Le Riad Monceau
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$111
US$105
All reviewsthe main squarepasha suiteprivate jacuzzicooking classthe hustle and bustlejemaa ellovely riadhotel restauranthammam spafirst floorsmall alleyan oasis of peacemoroccan pastriesshort stayheart of marrakechhighly recommend this riadbig square
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a wonderful time there. The staff and the service they provide are absolutely outstanding. We really cannot stress this point enough. Helpful and smart high quality service, which is otherwise rare. Lovely Riad, in a Medina backstreet, yet still manageable to reach from the Jemaa El Fna square. The only bad things were a power outage on the first day and the Hammam. The Hammam is located on the roof terrace (which is amazing for a leisurely afternoon mint tea and from which you can even see the Atlas mountains). It is tiny and I think they get staff from outside, who are unable to speak English, which lead to a number of problems, including not getting the treatment we had already asked and paid for. Best to either go to a real public Hammam, or a Spa. Other than that, a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FalcoJava
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this nice review.
I understand you had a great time with us and I would like to assure you that makes me sincerely happy.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked this place as a surprise getaway for my wife's birthday and I couldn't have been happier! The staff couldn't do enough for us and the service was impeccable! It's a 1 minute walk from the main square with its hustle and bustle but on walking through the door of the Riad, the unquestionable tranquility of the place is surprising - an oasis in the middle of the madness.
Our room was as traditional as it gets and was so comfortable. The bath tub could fit a rugby team in and is set in traditional opulence.

You want location? GOT IT, you want great service? IT HAS IT, you want peace away from the madness - STAY HERE!

And you will be the luckiest person in the world if the lovely Riesling is working - very welcoming and humorous young lady who goes out of her way to help everyone

Will DEFINITELY be back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sha g
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This place is an absolute haven. Located just off Jemaa al fina, down a charming street with some of the best food places we experienced. From the moment you walk in, the service is impeccable. Particularly from Riesling, the lovely lady on reception. She cannot so enough for you and always with the biggest smile on her face. The rest of the staff, cleaners, waiters etc all offer you a friendly hello each time you see them and cannot do enough for you. The riad itself is a quiet oasis with no noise whatsoever from the square. We couldn't work out how! We stayed in the marjane suite and it was stunning!!! Traditional Moroccan with beautiful furnishings and a giant bath tub. Marjane overlooks the pool and gorgeous courtyard area which, in my opinion was the best in house. We have often sat by the pool enjoying a glass of wine and seeing in the afternoon. The only point they could improve on is breakfast but it's light and sees you through. Just pop down to the end of the road for a beautiful sandwich of Moroccan sausage for roughly £1.50- it doesn't disappoint! The transfers are also great with a friendly driver who doubles as a charming our guide. As far as surprise birthday trips go, my husband blew me away and I will most certainly return. I've been fortunate to stay in some of the worlds best hotels but never have I wanted to stay in a place forever, until now!

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I recently stayed here at a friend's recommendation and was very very happy with my stay. The Riad is a gorgeous property with breath-taking interiors. My suite was huge and was done up so tastefully! I was in love with the authentic moroccan decor of my massive bathroom. It really made me feel like a royal on a clandestine trip! Riad Monceau is located in the middle of the city's main market area and you'd think that it gets loud here but it does not. The design of the hotel is such that all rooms remain private. I ate at the hotel restaurant once at the Manager's insistence and their spread of kebabs and meats was delicious. The rooftop restaurant has lovely views of the place and my dinner was well spent with some friendly tourists and some good hookah. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed with my wife.

Good points:

1. Beautiful interior with traditional design, lovely room. Very romantic.
2. Good restaurant - great for your first night and one of the better restaurants in Marrakech that we visited
3. Friendly and helpful staff
4. Lovely roof terrace - can look out at the stars at night
5. Very clean, room cleaned daily
6. The surrounding area (medina) was very run down indeed. This riad was very much an oasis.
7. We ate generally in the new town - hivernage. This was because the area surrounding the hotel, including the square, was a tourist trap and food really didn't look good. The new town had some great restaurants (e.g
Le Comptoire) that were reasonably priced. These were just over 10 minutes walk from Riad Monceau - so it is well situated.

Downsides:

1. In comparison to the excellent evening meal, breakfast was not so good - cornflakes, bread, coffee - so pretty basic. Bread not fresh.

2. Wifi only really worked in reception not rooms. That said it is a romantic getaway so perhaps that's a good thing!

Overall a beautiful romantic hotel for couples with great staff and good food. A great choice if you want to be situated in the heart of old Marrakech.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
RM-management, Propriétaire at Le Riad Monceau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.