“Hands down the most gorgeous place we've ever stayed”
Review of Riad Noir d'Ivoire

Riad Noir d'Ivoire
Ranked #9 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester
“Hands down the most gorgeous place we've ever stayed”
Reviewed 12 June 2009

My husband's 40th birthday could not have been any more special, thanks to Gill and her incredible team. It's hard to describe how spectacular the riad is - and yet how totally chilled, relaxed and welcoming. Gill and Damian made sure the birthday was unforgettable by organising champagne and happy birthday (with a little cake) at breakfast, served on the gorgeous roof terrace. In the evening, they'd booked us dinner at a fantastic restaurant where he was again seranaded and even given a little present. In many years of travelling, I have never seen levels of dedication to their guests to match theirs. If you're going there, you will be absolutely wowed. Enjoy every minute!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Well if the old saying is true, what a way to begin!! My wife had spirited me here as a magical surprise for my 40th birthday and the magic truly lasted the entire duration of our break. From the moment we were collected by Couscous the donkey, the service and attentiveness of the staff were impeccable. Jill, the proprietor, greeted us as we arrived with ice cold glasses of the local rosé wine (very good by the way) and a chair by the pool and insisted we just relax.......we did for the entirety of our trip!! In fact it's impossible not to with the facilities that are at hand - from the private roof terrace and jacuzzi to the wonderfully refreshing and cleansing hammam (a must!) carried out by Nadia.
The interior design of the zebra suite, as with the entire property, was incredibly thoughtful. It captures all of the ancient mystery that Marrakech invokes, but also ties in the influences of the modern era.
Damian, the manager, and Jill herself, were a great help in every way, whether it was recommending and booking a restaurant or plotting a route through the labyrinth that is the Medina. They are blessed with a compliment of staff that are a real credit, not just to them, but to Morocco itself. The friendliness and attentiveness of the whole staff were second to none and it really did feel as if we were part of their extended family!
My wife and I had such a wonderful time at this beautiful Riad and were thoroughly pampered. We would highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

My husband and I spent 4 days at the riad for our honeymoon. Every day was amazing. Damien, Jill and the staff made us feel very comfortable and at home!
The riad itself is beautiful, amazingly decorated by Jill and very well situated in the medina: it is a very peaceful place especially if you've been in the souks. We were staying in one of the suites: we had our own entrance, a living room with a view over the courtyard and swimming pool, and a roof terrace with our own jacuzzi where every morning we had our breakfast. Damien was helping us planning our day by suggesting different few places to eat, drink or monuments to visit depending on our mood. We were amazed by the service: the staff was making sure everything was perfect for us. For our next trip to Marrakech, I will definitely book this riad again.

Reviewed 29 May 2009

Noir D'Ivoire is a tranquil haven of paradise within the bustling chaos of the Medina. Jill and her team are wonderful hosts ensuring that you do not have to lift finger and ensure your stay is luxuriously relaxing. A spa treatment, particularly a hammam before breakfast is definitely the way to start the day.

Marrakech is not for the fainted heart as you jostle for position with the donkeys, bicycles and scooters as you loose yourself within the maze of the Medina but Noir D'Ivoire offers an escape from the mayhem. The decor is sympathetic and subtly opulent.

A stay here is a must.

London, UK
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My choice in Riad Noir d'Ivoire was based purely on someone at work saying "if you are going to marrakech - you must stay in a riad!" - followed my online searching and finding the rave reviews on trip advisor for Riad Noir d'Ivoire.
Let me tell you - it does not fail to meet expectations.
I was taking my boyfriend away to celebrate a small anniversairy, and although I made a total error in booking my flights - we managed to get to Marrakech( Not Poland) on a friday. The weather was lovely, not too hot, and we were greated punctionally at the airport.
After meeting cous cous (resident donkey) to take our luggage to the riad, nothing prepared me for how much it would blow us away. My partner had no idea where we were staying, and he was extremely happy and amazed by the building structure and serenity.
Jill and Daniel were fantastic hosts and if it wasn't for Jill we probably would have ended up in krakow. Thank you.
We couldn't have asked for anything more - the service, our amazing zebre suite with jacuzzi terrace, the picturess setting, the top tips and hospitality was second to none.
We are already planning our trip back with a host of friends! You will not go wrong with Noir d'Ivoire.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I have just returned from a 5 night stay in this fabulous Riad. I can honestly say it was one of the best places I've ever stayed and my husband (it was the final leg of our honeymoon) would wholeheartedly agree. A 5 star hotel wouldn't be able to stand up to this beautiful Riad. From start to finish the experience was pure perfection. This Riad is exquisitely decorated by Jill (who's the owner and is there most of the time) and managed to perfection by Damien.
We were greeted and led to the Riad on arrival. Following, we went through narrow streets until we arrived to what looked like an ordinary building. Once inside our jaws fell to the floor as we were greeted by Damien and brought through the first courtyard and into the second. There we were told to take a 30 minute breather after our long journey and enjoy a glass of wine (on the house, nice touch) and simply relax. One unwinds the minute you walk through the threshold and you feel like you've entered another world.
Feeling giddy at the prospect of 5 whole nights here we were keen to see our room. We weren't disapponted. The rooms are individually and superbly decorated. Anyone with an appreciation for design will just delight in this Riad. Everything is simply beautiful.
After relaxing for 40 mins we arrived back downstairs and were met again by Damien who recommended a restaurant for the night. Perfectly chosen we had a wonderful night, left there and brought home by a driver (one pays for the privelage but its reasonable and worthwhile). The rest of the 4 nights flowed as easily. We were looked after superbly by all the staff. My only complaint is that it had to end!
This is a wonderful place to stay and I can't recommend it highly enough. We look forward to returning as soon as we can.

Ascot
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My husband treated me to a 4-night stay at the Noir d'Ivoire and what a treat it was! Neither of us had visited Marrakech before, but the city and the hotel lived up to high expectations.

The riad is situated in the heart of the medina, so cars cannot get beyond a certain point. Cous-Cous, the donkey, obligingly takes your suitcases through a maze of narrow alleyways to a door within a door, set into a wall. There is no indication that this is a hotel entrance. Inside is a world away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy stalls of the medina. It is a beautiful, calm retreat, tastefully designed by Jill, an interior designer, and also the owner of the riad.

Our bedroom, called the Elephant Room, overlooked a central courtyard. It was large and cool, a welcome respite from the heat of the city outside.

If you've had enough of sightseeing, you can relax by the beautiful pool in the second courtyard. During our stay, I also enjoyed a reflexology treatment and a 'steam clean' in the hotel's hammam!

Every member of staff was helpful and friendly. Jill gave us the benefit of her local knowledge, advising on what to do and see during our stay. One evening, my husband and I got lost on our way back to the riad, following a meal at a local restaurant. Two of the riad's waiters were on their way home on their scooter and saw us. They stopped and took the time to guide us back to the Noir d'Ivoire. That's what I call good service!

We would definitely recommend this lovely hotel.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple