We had previously arranged with the Riad to be picked up at the airport (10 Euros) where we were met by an English speaking driver who welcomed us ,we drove through the maze of streets before stopping after about 20 minutes then we walked down a small street into an old alley which led to the entrance to the Riad. We entered into a beautiful courtyard with large plants, various lanterns and carpets, the manageress Bouchra greeted us warmly and we were invited to sit in the small lounge and given mint tea, emphasizing that the Riad was our home during our stay and nothing was too much trouble for us.
The next day we took breakfast on the terrace enjoying the views, a wonderful blue sky and sun with a view of the Koutoubia Mosque. Breakfast was simple but ample and Sleimen the waiter was very friendly. Marrakech is not for everyone although those with a spirit of adventure will find plenty to do. Be prepared to get lost in the maze of Souks but we felt safe, even out late there are plenty of people around to help you if you get lost. The main square in the evenings, strolling around sampling traditional music, food and the snake charmers is a must.
If you want a hotel with hard edges, a reception that has little or no real time for you, boring rooms and indifferent food then I am sure that the Dar Eliane is not for you.
But if you want a chance to appreciate what life might have been like 300 years ago yet still enjoy modern conveniences, the ability to be in the middle of the old town within minutes, friendly and caring staff then this is the place to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The riad has been lovingly restored over many years by its English owner and offers sumptuous accommodation over two floors each of the spacious five double bedrooms has reversible air conditioning with en-suite bathrooms and their chic but authentic styles are to be savoured. The inner courtyard is surrounded by tall elegant arches, refreshed by two flowing fountains and only the whisper of water and the song of the birds will come to disturb your tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Dar Eliane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Marrakech
- Dar Eliane Hotel Marrakech