We had the most fantastic stay at the Riad Noir d'Ivoire. Nothing was too much trouble and from the moment we stepped into this little oasis of calm we couldn't stop smiling. We spotted the same inane grin on the faces of everyone on their first day there. After a long day of travelling, being welcomed and sitting down with a mojito in the beautiful surroundings of the Riad made all of our stresses disappear in about 30 seconds..
We're normally a couple that looks after ourselves on holiday, we don't like to be a bother, we tend to keep fairly quiet and invisible, but here the smile was infectious, and all of the staff went out of their way to help. We felt like part of the family after a couple of days.
Afaf made sure we were absolutely confident leaving the Riad, she ensured we had a map and we always took the mobile phone with us (we christened it the Batphone) just in case we needed anything. Located in the midst of the medina, it was a fairly easy walk to get to the square and souks. Equally, we could walk to the Jardin Majorelle in the new town without any trouble. Knowing that we could be rescued if we got lost was absolutely invaluable to us and gave us the confidence to explore.
The spa treatments we had were utterly relaxing, the food Mama cooked for us was delicious, breakfast in a different spot every day ("On the roof terrace today, darling??"), the cheeky cats who entertained us.... the attention to detail was just fantastic. It was quiet, peaceful and the most relaxing break I think we've ever had.
Afaf booked dinner for us at the Cafe Arabe and La Maison Arabe. Both served delicious food and good wine and we had a lovely evenings in both of them. She also arranged a day trip into the Atlas Mountains which was just amazing! Lunch at the Kasbah Bab Ourika was eaten in the most beautiful setting (Kasbah Tamadot owned by Richard Branson was fully booked. I'm still sulking a bit about that!)
Afaf and the other staff at the Riad couldn't be more helpful and made our stay a complete pleasure. We felt safe, content and utterly looked after in this magical place and can't thank them enough for making our 10th anniversary treat an incredibly memorable one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic boutique hotel composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include bar, Spa with traditional hammam, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech