception not rooms. That said it is a romantic getaway so perhaps that's a good thing!

Overall a beautiful romantic hotel for couples with great staff and good food. A great choice if you want to be situated in the heart of old Marrakech.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Le Riad Monceau inside the Medina for 3 nights. It is a gorgeous oasis in the middle of the alleys that make up the markets and town center. We prearranged airport transfer and the driver was on time and polite. A runner comes to meet the taxi driver to escort you the rest of the way since the alleys are too small for cars. The hotel staff was very helpful - everyone from the young lady at the desk, to the Chef, to the waiters, to the maids. We ate two nights in the restaurant which was delicious...so much so that we signed up for the cooking class our last day! Breakfast was light but yummy mostly breads/cereals with eggs to order. If we are ever back in Marrakech we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We saw two of their seven(?) rooms and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
1  Thank CB201401

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This riad is sublime. We stayed in the Pacha suite, making full use of the jacuzzi and, had it been colder, would have got the room's open fire roaring too. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was great - have reviewed separately - and there is an in-house hammam that was perfect for two. We sunbathed on the roof terrace, ate simple but very tasty lunches on the balcony and spent a blissful morning having a thoroughly good scrub, wash and massage in the hammam. The only downside was that none of the reception staff warned us about the prolific and very unpleasant tannery scams before we headed out into the souks, like lambs to the slaughter, on our first day in the city (see 'Tannery' for more info on this), but apart from that one small niggle, cannot recommend this riad highly enough. Top tip - bring earplugs to avoid being woken at 6 am every morning by the amplified call to prayer that rings out across the city.

1  Thank Chrissey_Sull

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was our first trip to Marrakech. Our arrival here was a superb experience. This lovely riad is located right in the main square, so we couldn't have asked for more in terms of location. The hotel itself was serene in the midst of all the craziness that was Marrakech. Great food available inside, lovely little pool. The room was very stylish, and had an ambience of luxury. The staff were excellent throughout, and even arranged an airport pickup for us. Great experience in the lap of luxury!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.