We have just returned from a week in Marrakech, the first three nights of which were spent in this magical place. The experience was fautless, We were met at the airport, as arranged and driven to as near to the Riad as a car can get. Then we were met by Riad staff and the house donkey, Cous Cous (a very sweet donkey, by the way) who towed a little cart with our luggage in it through busy alleys to the Riad itself. Unremarkable from the outside, we entered a different world. We were welcomed by Hassan and Afaf and given a welcome drink and painless check in. Were also given a really excellent map, with a detailed version overleaf and - a great touch this - our personal mobile phone with the Riad's number, as well as those of Afaf, Hassan and Hicham programmed into it. This was our means of calling for any service, their means of contacting us and a mobile panic button if we got lost. Thanks to the excellence of the map, we never did!
The riad comprises two buildings, which intercommunicate. The original one houses the winter, covered, courtyard with a small swimming pool, reception, a little boutique and six rooms, some of which are junior suites. There is a roof terrace with open views. The second building houses the bar, a wonderful open summer courtyard with a larger pool, a fumoir and the hammam. There are three master suites in this section, one of which we had, all of which have their own roof terraces. The decor and attention to detail was faultless. Our suite was excellent with powerful air conditioning (necessary) a beautiful bathroom and sitting room overlooking the courtyard.
Service was impeccable - nothing was too much trouble and the staff were all charming. Mama's food was excellent - breakfasts were delicious and dinner was so good that we dined at the Riad twice. The location was perfect in the North Medina and only 15 minutes from Jemaa el Fna, the central square, with souks on the way. It was a pretty easy walk to the Majorelle Gardens in the New Town and on to the centre. So all in all a perfect location for a magical little place. We went to La Mamounia for lunch one day. It seemed over large, expensive and impersonal. We were so pleased to return to our home from home in the Medina. Strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Prestigia so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech