“Total luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Nottingham
“Total luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped for 5 days at the beginning of December and were amazed by this fabulous hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we were spoiled silly. The Riad was very quiet while we were there and it felt like our own private residence in the middle of the city. One night it was my wife's birthday and they made a fabulous fuss if her and prepared a special dinner table with rose petals by the pool. Breakfasts are superb and we also ate in a couple if nights the food was too quality. Our bedroom was stunning with a huge bathroom and also a seated area with a real fire. Every night we copied up in front of our very own crackling fire and we must have got through hundreds of logs.

The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. The cats seemed to like us too.

I would highly recommend the Riad and one day we will definitely go back. If you want to be spoiled in a fabulous and hospitable place, this is the place you should come !!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisBall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The peace and intimacy of this beautiful riad is exceeded only by the attentiveness and warmth of the staff. From my first evening, tired after 36 hours of travel, met by friendly staff who welcomed me with a glass of wine by the courtyard with four two-story waterfalls and an exquisite meal, to the cell phone pre-programmed with riad and Afaf's number should I get lost in the souks. Before I came there was a mix-up on rooms, and the immediate attention from this riad to make it right and insure that I was not disappointed was far beyond my expectations. The massage and hamman were lovely, and the two riad cats made me feel even more at home. I stayed twice, with six days on a bike trip in between -- Afaf gave me another programmed cell phone with instructions to call her if I needed any help on the trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Linda L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Open fires, exquisite decor and impeccable service are the hallmark of this amazing riad.
An oasis of calm and luxury in contrast to the noise and excitement found in the nearby souks and square as the locals go about their business vying for tourists dirhams.
Afaf and her team attended to our every need. Steve, our host, took a personal interest in our stay ensuring we had everything we needed.
We would recommend everything about Noire D'Ivoire which is undoubtably the best riad in Marrakech.

1 Thank Robert C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I swore I'd never write a review for a website such as this, and it has taken something exceptional to stir me in to action, but great feedback is the life-blood of any business and we had a beautiful 4 days as guests of Afaf and the team. Having seen other ill-informed reviews, you should be ready for the assault on the senses that staying at the Riad has.....beautiful rooms, great food and an intimacy that probably few other locations could offer just compel you to absorb as much of this hotel and what it offers as possible. You weave your way to 'find' the riad, but that's the whole point of the medina. If you want sanitised, 'westernised' surroundings, why on earth would you be looking to spend time within the old city walls with all it's accompanying sights, chaos, noise and smells? As I said to my partner, this is real life being lived out as Marrakech wants it to be and we loved it. Quite unique, we stayed in a room with a terrace all of its own and had breakfast served all to ourselves. The team made bookings and recommendations for us that simply added to the whole experience (donkeys, men with lanterns, belly dancing, rose petals, exceptional tagines) and we missed it as soon as we got home and will be going back. I've had countless hotel experiences in many countries and time in the Noir d'ivoire would be at the top of pretty much all of them - wonderful and memorable. Thank you to the team, they deserve all the accolades they get and we hope they continue to have the passion for years to come and bring something unforgettable to many other guests.

Room Tip: Don't penny pinch...go for the best you can - you won't regret it
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Just back from a week in the Riad with my wife (stayed in the beautiful Zebre room). Loved everything about this Riad. Unparalelled and discreet service, wonderfully decorated room, and beautifully furnished Riad which was an idyllic retreat. All the staff were available if required for assistance or advice but were never over-bearing. Loved staying in the Medina and while it is tucked away down a few alleyways we found it easy to navigate with the clear map and directions given to you by the Riad on your arrival. The location is convenient for a walk through the medina to the main square, and also if you wanted to exit the Medina towards the new town. Our experience of the Medina was very positive. We enjoyed staying in amongst the day to day life of the old town rather than in the new town which was very pleasant but which frankly isn't too different to a lot of the shops and restaurants you would find in Paris or Nice. Many Thanks to Afaf and the whole team for looking after us so well and we would love to return to stay next time and would wholly recommend this Riad to others.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Zebre suite and didn't see any of the other rooms. Zebre suite was well furnish...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I hated this place and after 4 nights, i totally regretted not booking a place in new town and commuting to the medina like most people do. Granted the servers are really nice, but they are the only redeeming quality of this riad.. It is a total rip-off. The hotels in new town are much nicer and way cheaper and closer to the decent restaurants. "Mama" their chef isn't any good, and their food and drink is totally over priced. Rebecca will be right up your grill recommending places in the atlas mountains where she likely gets a cut - I didn't like her at all. The worst part is the location of the riad- you need a map getting in and out of the place. And no cab can take you there. And when you get lost you're like a hostage. Its the worse and it happened to us. The riad has this cab driver mohammed, and its a total scam. You are beholden to him to get anywhere bc the location is so obscure. We called him for directions with arabic speaking friends and he wouldn't tell us how to get back there without meeting him and paying him.. Skip this place.Unless you fancy walking by a trash heap daily and homeless people begging in the middle of complete, dirty chaos. Stray cats everywhere. It is gross. I have been to Morocco before and there is no way upscale Moroccans would stay at this place. Never.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank mspin12
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

So I travel a good deal and have stayed in some glorious places, but this riad is something special. I was there with my husband on our honeymoon; we had wanted to splurge a little given that it was our honeymoon, so our initial plan was to stay at La Mamounia. However,we ultimately decided that we wanted something in the medina and more intimate so chose Riad Noir d'Ivoire. I am so glad that we did; this hotel was the highlight of our trip.

So the riad itself should be featured in Architectural Digest, the food was better than anywhere else we ate, and the staff was the friendliest and most accommodating group of individuals I have EVER encountered. But what really makes this place special is that the the owner has made it feel like your own private riad, with your own private staff, and you feel like a queen (or king) while there. Every detail had been thought of from a personal cell phone that is given to you upon check-in to scrumptious treats and bathrobes in the rooms. You can swim in the heated pool anytime of day or night, and I highly recommend the hammam. I am still scratching my head as to why I have not heard of this place before! Really, I cannot encourage you enough to stay here. Not only will you not regret it, but you will want to go back again and again!!

Room Tip: The Guepard room is unbelievable - most amazing suite I have ever stayed in.