“Exellent!!!”

Ranked #421 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Exellent!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

It was our second stay at Douarskholl and we could not be happier with it. Mohammed was fantastic, he made us feel really welcome and even revealed the secrets of making mint tea. I especially enjoyed the evening chats(with tea of course) when I had the chance to learn so many new things about local customs and culture.Thanks Mohammed!
The riad is at a very good location, just few minutes from the square, it's built in a traditional way, great atmosphere and surprisingly clean.
I definitely recommend you to stay at Douarskholl, it' s a great riad, the best customer service ever and good value for money.

Room Tip: The room with split level is lovely
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pescara
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This guesthouse ticks all the boxes: great location, wonderful atmosphere, nicely decorated....and peaceful! I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for the perfect guesthouse in the heart of Medina. I'd like to thanks Mohammed for his kindness and for being so cheerful. Don't forget to check out the great view of Marrakech from the top roof terrace!Merci Mohammed pour ta hospitalité..les filles italienne, MAMD.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dailali
limoges
Reviewed 4 February 2012

a wonderful oasis of calm in the midst of marrakech chaos! beautifully deccorated and with a fab roof terrace, this riad is a superb place to stay, for a while or just a night or two. Mohammed is so helpful and entertaining, supplying maps to allow one to find a way back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Very tranquille vibe and laid-back yet stylish interior in this small and quiet riad. Moreover, Mohammed the host with the most, is fantastically helpful, knowledgeable and cheerful. Highly recommendable for most travellers...

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Ksingla
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Very close to the main Square Jemaa el-Fnaa yet peaceful and quiet, hidden in the heart of the old Medina, Douraskoll was a great choice. The hotel has a family atmospehere and thanks to Mohhamed, who was always kind and smiling, we felt welcome at all the time. The room we stayed at was super cosy, decorated in local style and had its own bathroom (it was the room for 3 so we also had a little "living room" area with an extra bed and small coffee table) The bed was super comfortable, rooms clean and we had an extra little heating so it never got cold (although we came in January). The best part of the hotel is the roof top terrace where you can relax, enjoy the sun and a great view of the roofs of Marrakech (and the mountains!). Breakfast was composed of the best mint the we had in Marrakech and local bread & butter & jam. The hotel is a bit difficult to find in the medina at first but locals will be happy to show you the way (be careful with that - they will guide you but expect you to pay them and all the other people THEY ask for directions.)
In genereal we had great time in Duarskoll and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The best room is the one with a big baldachin bed so I would definitely choose that one next time!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anicka34
St Andrews
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The first day was great, the room is small and the toilet is outside but it has a shower and a sink and it was generally clean. The manager was initially very friendly but when I mentioned that some money was taken from my wallet which was inside the room he got very agitated saying that the room me and my mother stayed was the only room which they had only one key. When I asked where was the police he said they would laugh due to the fact that only 150 dirhams was missing (about £15). That despite being a small figure was enough for us to have a lovely lunch next day before leaving Marrakech. When I went to the police they took very seriously despite being a small amount. When I came back home the manager kept talking to the other guests about my complaint and how many wonderful reviews he has etc. We could hear the conversation from our room and it was very uncomfortable for us both. I went to the police and recommend any future guests that notice any amount of money missing from their wallet no matter how small to report it! To make matters worst I have been receiving messages from the manager on a daily basis. Even suggesting that maybe I did not had enough money to pay the room when I paid upfront when we arrived!!!! This is now borderline harassment. Needless to say his email is now on my spam folder!!! I do not recommend Douarskoll to anyone.

Room Tip: dont stay there
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ingrid d
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Douarskoll is a nice, nice place. Located just in the heart of the old city, it's a charming moroccan house, with friendly and helpful staff, a great terrace and a peaceful mood. Besides, it's not expensive and with some more Dirham you can get the wonderful big room on the third floor: ask for it! Maybe breakfast could be a little bit more satisfactory, anyway for us it was quite ok, it depends by you....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends