“Perfection in Marrakech”

Ranked #10 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Melbourne
“Perfection in Marrakech”
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We enjoyed six nights at this beautiful Riad. We could not fault the service and the beautiful decor. Thank you to Damien and Oliver for all the attention and advice you gave us during our stay. We will certainly be back to visit.
Lynne and Mike ,
Melbourne

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fairfax County
Reviewed 3 July 2009

The Noir D'Ivoire was terrific. The staff was the best ever. Really made us feel welcome and comfortable. Anytime we asked for suggestions for dinner, directions, sightseeing options - they were more than helpful. They seem to bend over backwards to assist their guests. Unluckily for us we visited Marrakesh during election week; all day until late at night there were crowds of people distributing fliers every were, chanting and playing drums and we could hear them even from our room. It was quite annoying.

1 Thank Dorafrd
cape town
Reviewed 2 July 2009

Heavenly oasis after a hot day in Marrakech. Impeccable service fulfilling every need in an exquisite setting. Attention to detail at every turn. Delicious home made breakfast with wonderful suggestions for dinners and outings.
It felt like home. Nothing was too much trouble.
Alison Reynolds
Cape Town

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 1 July 2009

It is easy to fall in love in the city of Marrakech; however it is easier when staying at Riad Noir d'Ivoire. The Riad gives you the perfect mix of African interior design and culture, hospitality, excellent service, Moroccan simplicity and luxury but without being too glamorous. The Riad was specially selected by my boyfriend to propose to me, I guess we all understand that it takes a lot among the hotels of the world to be selected for a moment like that.

Greece
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We spend 5 nights at the Riad from 6th - 11th of June 2009. The Riad is beautifully decorated and the owner, Jill with her personnel, work effortlessly to make sure guests take the most out of the hotel and of Marrakech (restaurants, shopping, sight-seeing etc etc). We stayed at a standard room which is very nicely furbished, but a little small. What is amazing about this Riad is its location. It is situated inside Old Marrakech (Medina) and in order to get to the hotel, one has to walk through some very picturesque alleys that make you feel medieval but are safe otherwise. Then the Riad's door opens and you find yourself pampered in luxury. A true hidden gem, an oasis. It is a great option if you want to stay in the Medina. and not the more "European" side of the new city.
Overall this Riad deserves all 5 stars.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 June 2009

A friend and I were directed to Noir d'Ivoire through Mr & Mrs Smith, a boutique luxury hotel site that told us that it was the best of the bunch in the center of Marrakech. Before arrival, my friend corresponded with the proprietor, Jill, who was incredibly available and helpful with information, suggestions and reservations.

This was my first trip to Morocco and I did not know what to expect but was pretty much blown away with the service, amenities, care and kindness we received at Noir d'Ivoire.

Upon arrival, Jill and the manager Damien made sure I was comfortable and had all the information I needed on the hotel, the area, etc. They were incredible with restaurant recommendations, shopping suggestions, directions, etc. They assured me that it was fine to walk around the area alone, gave great directions and had someone available to walk me back to the hotel the first couple of times. My favorite amenity is the mobile phone handed to me for the duration of my stay with all hotel staff numbers programmed in!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the hotel and all of it's amenities: first off, it is gorgeous - an understated oasis with low key elegance that is super comfortable. The spa is incredible as is the hammam. Treatments were spectacular. The hotel gift shop had by far the most beautiful and unique items that I saw while in Marrakech. And breakfast was copious and delicious with fresh juice, fruits and homemade pancakes and eggs.

I felt very at home and comfortable at Noir d'Ivoire. Laying by the pool was tranquil and luxurious, particularly when I was having a fresh smoothie delivered to me by one of the lovely staff. The rooftop was a fantastic spot for breakfast, snack or late afternoon sun, and the several sitting areas around the hotel were private and cozy.

I cannot wait to get back to Marrakech and particularly to Noir d'Ivoire. I travel quite a bit and find that this riad just knows how to do everything right!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
london
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My stay here at the Noir D'Ivoire was wonderful! My husband and I arrived for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary and must say they fulfilled any needs I had! When we first arrived, we were warmly greeted. Gill and all the staff were extremely helpful. The room was so comfortable with some flair to it yet a bit noisy. The bathroom was surprisingly big and had some great toiletries! We were in and out of the hotel the entire weekend, but every time we left or entered, someone was always there to greet us with a smile!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple