Noir d'Ivoire is, undoubtedly, La Grande Dame of Marrakech riads. Unequalled in looks and service, comfort and style.
A few things sets it apart from other also beautiful properties: it has plenty of spaces, nooks and crannies to rest, sunbathe, sit alone with a book or a drink, without feeling intruded upon by other guests or staff. Aaahhh, its staff! They are just wonderful. Salient among them are Noury and Hicham, both charming, professional, friendly and funny -always ready to make one’s day even more comfortable. Also Mama, the great cook who prepared the most scrumptious beef tajine I had in all of Marrakech. Aziza and Abdoul have a permanent lovely smile to greet you. Meriam is always ready to help, even with packing. The atmosphere is calm and it is noticeable that the staff enjoys working there and does it professionally. A sense of calmness and harmony pervades the spaces.
Travelling by myself, their two smaller rooms were comfortable, pretty and perfect. Their suites are lovely –I adore Chameau, which overlooks one of the two stunning patios. The pool, whilst not huge, is plenty good enough for a medina riad, and it is wonderful to sunbathe a couple of hours in the afternoon, in between souk visits. Its terrace is beautiful, with great views, and comfortable areas to sit, have breakfast or a drink. There is even a small but very adequate gym.
Not too far, are a couple of very pleasant medina restaurants, namely Le Jardin, La Terrace des Epices and Café Arabe. I was able to go out in the evening and return by myself at around 10 or 10.30 pm without any problems, but the riad also offers a mobile telephone during one’s entire visit so that one can always call to be rescued if lost or in need. That is a very welcome touch.
The riad is located in the Bab Doukkala area, with its antique shops, and tailors –ideal!
I have tried many riads in Marrakech, since I visit with certain frequency.
In its category, Noir d’Ivoire is hard to beat. Go if you want to be pampered and wooed by its beauty and its staff. Not for nothing does it have many return visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic boutique hotel composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include bar, Spa with traditional hammam, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Prestigia and Priceline so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech